Sub Woofer

Barrington2k

Jan 26, 2019
Guys I'm hitting a brick wall

Loving my 2019 FR Sport 115 apart from one thing. I'm struggling enjoy music due to poor bass.
I don't even want a massive boom box, I just want to improve the sound quality and can't.

Been to see a car audio supplier and fitter with a view to potentially fitting an under seat sub woofer
However while there he didn't appear to have a clue how he would fit one

Firstly he couldn't find one small enough to fit under the seat, and secondly he didn't know about routing wires etc. The lack of confidence told me not to bother.

Anyone here got a sub woofer fitted please?
Can you share some experience and maybe recommended anything or anyone?

Reactions: IanH72

ayrshiredude

Dec 2, 2017
. I have the FR 115 and the standard system. I have the bass up full and the treble pretty high and am delighted with the bass. I find the whole sound well balanced and clear. The problem for me is when you add a sub woofer its just boomy bass and I don't like that.

Barrington2k

Jan 26, 2019
. I have the FR 115 and the standard system. I have the bass up full and the treble pretty high and am delighted with the bass. I find the whole sound well balanced and clear. The problem for me is when you add a sub woofer its just boomy bass and I don't like that.

My bass is set on flat and the speakers vibrate in the doors. How the hell don't yours? Plus surly they distort?

ayrshiredude

Dec 2, 2017
Mine definately doesn't distort and the speakers don't vibrate in the doors. Just looked at the settings and there not quite all the way up. I have attached a pic of my settings. I have said before on here, of all the cars I have had the entertainment system on this is by far the best sounding standard set up I hav eever had, this would include previous cars where I have even changed the speakers.

Attachments

• 20190630_190045.jpg
    20190630_190045.jpg
    219.1 KB · Views: 237

Barrington2k

Jan 26, 2019
Mine definately doesn't distort and the speakers don't vibrate in the doors. Just looked at the settings and there not quite all the way up. I have attached a pic of my settings. I have said before on here, of all the cars I have had the entertainment system on this is by far the best sounding standard set up I hav eever had, this would include previous cars where I have even changed the speakers.

What style of music are you listening to generally?

gojoego

Mar 14, 2019
I don't like the bass in the car either. I had a quote to get a sub installed, in the boot that sits flat so you can put stuff on top without it being too much in the way - £440 with cables and installed (Sub is £200 - a Kenwood 400w one).

Debating whether to get it done.

Did you know you can code the system so that you can move the sound around in car, as well as add the option of a sub which you can individually control. I used the Carista beta to do this.

lntghll

Aug 13, 2018
Have to agree standard sound is not amazing, tends to struggle past three quarters volume. Definitely better results when increasing treble a lot, mids a little bit and bass a little bit. I think the beats upgrade exists for a reason.

Dont be put off though, i have a decent speaker set up at home so quality difference is probably more noticeable

KXL

KXL
Dec 15, 2016
London, UK
I guess it's all down to what you are used to prior in car/at home. I had a Leon with it's 4x20watt stock sound system, I thought that was decent. Then had an Ibiza with Seat Sound System (with small sub in spare wheel place in boot + amp), had more bass attack, but...still not overall much better than Leon (and these had 8in front speakers in doors). Now I have a Volvo V40 with 'High Performance' audio pack, this has a 4x45amp under the seat (no sub), and my my, this blows both Seat systems out of the water. I've once sat in a Mini One with the stock sound system, that was POOR. The best sound system in a car, I've heard recently, are the latest Mini's H&K (with 2 underseat woofers) and the previous gen Audi A1's Bose system.

bmibmc

Apr 17, 2019
Radio sound was meh but Aimp via Android auto sounded much better. My wife couldn't stand volume...
You might want to try to confirm or deny...

Sent from my MI 8 using Tapatalk

Danny77

Nov 13, 2018
I think the standard system is crap. But then I've always had aftermarket installs and like bass and volume. This Seat system is gutless and has very little punch, and the door cards can't cope with full volume. I can usually have a normal conversation at full volume btw. That's ridiculous.

May 16, 2019
Guys I'm hitting a brick wall

Loving my 2019 FR Sport 115 apart from one thing. I'm struggling enjoy music due to poor bass.
I don't even want a massive boom box, I just want to improve the sound quality and can't.

Been to see a car audio supplier and fitter with a view to potentially fitting an under seat sub woofer
However while there he didn't appear to have a clue how he would fit one

Firstly he couldn't find one small enough to fit under the seat, and secondly he didn't know about routing wires etc. The lack of confidence told me not to bother.

Anyone here got a sub woofer fitted please?
Can you share some experience and maybe recommended anything or anyone?
If you're not too far from Sheffield I would highly recommend Source Sounds (check their website) I had a component set replacement and the front doors fitted with sound deadening + wave diffuser. The wow moments keep coming been done about 2 weeks now and keeps getting better the speaker cones need about a month to properly bed in. Cost was just over £500 and took about 4 hours. Next step (when finances allow ) is an amp and sub.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.