What are you using...

Maypack

Ambassador for Cumberland Sausage
Apr 20, 2014
Gods Country - West Cumbria
What masking tape do people use on cars? I’m looking to apply my Gtechniq C4 to the black grille and want to mask the paint and trim off.

Will I need to? Don’t want my paintwork or other trim affected and not sure what to do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Deano j1971

Jan 5, 2018
What masking tape do people use on cars? I’m looking to apply my Gtechniq C4 to the black grille and want to mask the paint and trim off.

Will I need to? Don’t want my paintwork or other trim affected and not sure what to do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@Maypack...used GTechniq C4 on my trims before but I did not mask anything off. With such a small amount on the pad and the go slow process you should not really get it anywhere else apart from we’re your finger is rubbing.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reactions: Maypack

ChrisM75

May 10, 2019
Any low tack tape will do really. To be honest normal masking tape will do as long as its not on for hours.

Reactions: Maypack

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
Oh nuts... I was doing so well... I've just blown another £70 on detailing supplies!! I only wanted a new wash mitt. Oh :censored: I forgot the wash mitt.

Reactions: ChrisM75

ChrisM75

May 10, 2019
Yeah I've just bought the Polished Bliss microfibre bundle. Normally £60, but half price at the moment. 25 cloths including one seriously heavyweight buffer. Also got some Gyeon Fabric coat and Autobrite Project 64 gloss enhancer. Car is glowing, but it should, its a week old! Thankfully it was delivered free of swirls, which certainly isnt always the case.

Reactions: Legojon

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
So... anyone found any good storage bottles? I've started ordering stuff now that needs measuring / diluting before use. I'd rather mix up 2-3 bottles of stuff I use regularly and store them on the shelf. Would have to be transparent so I can see what I'm doing / what's left and pref with measuring marks ... and hold a litre would be good.

Brimfull

Nov 7, 2018
Wrexham
So... anyone found any good storage bottles? I've started ordering stuff now that needs measuring / diluting before use. I'd rather mix up 2-3 bottles of stuff I use regularly and store them on the shelf. Would have to be transparent so I can see what I'm doing / what's left and pref with measuring marks ... and hold a litre would be good.
Wilkos have a lot of bottles that can be used for storage. Not to expensive either.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Sharpy

This place has cost me a fortune....
Oct 2, 2018

I got a load from B&Q, they were around £1 each. They see,m reasonably good quality for what they are.

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
Oh nuts... I was doing so well... I've just blown another £70 on detailing supplies!! I only wanted a new wash mitt. Oh :censored: I forgot the wash mitt.

Make that £100 on stuff I didn't need.

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
This is what happens when @Jimbobcook doesn't stop me buying stuff! I'm seriously eating nothing but chocolate tea cakes for breakfast for the rest of the month!!

zrIxp8K.jpg

Laurbach

Jan 22, 2019
What do you guys do to leather seats. Am I right thinking it's either fake leather or leather with a coating on top? Should I only use a cleaner or is it still worth adding some leather conditioner? :help:

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
What do you guys do to leather seats. Am I right thinking it's either fake leather or leather with a coating on top? Should I only use a cleaner or is it still worth adding some leather conditioner? :help:

I'm hoping mine are real leather... see picture above. I'm going to use Carbon Collective Revive with the shoe like brush and then I'm going to use Leather Repair Companies protection cream. Previous I've just used AG leather cleaner and balm. They do the job, but I want to see if I can go better.

Laurbach

Jan 22, 2019
I'm hoping mine are real leather... see picture above. I'm going to use Carbon Collective Revive with the shoe like brush and then I'm going to use Leather Repair Companies protection cream. Previous I've just used AG leather cleaner and balm. They do the job, but I want to see if I can go better.
Your seats does look a lot more like real leather. The seats in mine doesn't really have much leather feel to it. But I guess no matter what material it is, at least a conditioner won't harm them..?

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
Your seats does look a lot more like real leather. The seats in mine doesn't really have much leather feel to it. But I guess no matter what material it is, at least a conditioner won't harm them..?

I have to be really careful with leather cleaners because of the heavy stitching pattern on the seats (don't want it discoloured). Apparently LRC use all natural ingredients (for what that's worth) but its supposed to be really gentle. Although, as with any product I've not used before, I'm trying the back of the rear seats first to see if anything bad happens... all good, then I'm spreading it on the seats with an ice cream scoop.

Reactions: Laurbach

Laurbach

Jan 22, 2019
I have to be really careful with leather cleaners because of the heavy stitching pattern on the seats (don't want it discoloured). Apparently LRC use all natural ingredients (for what that's worth) but its supposed to be really gentle. Although, as with any product I've not used before, I'm trying the back of the rear seats first to see if anything bad happens... all good, then I'm spreading it on the seats with an ice cream scoop.
Your seats look a lot cooler than the ones in the mk3 :yes: I've been looking online for info but it's a very mixed bag of advice. Some people say the leather is coated in a clear plastic that helps it look new for longer. And that conditioner doesn't make it through the coating, like waxing the car after its been wrapped in plastic. My seats certainly feels like plastic so maybe this is the way they make leather seats cheaper nowadays??

https://www.best-auto-detailing-tips.com/car-leather-care.html