The “where the bleeding hell is my Cupra ST I ordered months ago” thread

seatgraham

Feb 14, 2012
What colour? I think in that build week you’d probably get leather sports rather than “alcantara” buckets. But either way you have yourself a very capable car coming very soon. Unlike me.

Re: delivery to dealer - it gets built in two weeks and let’s assume it’s in production for 10 days. I’d give it five weeks max for shipping so I don’t think they’re too far off. And why would they be? They should be experts by now.

Yes, I know - not really too long to go. It's my first brand new car, not used to this waiting game. The broker originally advised May delivery!
It's Desire Red. Looking forward to it after having had a Mk1 Leon Cupra, then Mk2 FR.

st300

Apr 5, 2019
Tbh, why would you want leather? Hot as hell in summer and freezing in winter. Maybe if it came as standard in a luxury car ( Audi A8 etc ) I could accept leather. And todays interiors with coatings etc is easy to keep clean :)
A toddler and another sprog on the way is the main reason I want leather. If found Its so much easier to clean and harder wearing than other seat fabrics.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

st300

Apr 5, 2019
Seems like the ST Lux backlog hopefully might be easing. Rang Seat CS today and I now have a confirmed build week of week 27 so 1st week of July.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Mikertroid

May 31, 2019
My latest communication is that I can expect 20 weeks from 8 July.
My current motor ('09 325i Touring) is flashing up a new dash warning almost every day... not 100% sure I can wait that long!!

st300

Apr 5, 2019
Collected my courtesy car today while I await delivery... Dealer is confident it should be by the end of the month.

Also said these will probably be one of the last of the MY19 Lux's and confirmed only change they are aware of for MY20 Lux is leather replaced with front buckets and alcantara.

Diggler

Feb 9, 2019
UK
Collected my courtesy car today while I await delivery... Dealer is confident it should be by the end of the month.

Also said these will probably be one of the last of the MY19 Lux's and confirmed only change they are aware of for MY20 Lux is leather replaced with front buckets and alcantara.

Would be nice if it is. My insurance on my current Octavia VRS is due 4th August! The Pegasus Ace is docking in BCN tomorrow. Depends when it is due to sail again but fingers crossed our cars will be on it.

Mar 14, 2019
Phoned customer services earlier today to confirm my order is in production this week.CS said should be built by this Friday, which seems to tally with others who have indicated MY19 ST cupra factory orders end this week for MY20 specs to commence thereafter. Also confirmed was the original spec I ordered back in February. CS said they would email me next Monday with an order update, and am working on the basis hopefully of having this outright purchase delivered to me for first registration during September

rodger

Aug 16, 2007
Glasgow
I hope the cars that you've ordered all arrived without too much of a wait.

I have decided on a Cupra ST for my next car. Went to my local dealer and they have a cupra R ST in stock. It is a beautiful thing. I won't be changing for another few months at least.

What I am looking for is help with the Cupra ST models/spec etc. I see from the research that older DSG models come with 6 speed boxes but newer cars are 7. Some have sunroofs/electric and heated seats but when you go onto the configurator you don't seem to be able to spec anything like that.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

seatgraham

Feb 14, 2012

I have decided on a Cupra ST for my next car. Went to my local dealer and they have a cupra R ST in stock. It is a beautiful thing. I won't be changing for another few months at least.

What I am looking for is help with the Cupra ST models/spec etc. I see from the research that older DSG models come with 6 speed boxes but newer cars are 7. Some have sunroofs/electric and heated seats but when you go onto the configurator you don't seem to be able to spec anything like that.

New Cupras will have 7 speed DSG. Sunroof is optional extra.
I ordered the Cupra Lux which comes with winter pack (heated seats etc) and electric driver's seat. And leather.
I see that the Cupra Lux isn't currently shown on the configurator. This may be because a revised Lux model is coming soon for the new manufacturing year (MY20) - possibly next week.
I understand the main difference is that the leather seats are replaced with alcantara buckets (on the Lux). Lux currently comes with wireless charger and adaptive cruise - I have heard nothing to suggest that this will change with MY20. I expect mine will be one of the last with previous spec though.
Hopefully, the configurator will be updated soon after. Seat aren't always that quick to update the configurator when the spec changes.
The brochure should be updated too - but not sure when.
The current specs are in the online brochures though - should be very similar. I did hear that MY20 badges would be Cupra not SEAT but this hasn't been confirmed by the product team.

st300

Apr 5, 2019

I think all the Cupra ST's are 7 speed now.

I think the big issue right now is they are at the end of MY19 and haven't launched MY20 yet. Chat on here is MY20 will be launched in the coming weeks.
I think once that's launched you'll probably see some more options on offer.

Worth checking with the dealer though as they can sometimes add options that aren't available on configurator, sunroof etc.

rodger

Aug 16, 2007
Glasgow
Thanks for the replies guys, much appreciated.

Do Cupras have adaptive suspension as standard or is that also an option?

Oldbutswift

Mar 23, 2016
Thanks for the replies guys, much appreciated.

Do Cupras have adaptive suspension as standard or is that also an option?

Yes,they do as standard.

(...and it works a lot better than the suspension on the M140i you will be pleased to know!)

rodger

Aug 16, 2007
Glasgow
Yes,they do as standard.

(...and it works a lot better than the suspension on the M140i you will be pleased to know!)
Thank you.

As much as the adaptive in the 140 is good, there is always room for improvement. Are you talking from experience and going from a 140 to the Cupra?

Oldbutswift

Mar 23, 2016
Thank you.

As much as the adaptive in the 140 is good, there is always room for improvement. Are you talking from experience and going from a 140 to the Cupra?

Yes,I had the adaptive on the 140 but to me the comfort was sloppy and underdamped and the sport was too hard but still underdamped.
The two settings on the Cupra do their jobs much better IMO.

Reactions: rodger

Diggler

Feb 9, 2019
UK
Got an email from my dealer this morning, Car is built and in Transit!!
Phoned Seat yesterday and they had no update. Both of our cars are identical so should have been on the same production line surely. Did they give you any details of what ship it was on?

st300

Apr 5, 2019
Phoned Seat yesterday and they had no update. Both of our cars are identical so should have been on the same production line surely. Did they give you any details of what ship it was on?
No, dealer sent me a screen shot of my order with vin number and confirmation of build completion.
No idea where it is, probably sat at Bar port waiting for Pegasus ace. I do know it's being delivered to Grimsby.

Will probably ring seat on Thursday to get a progess update.

Mar 14, 2019
Seat UK CS emailed me this week to confirm that my ST is in transit to a an EU departure port , but could not yet sat the name of the ship.

Diggler

Feb 9, 2019
UK
Seat UK CS emailed me this week to confirm that my ST is in transit to a an EU departure port , but could not yet sat the name of the ship.
Pegasus Ace is due at Sheerness on 12th. Looking at the normal route it then goes onto Tyne 3 days later then can head straight back to BCN via Amsterdam on the way back. I don't believe it will land back at BCN until the end of the month.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.