Show me your refurbed 280 alloys

Joedj9

Aug 30, 2018
Hi everyone

I've got my wheels booked in to be refurbed at the end of the month and I'm struggling to pick a colour. I have the grey/diamond cut 280 alloys on my emocion red st. Just wondered if people could post some pics of these wheels in different colours to help me choose a colour for my own? I'm close to going for silver but don't want them to look too boring.

Thanks in advance!

Deleted member 103408

e35ade9cdf7f83c48cbd0225289c0e59.jpg

I bought a set of second hand powder coated wheels

index.php

Reactions: Joedj9

SRGTD

May 26, 2014
I’d go for a painted / powder coated finish in either an anthracite grey or a black chrome. Post #18 in the thread at the link below shows alloys finished in black chrome on a white Leon;

https://forums.seatcupra.net/index.php?threads/different-colour-alloys.439784/#post-4743226

Anthracite or black chrome will go well with most colour cars IMO, and a painted / powder coated finish is much more durable and Long lasting than a diamond cut finish.

Edit; there’s also a picture the whole of @theoldboy ’s car in the same thread; post #16

Joedj9

Aug 30, 2018
I’d go for a painted / powder coated finish in either an anthracite grey or a black chrome. Post #18 in the thread at the link below shows alloys finished in black chrome on a white Leon;

https://forums.seatcupra.net/index.php?threads/different-colour-alloys.439784/#post-4743226

Anthracite or black chrome will go well with most colour cars IMO, and a painted / powder coated finish is much more durable and Long lasting than a diamond cut finish.

Edit; there’s also a picture the whole of @theoldboy ’s car in the same thread; post #16

Thanks mate! Been using the search function for a while but it never seems to bring anything useful ull but those two images do help. They do look ok in grey although I still think I prefer the standard finish. It's just a shame diamond cut gets ruined too easy.

SRGTD

May 26, 2014
Thanks mate! Been using the search function for a while but it never seems to bring anything useful ull but those two images do help. They do look ok in grey although I still think I prefer the standard finish. It's just a shame diamond cut gets ruined too easy.

I dislike diamond cut alloys with a passion. IMO the diamond cut finish is just too fragile and flaky for wheels on a car that’s used as a daily driver, especially in the winter. They may have a ‘bling’ appeal in the showroom for some, but not me;
  • They’re expensive to get refurbished with a diamond cut finish again, which is unlikely to last more than a couple of years before white worm corrosion has set in again.
  • Susceptible to white worm corrosion; usually at around 2 - 2.5 years old.
  • There’s a limit to the number of times they can be refurbished - usually twice - because the refurb process entails recutting the face of the wheel. More than two refurbs and too much metal may be removed in the recutting process, which could compromise the structural integrity of the wheel.
  • The diamond cut finish is easily damaged by careless or untrained tyre fitters, or by poorly maintained tyre changing equipment.
Given the choice, I’d always go for alloys with a painted / powder coated finish.

KXL

KXL
Dec 15, 2016
London, UK
I would spray them either grey (gunmetal) or gloss black, goes well with Emotion Red, plus on Cupra isn't the grills black, and bottom diffuse, and vertical spoiler lips that colour anyway.
I use to have gloss black rims on my Seat (Ibiza), and in the event I scuff them, gloss black nail polish works a treat like touch up paint, and lasts a good 4-6 months before you can see where you applied them.

Benjiman

Sep 20, 2014
Bristol
Bmw Anthracite on mine. Going in for refurb week after next - lambo bronze (gloss or satin) next!

Attachments

• IMG_20190710_165823.jpg
    IMG_20190710_165823.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 223

deanholmes194

Dec 8, 2014
I ditched the diamond cut after countless problems and went for anthracite.

a30341ed1b39e5af6310d6e7e6c9a515.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Joedj9

Aug 30, 2018
Bmw Anthracite on mine. Going in for refurb week after next - lambo bronze (gloss or satin) next!
See that's what I'm after! That's spot on mate. Grey looks good with the red. Be interested to see some pics of the bronze when it's done. My mate keeps saying bronze for mine but its probs a bit too daring for me :roflmao:

CupraGeezer

May 11, 2018
I too agree with comments on diamond cutting by @SRGTD and @theoldboy although it seems OK on my wife's A-class as that has 55-profile tyres.

Mine go in next month to be powder coated in BMW Anthracite. Didn't want to go too dark as the car is black and didn't want to go too light as I wanted some stain resistance.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise