Ibiza - road sign recognition

May 21, 2019
Hello, while driving today in Belgium, not my home base, I scrolled the menu and there was a road traffic recognition. Didnt have anything, like " no road sign recognized". Once I parked in Luxembourg and restarted the engine to continue the option was gone.

Do Ibizas have traffic road sign recons? The rear mirror does seem to have an "eye" similar to the ateca but I guess it is a photo sensor for light, dimming off the mirror and wipers.

Reactions: Bob.from.accounts.

at0ny

Sep 3, 2018
Holland
Road sign can also be a option from navigation. But cars with module A5(front cam/radar) at bumper also is posible to activate road sign. This can be coded.

Camera under mirror is normal module 13(car distance registration) of depends configuration of the car. Mostly used for ACC with radar

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G965F met Tapatalk

Last edited:

at0ny

Sep 3, 2018
Holland
If the car has the front cam/radar module A5 this can me done with vcds.

In module A5 traffic sign recognition (vze) can be coded. Also in module 5F media system road sign indentification. And last instrument cluster for trafic sign recognnition

May 21, 2019
Ok I will be honest, I didnt get anything, sorry. To spare your time, since it is possible, is there anyone who does this, like a shop, as a service?
Thank you very much!

at0ny

Sep 3, 2018
Holland
Dont know here on the forum but maybe there is someone with vcds who can do this.

vc-10

Mar 29, 2016
The Ibiza doesn't have any option for a front camera. Any road signs displayed on an Ibiza are using navigation data, not by reading them!

I don't know if it would be possible to retrofit it- I've seen a post online where someone retrofitted it to a Golf 7, but of course that car has the factory option for it.

at0ny

Sep 3, 2018
Holland
The Ibiza doesn't have any option for a front camera. Any road signs displayed on an Ibiza are using navigation data, not by reading them!

I don't know if it would be possible to retrofit it- I've seen a post online where someone retrofitted it to a Golf 7, but of course that car has the factory option for it.
The car need to have module A5. If the car hase a module 13 car distance registration module it dont work. You always need to code module 5F media system for roadsign recognition, so it Also show on the nav

Coded it yesterday on a Leon 5F. 2 days ago on a mk7 (with lane assist also)

vc-10

Mar 29, 2016
My car, with factory navigation and the digital dash, has the GPS based speed limit display. I'd presume all Ibizas with navigation would have it.

The camera hardware though for lane assist etc isn't available on the Ibiza.

at0ny

Sep 3, 2018
Holland
Road sign recognition can be coded on al cars with gps(nav) its depents on systeem for activation in dash. Then the right hardware is needed like the module A5. (With this module jou can code lane assist and also high beam assist.

But some cars the camera is configured as A5 or car distance registration module (for ACC)

Example golf mk7 coded lane assist with traffic sign recognition. On discovery media(no nav, no gps) car has the module A5 front cam/radar)

vc-10

Mar 29, 2016
My point is, the camera module does not exist for the Ibiza and Arona! ACC uses the radar module primarily, and, if fitted, the camera, but the camera is a secondary thing and it just improves the accuracy of the system. It also improves the effectiveness of the Front Assist- I can't remember the details but I know that the maximum rate of deceleration is increased if a camera is present.

There are two types of traffic sign alert- one, which I have, is just the speed limits and is coded into the navigation data. The other uses that data and info from the camera, and it displays temporary speed limits, no overtaking signs etc.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise