leon cupra beats system

Jul 12, 2019
hello
i just received my new leon cupra copper 2019 with beats sound system. i have a question, when i am entering the sound setup volume i can choose the volume for aux and bluetooth. when i am playing music via iphone and the bluetooth volume is quiet it works ok. when i am changing the bluetooth volume to medium or high it making distortions even on low volume( like the speakers burnt out). i can leave it on quiet but i have to go more than half of the volume to hear something. its my second cupra, the previous had seat sound system and when i changed the bluetooth volume to medium or even high i didnt had this distortion. can anyone please help?
thank you

dmpx

Mar 23, 2019
Is the volume on your iPhone at max? I had issues before with quiet music and having to turn it up full.

Then realised my iPhones volume was super low which was causing the issues.

Reactions: LouG
Jul 12, 2019
yes my volume is on full on my iphone but even when i playing music via bluetooth on low music on my system its giving me strange noises. i have to configure the output of the bluetooth of the volume on sound setting only in quite. medium or high is super distorted. dont know if its the bluetooth module problem or the beats sound system problem. i didnt have this problem on my 280 cupra which had seat sound system

KXL

KXL
Dec 15, 2016
London, UK
Which of the two did you prefer when they are playing the music correctly (sans distortion). The SSS or the Beats? Do you could not notice any difference, and suspect it's just rebadged as Beats?

Jul 12, 2019
to be honest it’s difficult to say. beats system is more powerful and the sub is more powerful than the seat sound system. from the other hand i remember that the seat sound system had a clearer sound especially on the high tones. beats is more difficult to adjust properly and i am still getting use to it

Copra68

Jun 10, 2013
Which of the two did you prefer when they are playing the music correctly (sans distortion). The SSS or the Beats? Do you could not notice any difference, and suspect it's just rebadged as Beats?
It's not rebadged, tail end of last year someone got all the part numbers. The speakers are from various audi's, the sub is more powerful and has its own external amp under the passenger seat.

May 3, 2019
hello
i just received my new leon cupra copper 2019 with beats sound system. i have a question, when i am entering the sound setup volume i can choose the volume for aux and bluetooth. when i am playing music via iphone and the bluetooth volume is quiet it works ok. when i am changing the bluetooth volume to medium or high it making distortions even on low volume( like the speakers burnt out). i can leave it on quiet but i have to go more than half of the volume to hear something. its my second cupra, the previous had seat sound system and when i changed the bluetooth volume to medium or even high i didnt had this distortion. can anyone please help?
thank you

I was told the Beats system wasn't an option any more on my 2019 Cupra Lux, you could only have standard.

Copra68

Jun 10, 2013
I was told the Beats system wasn't an option any more on my 2019 Cupra Lux, you could only have standard.
It's not an option. It wasn't available in the UK the only cars that have it are people who ordered seat sound last year before seat sound was discontinued and received beats instead which is what other European countries get.

Reactions: 9vienna9

KXL

KXL
Dec 15, 2016
London, UK
The speakers are from various audi's, the sub is more powerful and has its own external amp under the passenger seat.
Did the SSS not have an external amp as well? I recall the standad 8 speaker had 4x20watt power from headunit, but the SSS had 6 channel 135 watt amp, eg...for extra centre and extra sub?

Walone

Feb 10, 2016
Near Heathrow
Did the SSS not have an external amp as well? I recall the standad 8 speaker had 4x20watt power from headunit, but the SSS had 6 channel 135 watt amp, eg...for extra centre and extra sub?
No extra amp, the Mib unit is configured differently so that is has the standard 8 speakers driven by the 8 pin (pos and negs) connector and it uses 4 other pins for the centre speaker and the sub.