The “where the bleeding hell is my Cupra ST I ordered months ago” thread

st300

Apr 5, 2019
Seat UK CS emailed me this week to confirm that my ST is in transit to a an EU departure port , but could not yet sat the name of the ship.
Seat CS saying same to me, in transit and no more detail than that.
Anyone know if all vehicles are transported on the Pegasus ace or are there alternatives vessels used?

Pferdestarke

Jun 9, 2019
Anyone know if all vehicles are transported on the Pegasus ace or are there alternatives vessels used?

Do they offer collection from the factory? I guess not, but that would be a memorable journey.

st300

Apr 5, 2019
Do they offer collection from the factory? I guess not, but that would be a memorable journey.
It would be awesome! Which route would you take? Across the Pyrenees? or I could be tempted to do a slight detour to Monaco up.

seatgraham

Feb 14, 2012
Not sure, I did read an old post suggesting SEAT used 3 different ships. Not sure if that is still the case.
I emailed CS a few minutes ago, asking for an update on my order.

Marko70

Jul 6, 2019
picking up my new from stock Cupra R in blackness grey tomorrow, they fitted the ABT today, it has pano roof, very excited! I was lucky to find this at my local Cupra dealer, I only popped in for a nosey around..

Mark.

Reactions: st300
Mar 14, 2019
Pegasus Ace is due at Sheerness on 12th. Looking at the normal route it then goes onto Tyne 3 days later then can head straight back to BCN via Amsterdam on the way back. I don't believe it will land back at BCN until the end of the month.
Thanks for that information. I live about 20 minutes from Grimsby, and think Pegasus Ace will dock there as well before going onto Tyne, and as the dealership is located in West Midlands, think car may be offloaded at Grimsby rather than Sheerness.Seat UK CS may confirm this to me next Monday.

seatgraham

Feb 14, 2012
Do you know what the difference is from the MY19 to the MY20 build is? Am looking at purchasing one myself and want to know the difference.
Not much.
The new brochure is now online.
But I think it’s safety pack is now included.
And colour changes. Some added some removed.
On cupra lux leather seats are replaced with heated alcantara buckets and I think it’s not the full winter pack now.

Betts-4

Jul 11, 2019
Do you know what the difference is from the MY19 to the MY20 build is? Am looking at purchasing one myself and want to know the difference.

I just ordered Cupra my20 not the ST and the difference I was told is

Cupra

• Cupra 19” machined alloy wheels
  • Cupra drive profile
  • Convenience pack
  • Sports seats in microsuede (previously name Alcantara)
Cupra LUX

• Heated Bucket seats in Microsuede
  • Adaptive cruise control (ACC)
  • Keyless entry and wireless phone charging
  • Safety pack ( tiredness recognition system)
I have been told it will be ready end Sept/early Oct

Mar 14, 2019
Hello, from memory the MY19 build (LUX) spec comes with leather sports seats and driver only electric seat whereas MY20 has the alcantara or microsuede type seats and no electric seat for driver - may be other differences not sure without looking at MY19 spec , last week Seat UK C Sservices sent me a copy of the MY19 spec that I ordered,but as I am not savvy using blogs, may not be able to send you a pdf copy, but I will try, failing that I can email a copy to you - let me know

Attachments

• leon-pricelist-february-2019.pdf
    2 MB · Views: 96

st300

Apr 5, 2019
Not sure, I did read an old post suggesting SEAT used 3 different ships. Not sure if that is still the case.
I emailed CS a few minutes ago, asking for an update on my order.
So it looks like Pegasus ace takes about 21 days to do a loop, so it would next be expected into Sheerness on roughly the 2nd Aug then you have transportation from port to dealer etc.

With the timeline given by Seat CS and my dealer the cars either are currently on Pegasus ace or they will be transited on another boat.
The other situation which I hope isn't the case is end of July is unrealistic and it will be mid August before cars arrive at dealers.

Hopefully you get a better idea from your email....

Diggler

Feb 9, 2019
UK
So it looks like Pegasus ace takes about 21 days to do a loop, so it would next be expected into Sheerness on roughly the 2nd Aug then you have transportation from port to dealer etc.

With the timeline given by Seat CS and my dealer the cars either are currently on Pegasus ace or they will be transited on another boat.
The other situation which I hope isn't the case is end of July is unrealistic and it will be mid August before cars arrive at dealers.

I think they will arrive to the Dealers mid August given all of the various things I have seen. The Pegasus Ace did a different route to the UK this time. It usually goes somewhere else on the way back to BCN but it might not this time. I expect it back to BCN by the end of July. I know my car was only being built last week and the boat left on Tuesday it is very unlikely it was on it.

seatgraham

Feb 14, 2012

No movement - my order is still showing status code 30. It's waiting to be transported to the port.
No further movements yet and awaiting the order vehicle to be assigned to a ship.

Mar 14, 2019
looks like mine will be the same then as production week w/c 1st July, no definitive answer yesterday other than in transit with no confirmation of allocation to a ship, and it appears that the Comet Ace is on its way to Barcelona presumably to collect vehicles produced during early July ?. As its an outright purchase, better for me to accept vehicle for new 69 registration in September, so the later it arrives to UK in August is fine for me.However, broker/dealership threw a spanner in the works yesterday to say because of RDE testing/emissions, it must be registered by 31st August - checked with Seat UK CS about this, and for an update and they said RDE testing does not apply to my vehicle .Anybody else heard about this Real World Driving Emissions ?.Seems to me dealer is just pushing for an earlier completion and payout , and as the ball is back in their court await the broker/dealer reply.

Reactions: seatgraham

st300

Apr 5, 2019
looks like mine will be the same then as production week w/c 1st July, no definitive answer yesterday other than in transit with no confirmation of allocation to a ship, and it appears that the Comet Ace is on its way to Barcelona presumably to collect vehicles produced during early July ?. As its an outright purchase, better for me to accept vehicle for new 69 registration in September, so the later it arrives to UK in August is fine for me.However, broker/dealership threw a spanner in the works yesterday to say because of RDE testing/emissions, it must be registered by 31st August - checked with Seat UK CS about this, and for an update and they said RDE testing does not apply to my vehicle .Anybody else heard about this Real World Driving Emissions ?.Seems to me dealer is just pushing for an earlier completion and payout , and as the ball is back in their court await the broker/dealer reply.

I think you are on the mark with the comet ace, would mean vehicles arriving at dealers in the expected time scales I've been told.

I think MY20 vehicles may have to comply but MY19 may not, so dealer may not be talking complete BS.

https://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/industry/new-uk-real-world-emissions-tests-start-today

https://www.clm.co.uk/real-driving-emissions-step-2-rde2-standards/

seatgraham

Feb 14, 2012

I believe RDE testing only applies to diesel vehicles. Not sure if other tests are needed.
Comet Ace seems to be due in Barcelona on 14 July at 09:05.
That's promising for me getting the car - possibly - by end of July... or is that wishful thinking! :blink:

Kirky

Copper Cupra Advocate
Apr 10, 2019

Leather sports interior with electric drivers seat changed to manual buckets in artificial suede.
Winter pack removed but heated seats remain so it loses the heated water reservoir, headlight washers and heated spray nozzles.
Safety pack added which was part of the drivers assisyance pack. Only seatbelt warning for rear seats and tiredness monitor in this pack.

Mikertroid

May 31, 2019
Looks like my cupra ST lux in Mag Grey will be arriving in October. Very excited.

Not fussed about the electric seat adjustment or heated washers. All add weight and from previous experience headlight washers empty water tanks very quickly!

I notice the 300/4drive is rated for 750kgs towing. Anyone know anything about this?

Just hope my current car soldiers on until then!

Last edited:

Betts-4

Jul 11, 2019
Looks like my cupra ST lux in Mag Grey will be arriving in October. Very excited.

Not fussed about the electric seat adjustment or heated washers. All add weight and from previous experience headlight washers empty water tanks very quickly!

I notice the 300/4drive is rated for 750kgs towing. Anyone know anything about this?

Just hope my current car soldiers on until then!
When did you order out of interest ?

Mine is due October to and ordered 6th July