The ultimate front splitter thread

robby71

Sep 3, 2005
Yorkshire, UK

robby71

Sep 3, 2005
Yorkshire, UK
No bumper removal required.

Splitter has 22 pre drilled holes in it. Hold Splitter up to car and 4 will align with 4 self tappers already on the car (these go through overlapping panels so need to go back through them when you reinsert self tappers). Remove these 4 and hold splitter up and reinstate the 4. Splitter is fitted in position. Using a 3mm drill bit and the 18 pre drilled holes left, drill pilot holes. Then using supplied self tappers fit the last 18 and stand back and admire your work.

You can use silicon between Splitter and car to aid it staying in place and to keep water out.

Hi
My Rieger splitter arrived today ready for fitting this weekend. Did you use the 6 spring clips supplied and if so could you get behind the bumper to fit them with it on the car? Did you use silicone and if so did you use it all the way around the top?

Norbert

Oct 16, 2018
I fitted around 4 clips.no way to get under radiator without remove bumper.
Had no problem over 100 too.
Used a bit silicon between bumper and splitter to stop water and dirt build up inside.

Reactions: robby71

Maypack

Ambassador for Cumberland Sausage
Apr 20, 2014
Gods Country - West Cumbria
Hi
My Rieger splitter arrived today ready for fitting this weekend. Did you use the 6 spring clips supplied and if so could you get behind the bumper to fit them with it on the car? Did you use silicone and if so did you use it all the way around the top?

I used about 4 as already said with the bumper on the car. Mind you I had the advantage of my nieces bf having a garage with a car ramp so was easy to get underneath.

I did use silicon and followed the full length of the splitter to help seal it from dirt and water trapping.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: robby71

robby71

Sep 3, 2005
Yorkshire, UK
I used about 4 as already said with the bumper on the car. Mind you I had the advantage of my nieces bf having a garage with a car ramp so was easy to get underneath.

I did use silicon and followed the full length of the splitter to help seal it from dirt and water trapping.

Thanks
Silicon as in tigerseal/ stikaflex or general household?

Norbert

Oct 16, 2018
Blades arrived missing small cover parts:censored:
Anyone can help with part number end of the blade cover?
Thanks

robby71

Sep 3, 2005
Yorkshire, UK
Fitted Rieger front splitter today, managed to get6 tabs on the back of the screws (with bumper on) - easier if you remove the screws in the front wheel arch liner so you can see the top of the bumper :)

TLNT6am.jpg

BenH1993

Jul 12, 2019
Installed mine yesterday, only used self tapping screws to hold on... do we think it will last or should it tape it up as well?

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Jaco2k

AWD FTW
Mar 11, 2018
Tampere, Finland
www.youtube.com
Installed mine yesterday, only used self tapping screws to hold on... do we think it will last or should it tape it up as well?

I installed mine in the same way - I could do pull-ups hanging from the splitter, so it is fair to say it would take some serious effort for it to come loose.
Mine has been in for over half an year and still feels just as tight (I checked yesterday).

BenH1993

Jul 12, 2019
Did you use any of the spring washers behind? mine feels solid with fitting several of them
No pal I used the hex head self tapers which have the rubber washer pre installed on them like the ones in the picture
bbc1a994ba6a9077efd7c32905ee32f9.jpg

Maypack

Ambassador for Cumberland Sausage
Apr 20, 2014
Gods Country - West Cumbria
I installed mine in the same way - I could do pull-ups hanging from the splitter, so it is fair to say it would take some serious effort for it to come loose.
Mine has been in for over half an year and still feels just as tight (I checked yesterday).

Same here

TimT

Jul 18, 2019
This front splitter thread has been immensely useful in planning for the upcoming Mk3.5 300 but I am wondering, does anyone have full before & after pictures of their cars, not only with the front splitter changed but also perhaps the side skirts and rear spoiler? Thinking of going for a pretty agressive look with lowering springs after winter season aswell. Trying to get more inspiration :)

Last edited:

TimT

Jul 18, 2019
Looks pretty badass!
Whats the difference in material between ABS plastic and fiberglass when it comes to these sort of pieces? Saw TRC ones look cool but their made of fiberglass and seem to be at a cheaper price compared to Maxton that is ABS Plastic

robby71

Sep 3, 2005
Yorkshire, UK
I had a TRC splitter on my old Fiesta, perfect fit and looked great - managed to catch it a couple of times at the Ford dealers (awkward slope) but it didn't crack.
The Leon splitter is Rieger - not sure what it's made from but it isn't low enough to catch
I think ABS is more flexible so wont crack as easy as fiberglass which is a cheap material

TRC on Fiesta

Svtii1m.jpg

Reactions: louiskopite