DOLBY's LCR...AKS Tuning Forged 14/07/2013.

mrwookie

Big Daddy...
Mar 22, 2008
Cambs & Herts
Hey Brett how are doing? Did you ever sell up? I know the feeling as the amount of times I have said I was going to sell up and my LCR is still with me .......its ones of those things I just couldn't bring myself to do....LOL!

DOLBY

Jun 24, 2006
North of London
www.facebook.com
Wow, so i havent updated this thread in 2 years!! Excuse the long post but my love affair for this car over 10 years has been a huge challenge. I didnt as it happens, get rid of the car. I just couldn't bear to do it. I had offers for it from all over the place too.

Lots of blood, sweat and tears over 10 years and if i was to sell it, what would that show for all them years? Also i need a guide of what NOT to do for future cars.

So yes, i was in and out of love with the car and due to work i did some mega miles in the car in 2015...19000 to be exact!! Its now currently on 88k.
Its fair to say i had let the car go. Here is a breakdown of things wrong with the car, the things i've recently changed on the car, and the plans for the future.

Whats wrong with the car (as of late 2015).
Damaged front splitter.
Front & Rear bumper scuffs.
Wheels badly kerbed.
Nearside rear door small dent & peeling paint.
Scuttle panel damage.
All chrome pitted.
Engine cover removed and damaged...now binned.
HIDs stopped working.
Headlights badly yellowed.
Battery died (only time it broke down in 10 years).
Alternator belt failed.
Sticking rear calliper.
Door seals getting much worse.
Drivers and rear doors wouldnt lock.

Things now replaced/changed.
Full service including Cambelt & Waterpump.
Engine bay fully Detailed.
Sticking rear Calliper replaced.
New battery, Alternator belt & engine cover.
New door seals and deadlocking fixed.
New splitter & Scuttle panel.
Wheels refurbished & Full allignment.
LED Interior lighting throughout with numberplate LEDs.
New retrimmed Nappa leather steering wheel.
New BMC Twincone air filter.
Headlights reconditioned.
New wiper bladeds front/rear.
Exhaust rattle fixed.

Things left to do.
New clutch & DMF.
Polished Inlet Manifold and Throttle Body (about to order).
New HIDs.
Some sort of 75% respray if possible.

Sorry no pictures as of yet as i havent had time but i just feel i could never let the car go for silly money so i may aswell try and do her up to a standard befitting her. Will never be like before but she a completely different beast to the car i currently drive (BMW E60 Msport) and i enjoy the fact i have a frugal Diesel for the daily jaunts and a fun little rocket for the weekends/days off etc.

DOLBY

Jun 24, 2006
North of London
www.facebook.com
Thought once again I should update this thread.

So I have had the car now nigh on 13 years. In the last couple if years she really began to be a work horse and the love definitely went for it.

I began back in 2015 (see above) to start rectifying it and tbh I'm still doing it. Not going to tell you how much I have spent in the last 2 months but it's a lot trust me.

So as it's now a second car, I really haven't got the heart to sell it. I run a BMW 5 SERIES now as a daily so I want to get the Leon back to how I wanted it to originally be from the beginning.

2 months ago I started replacing bits that were defo on my list to do for years:

• Devils Own WMI.
• Bosch 550cc Injectors
• New headlights and bulbs (bin HIDS)
• 2 Nearside windows replaced.
• Deep pile carpets inside and boot.
• New Cobra Decat and Cat back.
• Audi R8 Alcantara steering wheel.
• Rotinger rear brakes/Brembo pads.
• Godspeed 330mm 2 piece fronts.
• 20mm rear and 15mm front spacers .
• Brembos painted by BCS Automotive.
• Bosch coilpacks X 4
• Bosch oil filter.
• Bosch fuel filter.
• Bosch MAF.
• 5W 40 Fully synthetic oil.
• New battery.
• Cambelt kit.
• ECS Carbon fibre engine cover.
• Creation Motorsport PCV Upgrade
• Creation Motorsport N75 & DV piping.
• Creation Motorsport Carbon canister pipes
• Creation Motorsport Servo pipe .
• Creation Motorsport coolant cap .
• Porsche oil cap.

The car went over to a reputable company in Hinckley for a fresh stage 2 map. I had Revo 2 for years and it didn't feel particularly fast anymore. They put it on the rollers (was too low) and because it was too low they could only put a base map on due to wheel spin and my PCV leaking.

Wasn't bad it made 309 bhp on K04 turbo. The torque was dialed back until I raised the suspension to get a map tweak.

So yes, am.throwing a bit of money at it atm which is worrying a lot of ppl but i still love the car so why not.

DOLBY

Jun 24, 2006
North of London
www.facebook.com
Got my new steering wheel fitted today. What does everyone think? OEM+ and then some...
IMG_20190719_085608.jpg
IMG_20190719_085608.jpg
IMG_20190719_085536.jpg
IMG_20190719_085546.jpg
IMG_20190719_085608.jpg
IMG_20190719_085546.jpg

DOLBY

Jun 24, 2006
North of London
www.facebook.com
So as I said before a lot of my money recently has been spent on trying to get the car back to a reasonable state. It's 14 years old now and tbh the last few years the car has been a work horse. A few things I have ordered from ECS Tuning (still in USA I think) then they'll go on car.
Screenshot_20190719-123510__01.jpg
Screenshot_20190719-123546__01.jpg
Screenshot_20190719-123607__01.jpg

Deleted member 103408

Just come across your build, Love the new wheel and the dials on the side, do you remember what pods you used for these.

Reactions: DOLBY

DOLBY

Jun 24, 2006
North of London
www.facebook.com
Screenshot_20190719-123801__01.jpg
Then my front headlights needed changing due to the yellowing effect (which was temporary fixed but went back to normal). And also I had scratches on Windows so 2 new ones fitted. They were awful...an old work colleague stuck labels on my car which be couldn't remove!!!

bruceR

Apr 11, 2005
Monifieth, Dundee
Lastly I have ordered these bad boys which are still actually on their way.

• VBT VagBremTechnic 330mm X 28mm semi floating front.

• ECS Tuning 306mm X 22mm semi floating.. View attachment 8643 View attachment 8644

Hi mate, what happens when you need to replace these, do you change the whole lot including the bell or just the outer rotor??? and would they need balanced??

Cracking car by the way

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DOLBY

Jun 24, 2006
North of London
www.facebook.com
Hi mate, what happens when you need to replace these, do you change the whole lot including the bell or just the outer rotor??? and would they need balanced??

Cracking car by the way

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hi mate
Thanks for the compliment.

It's a strange time I'm having. I ordered the 330mm 2 piece discs and fully happy with that purchase, then I got a call from VagBremTechnic saying there's a delay getting the parts and would I be interested in the 343mm upgrade for a discounted price? It was quite a discount so I'm going for the upgrade.

As far as I know it's just the rotors and bolts and anti rattle bolts that need changing.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.