Exeo or no exeo

Bwood44

Feb 9, 2015
Hey all just looking some advice thinking of changing my Leon for an 2013 exeo estate tdi but reading some bad things about water leaking into foot wells and collecting in battery box etc. is this a fault on all exeos? And just general opinions on weather they are a good wagon or worth avoiding. Cheers any advice appreciated :cheers:

Bwood44

Feb 9, 2015
Cheers mat have a good history with seats apart from water leak problems. Appreciate the reply

Dark Andrew

Jan 25, 2011
Also, if possible, try to get one that hasn't had the emissions fix software update - there's a whole Face Book group dedicated to people who've had this fix done and claim to have had significant problems as a result.

Bwood44

Feb 9, 2015
I was worried about that would you have any idea how to find a vin number from a reg. ref is df62 gkc Cheers

MATT RILEY

Oil burner
May 9, 2004
On the other hand mine had the emissions fix 3 years ago and has never had a problem, I'm sure there are people who have but there are two sides to every coin. The chassis is tryed and tested and the power train is good. Would probably give a wide berth to a high mile multitronic with no history though!

Bwood44

Feb 9, 2015
Yeah suppose it’s the risk u take but think I’d prefer it doesn’t have it can’t get the vin to check. Mate in work has a golf had it done and it regens like crazy can’t get it sorted tho his touran has it with no issues. It’s 2.0 tries manual estate 70k seems a good motor.

Bwood44

Feb 9, 2015
So the car has had the fix done to it. Think I’ll give it a miss too much of a risk to take

chriswales6

Mar 2, 2016
I was also looking at the Exeo to replace my 2003 Leon. Then the emissions thing hit and put a big unknown in my mind. Thankfully my Leon is still going so didn't replace it in the end.

As above the water under the battery is common but is an easy fix if you catch it early and you're best avoiding the CVT.

Most of the parts are shared with the older Audi A4 and easy enough to source. Body panels on the other hand aren't since not many were sold so even a small amount of damage could write off the car.

Given the price now they're certainly worth a look, although the emissions fix would always be bothering me.

Reactions: Jpbroad1970

Bwood44

Feb 9, 2015
The car had the fix in 2016 and in the 3 years no faults apparently so still considering I think. What’s the cvt?

Bwood44

Feb 9, 2015
Ah deadon would be a manual car not a fan of autos. Fix is the only thing putting me off lol

chriswales6

Mar 2, 2016
The oil cooler for the auto gearbox is inside the radiator and they often start leaking.
Mixing engine coolant in the gearbox, you then need a new gearbox.

MATT RILEY

Oil burner
May 9, 2004
Get a long 2ft thin bar, put steering on rh lock and follow the track rod on the NSF to under the battery from the wheel arch on the NSF. You will see a rubber bung hanging down about 2 cm long, gently push this out. Done, no more water leaks.

Reactions: Pbsky72

Pbsky72

Jul 23, 2019
Get a long 2ft thin bar, put steering on rh lock and follow the track rod on the NSF to under the battery from the wheel arch on the NSF. You will see a rubber bung hanging down about 2 cm long, gently push this out. Done, no more water leaks.
Fantastic I will give that a go much appreciated

Nollywood

Aug 27, 2018
Everywhere
I reached under the plenum by hand, on the near side, and simply pulled it out.

I’m going to try the same on the offside.

the stripler

Fighter pilot on Rails
Apr 8, 2014
Lanark, Scotland
Hi
How did you manage to reach under the battery to get to the bung in plenum chamber ?

Gonna be sorting this out today, but i understood it was a battery out job?

Jan 17, 2023
Glad I could help, I have removed the battery from 2 Passats and 1 Exeo, its no fun and if you just clear the leaf debris it comes back to bite you, even if you remove the round duckbill valve the hole can get blocked, I have had this happen, just make the biggest hole you can and the oval bung is the way to go.
Hi i did the same, i pushed the bung nr.20 out without getting the battery out. Works like a charm :)
The bungs nr.13 are the original ones for the water drain, but they are more inside located and not enaugh big to drain ewerithing witout getting blocked.
See the pic for Seat Exeo from ETKA 7
Thanx Caldi for the great advice.

1673970870712.png