Golf MK7 spare wheel kit?

robby71

Sep 3, 2005
Yorkshire, UK
Hi
I've seen a few spare wheel kits for sale saying they'll fit the Leon but want to be sure before ordering 1.
The foam holder which sits to the left of the spare wheel is smaller than the SEAT 1 but looks like it should fit.
Has anyone else fitted 1 of these to a Leon (hatch) and is it a perfect fit?

Thanks

robby71

Sep 3, 2005
Yorkshire, UK
Anyone?
Does anyone have any photos of a 18" spare wheel + kit fitted in their boot so i know which to look for (facelift model if it makes a difference)?
Some show the tool kit on the left but a lot of ads show the toolkit in the middle of the wheel, don't want to order the wrong one

sweetfr

Misty
Nov 24, 2007
Co Durham
When I got my new 190 fr in January part of the deal was that I swop the 18" spare wheel & kit from my 2013 184 fr for the repair kit. It fits the new car the same way no probs. The tool kit is on the left of the wheel as you look into the boot.

robby71

Sep 3, 2005
Yorkshire, UK
Not my car but this is what it looks like https://images.app.goo.gl/azptjdP1rq2tre7E8

Thanks - some ebay sellers (main dealers) are listing the same ones where the toolkit is "longer" but there are a lot listed for the MK7 Golf which is similar but the toolkit is in 2 halves (top and bottom) so doesn't go as far around the wheel if that makes sense?
I think i'll risk the Golf kit as these are around £70 cheaper.

Also to mention, some Golf wheel wells have a carper on the boot floor, probably for sound deadening? can't remember what my old 2016 FR had in the well :(

Yern

Apr 25, 2019
Photo of my spare wheel kit fitted at delivery . Note the foam insert is secured (at 12 o'clock and 7 o'clock).
20190723_173625.jpg

robby71

Sep 3, 2005
Yorkshire, UK
Photo of my spare wheel kit fitted at delivery . Note the foam insert is secured (at 12 o'clock and 7 o'clock).
View attachment 8756

Thanks - just had a Golf MK7 spare wheel + toolkit delivered today, fits nicely in the boot but the toolkit doesn't fasten down - no problem really as the carpet covers it and it's a tight fit with part under the plastic panel so wont go anywhere :)

Reactions: Yern
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members