Unknown bracket location

Jul 28, 2019
28995CD7-E8B9-4E6A-B514-42FB66F02D20.jpeg
I found this bracket laying at the bottom of the windscreen near to where the wiper connects to the car, just under the lip on the bonnet.

I recently had the cam belt replaced along with the water pump during a service. I imagine it’s from that occasion and it was either replaced with new or accidentally missed.

Does anyone know where it should be fitted so I can check?

Photo attached (hopefully)

The car is a 2013 Seat Leon FR 2.0 TDI.

Thanks!

SRGTD

May 26, 2014
From the orientation of the mystery part in the picture, it looks like the bottom section clips together to leave two circular holes. I’d guess that it’s some form of clip to hold a couple of rubber hoses in a specific location / position.

Jul 28, 2019
From the orientation of the mystery part in the picture, it looks like the bottom section clips together to leave two circular holes. I’d guess that it’s some form of clip to hold a couple of rubber hoses in a specific location / position.

Yes, it clips together and it seems to stay closed well so doesn’t seem to be broken but it’s the location of it’s use that is puzzling me. On brief inspection of the hoses I’m unsure.

Also, the circular holes are slightly different sizes.

Deleted member 103408

Just found this, different part number but seems to be the same sort of setup.

Item number 9 - description is Dual Clip

Screenshot 2019-07-28 at 17.00.11.png

Reactions: MickJ

Butty

Sep 7, 2018
Hard to work out what size hoses it fits to, but if it is a reservoir hose bracket then perhaps it retains hoses coming out of the screenwash tank?

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.