MK2/MK3 Leon Gas Bonnet Struts

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
PLEASE NOTE - I/FORUM AM/IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANYTHING THAT MAY GO WRONG THROUGH PURCHASING USING ANY OPTION BELOW, YOU AGREE THAT YOU MAKE THIS CHOICE YOURSELF AND IS NO WAY ASSOCIATED TO THE FORUM IN ANYWAY.

Sponsor for this group buy is @Jimbobcook

I HAVE PREVIOUSLY ORDERED FROM THIS SELLER WITH NO ISSUES.

You have the following options

The MK2 and MK3 Leon kit should cost around £44 (updated 21/08 due to exchange rate) delivered (currency conversion dependent), delivery can be up to 2 weeks to the UK.

Option 1 - You can order from his website which is NOT secure (no https) but you pay with PayPal which is secure so it's only the information you give on the website that is not encrypted. I do not condone this option as I wouldn't do it myself so I won't post the website address (you can google them if you wish).

Option 2 - You contact him direct through email or Instagram (see below for contact info) and explain you're from this forum and you may want to mention the forum Instagram account that I contacted him through (seatcupradotnet) then give him the code seatclub to which he sends you a PayPal invoice for the amount including shipping (should be £39 ish) then you pay and he sends it out, this method is secure as it's all done through PayPal apart from the email to contact him.

Option 3
- You wait for his website to get SSL (https) so it's secure to order from his website (I will keep and eye on it)

Contact information -

His email is [email protected] and his name is Andrey if you want to use option 2.

The Instagram account is pneumatic_auto and you can contact through there if you wish.

Sample email to send him would be (if you want a sample that is lol)

Hi Andrey,

I am part of the SEATCupra.net forum and you recently spoke with one of our moderators through Instagram (seatcupradotnet), I would like to order a gas bonnet kit for a MK(insert here) Leon, I have been told it should be £39 with postage included using the code seatclub.

Could you confirm this for me so you can invoice my PayPal address which will follow after conformation.

Many thanks

Your Name

-----------------------------

Installation on the MK2 took about 10 minutes with pictures

Images from my MK2 Leon
index.php

index.php

index.php

Unizz

Jul 5, 2017
PLEASE NOTE - I/FORUM AM/IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANYTHING THAT MAY GO WRONG THROUGH PURCHASING USING ANY OPTION BELOW, YOU AGREE THAT YOU MAKE THIS CHOICE YOURSELF AND IS NO WAY ASSOCIATED TO THE FORUM IN ANYWAY.

Sponsor for this group buy is @Jimbobcook

I HAVE PREVIOUSLY ORDERED FROM THIS SELLER WITH NO ISSUES.

You have the following options

The MK2 and MK3 Leon kit should cost around £39 delivered (currency conversion dependent), delivery can be up to 2 weeks to the UK.

Option 1 - You can order from his website which is NOT secure (no https) but you pay with PayPal which is secure so it's only the information you give on the website that is not encrypted. I do not condone this option as I wouldn't do it myself so I won't post the website address (you can google them if you wish).

Option 2 - You contact him direct through email or Instagram (see below for contact info) and explain you're from this forum and you may want to mention the forum Instagram account that I contacted him through (seatcupradotnet) then give him the code seatclub to which he sends you a PayPal invoice for the amount including shipping (should be £39 ish) then you pay and he sends it out, this method is secure as it's all done through PayPal apart from the email to contact him.

Option 3
- You wait for his website to get SSL (https) so it's secure to order from his website (I will keep and eye on it)

Contact information -

His email is [email protected] and his name is Andrey if you want to use option 2.

The Instagram account is pneumatic_auto and you can contact through there if you wish.

Sample email to send him would be (if you want a sample that is lol)

Hi Andrey,

I am part of the SEATCupra.net forum and you recently spoke with one of our moderators through Instagram (seatcupradotnet), I would like to order a gas bonnet kit for a MK(insert here) Leon, I have been told it should be £39 with postage included using the code seatclub.

Could you confirm this for me so you can invoice my PayPal address which will follow after conformation.

Many thanks

Your Name

-----------------------------

Installation on the MK2 took about 10 minutes with pictures

Images from my MK2 Leon
index.php

index.php

index.php
Thanks for doing this
Legend

Sent from my ONE A2003 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Jimbobcook

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
Quick question, does this kit require any drilling on Mk3 face-lift? Or does it use existing holes.
I don't have a MK3 but from what i've seen all that needs to change is the rubber bit on the side... some have just crushed it for a flush fit and some have cut a hole out big enough for the strut. apart from that there is no drilling.

Reactions: JCB360

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
I wonder would this kit fit the Ateca ?
With regards to development of Gas struts for the Ateca he would need some photos like the ones in the link below and measurements then if it's deemed to fit the MK3 Leon then he will let me know if not he can start a new set for you...

I have the images they use on a ford so you can get a comparison shot etc... they are on my Google Drive here - https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1GJoeCjjGpQnsSt6FQrrhE1Xjh0ad1xIO?usp=sharing

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
There's only one way to find out... being the first is never fun though haha I get nothing from the group buy so if there is a cheaper/easier option i'm all ears haha Maybe even try it and if it doesn't feel great get the measurements from it and send it to our guy and see what he can make up... maybe get a free trial...

Reactions: vectra

vectra

Sep 3, 2011
There's only one way to find out... being the first is never fun though haha I get nothing from the group buy so if there is a cheaper/easier option i'm all ears haha Maybe even try it and if it doesn't feel great get the measurements from it and send it to our guy and see what he can make up... maybe get a free trial...

I like the sound of that LOL
I wonder if I forwarded that link to him?

kevster184

Mar 14, 2015
Thanks for doing this @Jimbobcook , got mine ordered for the Mk3 and delivered in a week! All fitted, really good kit, they wobble a bit at full extension (piston in to housing) but proably as good as I would buy separately and making my own kit.

Maypack

Ambassador for Cumberland Sausage
Apr 20, 2014
Gods Country - West Cumbria
Looking to get these myself. I’ve contacted the seller as detailed but won’t be getting them until after the Doncaster meet due to being away for a few weeks and not able to take delivery.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Deleted member 103408

Looking to get these myself. I’ve contacted the seller as detailed but won’t be getting them until after the Doncaster meet due to being away for a few weeks and not able to take delivery.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is that because you are getting the stage one upgrade done :)

Reactions: Maypack
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members