Best mpg out of your 95/115 hp

KXL

KXL
Dec 15, 2016
London, UK
My MPG varies between 45 for the short trips to 55 for the long trips. I think 50mph in 4th gear is optimal for getting the best MPG but I couldn't be bothered to prove it on a long trip.

On my previous 1.0 TSI Mk5 DSG, as I didn't have a choice which gear when in auto, it would do 50mph in 7th gear around 1700rpm. And instantaneous fuel consumption would be around the 70mpg +/- 5mpg mark.

pompeydave

Nov 30, 2017
MPG on the new hybrid Cupra models should be much better but they are still a year away.

And what would be the price tag ? Obviously going to be a cracking motor but with a hefty price to go with it.Doing 8k mikes a year cannot justify spending a fortune . Saying that electric cars are interesting to say the least and will prob opt for one in the future .

Reactions: Jonathan Bassett

camelspyyder

2 SEAT-er
Jun 26, 2014
On my previous 1.0 TSI Mk5 DSG, as I didn't have a choice which gear when in auto, it would do 50mph in 7th gear around 1700rpm. And instantaneous fuel consumption would be around the 70mpg +/- 5mpg mark.

On a downward incline and a trailing throttle the 1.2TSI showed instantaneous 200mpg. The lowest I ever saw was 6.9mpg accelerating quite gently uphill in 2nd gear.

Utterly meaningless - the real time mpg display. Pretty much the first thing I switch off after collecting a new car.

Jonathan Bassett

Oct 18, 2018
And what would be the price tag ? Obviously going to be a cracking motor but with a hefty price to go with it.Doing 8k mikes a year cannot justify spending a fortune . Saying that electric cars are interesting to say the least and will prob opt for one in the future .
I think I’ll go Tesla next. A model 3 long range or performance would be nice ;)

vc-10

Mar 29, 2016
Went and played with the Polestar 2 in the Trafford Centre the other day. It was beautiful. Absolutely gorgeous car. I want one!

Reactions: Jonathan Bassett
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members