New leon Mk2 owner

jonny87

Aug 2, 2019
Afternoon folks

I recently purchased myself a Mk2 Cupra K1.
Very happy with it and compared to my last car (peugeot 206) its a bullet train!!

I have owned a Mk1 Cupra in the past but circumstances changed forcing a premature sale :(
Since I was back in the market for a better car I went straight to looking at Leons.

Must be honest the interior really put me off even going to view one, they are a bit drab putting it mildly.
After a while of looking at other motors I decided nope, it had to be a Leon and if its going to be a Leon it might as well be the K1, just so I can be a bit showy lol

Pics will follow shortly.

Anyway, I have just one issue at the moment with the car, the dreaded folding wing mirror!!
I have searched and found a good guide on here to removing the door card so I can get in there and get the motor/gearbox unit apart and give it a good greasing. However the link to the guide has expired, can anyone point me in the direction of a current guide.

I have also ready of people just removing the speaker cover/speaker and reaching up inside the door to undo the securing nut/bolt. Is this do able? As this sounds way easier than removing the door card.

Anyway sorry for the long introduction.
Pics soon

Brimfull

Nov 7, 2018
Wrexham
Afternoon folks

I recently purchased myself a Mk2 Cupra K1.
Very happy with it and compared to my last car (peugeot 206) its a bullet train!!

I have owned a Mk1 Cupra in the past but circumstances changed forcing a premature sale :(
Since I was back in the market for a better car I went straight to looking at Leons.

Must be honest the interior really put me off even going to view one, they are a bit drab putting it mildly.
After a while of looking at other motors I decided nope, it had to be a Leon and if its going to be a Leon it might as well be the K1, just so I can be a bit showy lol

Pics will follow shortly.

Anyway, I have just one issue at the moment with the car, the dreaded folding wing mirror!!
I have searched and found a good guide on here to removing the door card so I can get in there and get the motor/gearbox unit apart and give it a good greasing. However the link to the guide has expired, can anyone point me in the direction of a current guide.

I have also ready of people just removing the speaker cover/speaker and reaching up inside the door to undo the securing nut/bolt. Is this do able? As this sounds way easier than removing the door card.

Anyway sorry for the long introduction.
Pics soon
Hello and welcome,

I am sure there is a here guide for the wing mirror removal on here that is still available as I looked at it a few months back as one of my mirrors clicks when it folds in.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
Welcome to the forum,

Nice to get more MK2's on here and active!

If you're anywhere near Doncaster please come and join us for a local meet on the 1st September and see what other have done to their cars etc lots of knowledge to share round.

if you fancy it please make yourself known in the following thread and ill add you to the private chat with location specifics etc

https://forums.seatcupra.net/index.php?threads/doncaster-forum-meet-01-09-19.452466/

jonny87

Aug 2, 2019
Welcome to the forum,

Nice to get more MK2's on here and active!

If you're anywhere near Doncaster please come and join us for a local meet on the 1st September and see what other have done to their cars etc lots of knowledge to share round.

if you fancy it please make yourself known in the following thread and ill add you to the private chat with location specifics etc

https://forums.seatcupra.net/index.php?threads/doncaster-forum-meet-01-09-19.452466/

Jimbob im west midlands, worcester to be exact so im afraid Doncaster is a bit of trek for me!

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
Jimbob im west midlands, worcester to be exact so im afraid Doncaster is a bit of trek for me!
No worries, we try and mix and match locations but the north seems to be a winner for the current rabble lol Just missed the National meet which was in Donington. Keep an eye on the local meets hopefully get one closer next time.

Cheers

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members