What are you using...

bruceR

Apr 11, 2005
Monifieth, Dundee
I’m one for CarPro PERL, it does what it says on the bottle and much more - your hard pushed to better it for the price

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Legojon

ChrisM75

May 10, 2019
Never been a fan of Autoglym products. Most just dont seem very effective, or durable. Even the much praised SRP is to me like oily talcum powder.

Reactions: bgb

bgb

Jan 22, 2019
All my AG stuff was free so I’m working my way through it!

The shampoo and conditioner is good for a wash after snow foam, and I replaced the SRP with Auto Finesse tripple Polish which is well worth the price!

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
Just picked my rental car (Hyundai i10 woo!) from Enterprise. They explained to me twice how they'd have to charge me if I scratched it. I'm hoping they spot something when I take it back so I can ask about their two bucket method... to give their detailer credit, he's not missed a single panel of this 67 plate car!!

58OFe7o.jpg

Reactions: kanyewest

Deano j1971

Jan 5, 2018
Maybe @Legojon @Jimbobcook @Sharpy can help me on this one.The St is booked in the garage on Thursday to have a bbk installed. Now I want to protect the brembo 8 pots before they go on the car. I have some Gtechnic C5 wheel armour, do you think that it will damage the brembo decal in anyway as I put these on myself about a month ago.
7ab18b05f7b4b0c316f143ed67d71784.jpg

Sent from my COR-L29 using Tapatalk

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
Maybe @Legojon @Jimbobcook @Sharpy can help me on this one.The St is booked in the garage on Thursday to have a bbk installed. Now I want to protect the brembo 8 pots before they go on the car. I have some Gtechnic C5 wheel armour, do you think that it will damage the brembo decal in anyway as I put these on myself about a month ago.

I wouldn't have thought so... their handling sheet is a bit scary... but generally as long as it doesn't eat after midnight or get wet. Personally, I'd get an old / cheap decal I didn't want and try a little bit on that first. I assume the decals you applied you didn't varnish or clear coat?
https://gtechniq.com/ckfinder/userfiles/files/C5 MSDS.pdf

Sharpy

This place has cost me a fortune....
Oct 2, 2018
7ab18b05f7b4b0c316f143ed67d71784.jpg

Sent from my COR-L29 using Tapatalk

Ive used a few products on my calipers with cheap eBay special decals on and ive had no issues, I doubt there will be any risk to them being damaged by putting a sealant on.

Oliver Pawley

Mar 9, 2019
Starting to do alot of motorway driving, is there product which could help to reduce the amount of chips I get? I know it probably won't be cheap but the amount of chips I'm getting isn't fun

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
That could work, think a front bumper and bonnet would be past my skill set but is definitely an option

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk
Also I've never had a wrap so not sure you'd keep the shine through it... So would you have to do the whole car or would it make the wrapped bits a little less shiny lol

ChrisM75

May 10, 2019
Ceramic wont do anything to prevent chips, at best they are slightly better than waxes at preventing swirls. There are ceramic coatings for wraps that help with gloss, but they arent as durable as the ceramics you put on the paint.

There are some temporary spray on coatings you can use, but they are really only for 1 trip, designed to protect a show car on route to a show.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.