Remapping my car at revo wanted to know if it will have a noticeable difference.

Mohamed emarah

Mar 27, 2019
Egypt
Mine is currently 150 hp and 250nm torque with a 1.4 litre engine if I do stage 1 it will go up by 30-40% 25hp minimum increase in hp and about 40 to 50 in torque. I wanted to know if it will do any damage or if there is any drawback from it

xyz

Feb 28, 2004
oxford
Visit site
Drawbacks are

Risk of losing license as become lead footed
Extra strain on gearbox
Extra wear on clutch / flywheel
Reduced turbo lifespan
Increased tyre wear

Positives

More speed

To a degree yes but shouldn’t make any difference to the turbo ( I know people running over 400 BHP on Golfs without issue - only when making big power does it affect the turbo then you go hybrid anyway) Won’t make much difference to the flywheel as but might prematurely wear the clutch. 25 BHP won’t make much difference wear wise. I’d just be sure to make sure you oil is up to 85 or 90 before giving it the beans.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Vazquez_6

Apr 15, 2019
My previous car had an Stage1 which I drove around perfectly for 3 years without any problems :dance:
I loved it!
IMG_2095.JPG

Reactions: Mohamed emarah

BigJase88

Jase
Apr 20, 2008
To a degree yes but shouldn’t make any difference to the turbo ( I know people running over 400 BHP on Golfs without issue - only when making big power does it affect the turbo then you go hybrid anyway) Won’t make much difference to the flywheel as but might prematurely wear the clutch. 25 BHP won’t make much difference wear wise. I’d just be sure to make sure you oil is up to 85 or 90 before giving it the beans.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
remap on any turbo car will always reduce turbo lifespan, it may reduce it from 150k miles to 120k miles but it still puts more strain on it.
same with clutches / flywheels / gearboxes will put extra strain on pretty much every component, not saying it will implode but will increase wear even slightly.

and I know your saying its only 25bhp but its relative to the car's original output, a 300bhp car with an increase of 25bhp is not going to be strained as much as a 150bhp car with 25bhp increase, torque is important too, its the torque that puts the extra wear on the transmission compnents with a remap instead of them components working at 80% (turbo included) of their maximum they are now working 95-100%

revo from previous experience have been quite harsh remaps on cars I have owned in the past and have made the clutch slip (too much torque)

you take your chances

Last edited:

Vazquez_6

Apr 15, 2019
Perfect can you tell me more about it because I'm looking to do stage 1
I did a stage1 on my car within 3 weeks after delivery.
It is a nice subtle increase of nm torque and hp.
Had a lot of fun with it, you will notice the difference. I also installed a k&n airfilter.
Was a perfect combo.
Also it is important to find a tuner who writes his own software specially for your car and measures it on the dyno.
Then just drive the engine warm before you hit full throttle and give your car the best care.
I drove mine 3 years with a smile :happy:

Mohamed emarah

Mar 27, 2019
Egypt
I did a stage1 on my car within 3 weeks after delivery.
It is a nice subtle increase of nm torque and hp.
Had a lot of fun with it, you will notice the difference. I also installed a k&n airfilter.
Was a perfect combo.
Also it is important to find a tuner who writes his own software specially for your car and measures it on the dyno.
Then just drive the engine warm before you hit full throttle and give your car the best care.
I drove mine 3 years with a smile :happy:
Great I will do the same tomorrow :) thank you

Reactions: Vazquez_6

chrispcupre

Jul 27, 2011
leicestershire
I went for the superchips bluefin as its one of the more mild maps out there for my tdi 150 ps 31hp 85 nm gain although never dyno'd as i installed it using the handset

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180128-200138.png
    Screenshot_20180128-200138.png
    209.4 KB · Views: 102
Reactions: Vazquez_6