Water dripping under car

Damo H

Remind me, what's an indicator?
Staff member
Oct 3, 2012
Car Length In Front
As others have said, it’ll be the air con. I think from memory the coolant smells sweet. I’ll let you know when I get some tomorrow lol

Reactions: Maypack

Yern

Apr 25, 2019
As others have said, it’ll be the air con. I think from memory the coolant smells sweet. I’ll let you know when I get some tomorrow lol
Always remembered if I dipped a finger to taste - sweet = coolant, bitter = brake fluid, strange/smell = washer fluid, oil = oil, fuel = fuel smell, anything else = don't worry unnecessarily yet!

Yern

Apr 25, 2019
Has it been raining whilst it hasn't moved? If its 'clear' water perhaps its coming from the drain points? (not sure where these are but usually on the bulkhead)

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
Just been out this morning and there’s still water dripping. Is that normal as the car hasn’t moved for 16 hours.

Rained heavily here yesterday and most of last night. My car left a trail of water up the driveway when I reversed out this morning.

Just double check the fluid levels (coolant, brake, steering). If that hasn't moved I wouldn't be worried.

LouG

Dec 1, 2017
Nelson, New Zealand
I got a mouthful of coolant trying to siphon some out of the bikes overflow tank. It's certainly not sweet, it's bloody disgusting. Bitter and peppery, worse than fuel.

Damo H

Remind me, what's an indicator?
Staff member
Oct 3, 2012
Car Length In Front
I got a mouthful of coolant trying to siphon some out of the bikes overflow tank. It's certainly not sweet, it's bloody disgusting. Bitter and peppery, worse than fuel.
Doesn’t it depend on the coolant type? The stuff in ours (G13) is a bright pinky/purple. Maybe your’s was the sauce au poivre version for your bike LOL

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
I read on the internet (so must be true). Coolant used to taste sweet... but then they added something to it to make it bitter to stop animals wanting to drink it all the time.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise