what did you and your mk3 leon do today

ray

Jan 7, 2016
ad26711e072d24d549e18a23b18e4251.jpg

Quick sponge bath few days ago as it had bird poo on it and it’s dried looking like it’s just been waxed.

I used a cheap and not so nasty ceramic coating from wish (was 3 quid a bottle with a cloth and application sponge thing) and that was about 3 months ago, still repels water and washes beautiful.

Can’t recommend it enough.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

robby71

Sep 3, 2005
Yorkshire, UK
Have the rattles gone?

I need to attempt this before winter !

Will find out on the way to work on monday :)
Applied sound deadening pads to metal door frame and bits to inside plastic door panel, couple of pads inside door skin, fitted deadening insulation to plastic door panel then felt strips around the metal door where the plastic panel edges touch

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/12pcs-Sh...e=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Heavy-Du...e=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Anti-Squ...e=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649

Reactions: Sword

Seastormer

Cupra Leon VZ2 300/CBF1000
Apr 25, 2014
Edinburgh (Scotland)
Yest had to buy some glass cleaner as my wipers were still ok looking, but started making noises on the glass. ckecked out the prices on Amazon, Halfords etc, but as I was going to Asda for my weekly shop decided to see what they had. Bought Anti-Fog Ext glass cleaner (1£) and Window Cleaner Int & Ext (2£) both Auto Drive. Used both and my windscreen came up sparkling inside and out, tried today in the rain and no noises plus the Anti Fog did a grand job as the water just ran off the glass and beaded a lot too. So for the price I have no complaints:thumbup:

Last edited:

Slickric21

Feb 23, 2019
Norfolk

Nice thanks for those links.

I need to buy some of these bits for my R ST.

The build quality on the interior of these cars is simply shocking in my opinion.

Kirky

Copper Cupra Advocate
Apr 10, 2019
Nice thanks for those links.

I need to buy some of these bits for my R ST.

The build quality on the interior of these cars is simply shocking in my opinion.
Is it hit and miss with quality as I am impressed by the quality in mine? I was expecting rattles, squeaks, panels not fitted correctly etc based on posts similar to yours. However I was pleasantly surprised by the build quality. No rattles, squeaks, creaks or ill fitting panels to be found.

robby71

Sep 3, 2005
Yorkshire, UK
Is it hit and miss with quality as I am impressed by the quality in mine? I was expecting rattles, squeaks, panels not fitted correctly etc based on posts similar to yours. However I was pleasantly surprised by the build quality. No rattles, squeaks, creaks or ill fitting panels to be found.

I think having 3 doors we probably have more issues there as the doors are a lot heavier than on the 5 door models

Slickric21

Feb 23, 2019
Norfolk

Your lucky mate :)

I simply HAVE to have the Stereo on in mine otherwise it’s squeak and rattle central.
Can’t have it up too loud however.... otherwise the door cards vibrate....

I’m going to start tracking them down and trying to solve them one by one in the near future !!

Disappointing though, my 7 year old Mazda6 with 65k miles on the clock is silent.
My 2 month old Cupra R ST has at least 4 annoying rattles/squeaks just driving, and 2 doors that rattle with the stereo turned up mildly loud :(

Kirky

Copper Cupra Advocate
Apr 10, 2019
Your lucky mate :)

I simply HAVE to have the Stereo on in mine otherwise it’s squeak and rattle central.
Can’t have it up too loud however.... otherwise the door cards vibrate....

I’m going to start tracking them down and trying to solve them one by one in the near future !!

Disappointing though, my 7 year old Mazda6 with 65k miles on the clock is silent.
My 2 month old Cupra R ST has at least 4 annoying rattles/squeaks just driving, and 2 doors that rattle with the stereo turned up mildly loud :(

I've only done 500 miles so I may have just jinxed myself. Touch wood it stays as it is as I cannot stand rattles or creaks, they drive me insane.

Reactions: Slickric21