Car keeps stalling

SeatLeon5548

Dec 21, 2017
Brought my car home fine last night, went to to to work next morning and the car kept stalling out of gear when powering on, put the clutch down and car started but won’t go forward or back keeps stalling, the clutch has been sipping but not badly, car hasn't went into 5th this last 2 weeks mechanic changing both on Tuesday, but don’t want to have to tow it out the road anyone know how or why this is happening?

Andrewwright

Turbo lover
Aug 16, 2016
Peterborough
Brought my car home fine last night, went to to to work next morning and the car kept stalling out of gear when powering on, put the clutch down and car started but won’t go forward or back keeps stalling, the clutch has been sipping but not badly, car hasn't went into 5th this last 2 weeks mechanic changing both on Tuesday, but don’t want to have to tow it out the road anyone know how or why this is happening?
New car to you? What engine is it? Mk1 Leon yes?

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

mty12345

Jun 17, 2011
bristol

It's hard to say, by sounds of it the clutch is completely gone, or its possible a gear selector fork has broken inside the gearbox.

SeatLeon5548

Dec 21, 2017
It's hard to say, by sounds of it the clutch is completely gone, or its possible a gear selector fork has broken inside the gearbox.
Your probably right it’s just very strange the car drove to my yard parked over night and something breaks, I went outside an hour ago put the car in reverse and revd it to 2k rpm and let the clutch out with the Revs high enough to hopefully bang it out of jammed gear and blue smoke came out of the top of the gearbox.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.