what did you and your mk3 leon do today

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
Parked it at the Airport and flew to Malta. Disappointed as I’ve only seen 6 Seats from the Airport to the Hotel; 4 Ibiza FR, 1 Córdoba and 1 Arona FR. No Leon’s at all

Least you get a cool Malta flag on your status for a while... um, shouldn't you be holidaying or something? LOL.

Reactions: Maypack

Kothaex

Sep 24, 2018
Offered the 2014 Cupra 280 in a trade for a 2012 Audi S5 V6 Supercharged - guys listed it for private sale for couple grand below market value so I'm wary but what are your thoughts on that motor?

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

ray

Jan 7, 2016
Offered the 2014 Cupra 280 in a trade for a 2012 Audi S5 V6 Supercharged - guys listed it for private sale for couple grand below market value so I'm wary but what are your thoughts on that motor?

Sounds great if it’s all running as it should but supercharging an NA engine would obviously require a lot of effort and money and if it’s listed pretty cheap I would make sure you give it a very proper check before swapping.

I’m sure I saw one for sale a while ago, is there an advert?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kothaex

Sep 24, 2018
Sounds great if it’s all running as it should but supercharging an NA engine would obviously require a lot of effort and money and if it’s listed pretty cheap I would make sure you give it a very proper check before swapping.

I’m sure I saw one for sale a while ago, is there an advert?

NA engine? And from your wording sounds like you have the impression it was supercharged after the fact - is a supercharged V6 not a factory option?

Edit: I'm dumb, naturally aspirated. Like I said I thought 3.0L V6 super was factory?

Last edited:

ray

Jan 7, 2016
NA engine? And from your wording sounds like you have the impression it was supercharged after the fact - is a supercharged V6 not a factory option?

Edit: I'm dumb, naturally aspirated. Like I said I thought 3.0L V6 super was factory?

Apologies, I’ve written NA wrongly assuming it was naturally aspirated though I think that was the earlier V8 versions, the V6 has a turbo as standard but this one is supercharged? That’s my point it’s a big change and obviously big if something goes bang.

What BHP? They should have around 330 as standard.

Seastormer

Cupra Leon VZ2 300/CBF1000
Apr 25, 2014
Edinburgh (Scotland)
I say yes
97702fcdc7611a778acf01cc55a200fb.jpg

And me too, as a Black Cupra owner with that look as standard, I know it looks good

Stephenator280

Nov 5, 2017

The b8 and b8.5 s4/s5 engine is the 3.0 TFSI (supercharged v6). At least from around 2013 onwards. Up until 2012 the s5 has the older 4.2 fsi. The s4 switched out to the 3.0 tfsi in 2010

CalJames

Modification Addict
Jun 25, 2019
North Wales
Had the centre silencer removed today, the note is deeper and sounds more sportier now. Might get the other rear silencer removed if I want more volume. 1.4TSI

Reactions: LR231998

LR231998

Alor Blue 290 Cupra
Jan 21, 2019
Washed, decontaminated, polished with AF Tripple, glazed using AF Ultra Glaze, sealed using AF tough coat, waxed using AF Illusion wax. Arches cleaned, wheel barrels cleaned and decontaminated, wheels sealed, engine bay cleaned and dressed. Exhaust tips polished (again!) the Cupra puts out so much black soot onto these tips!

Update on The carbon badge Stickers previously posted on this Thread; front one still going strong rear one is now off after the first wash since applying as it was peeling!

Car looks brilliant!

Last edited:
Reactions: bgb

bgb

Jan 22, 2019
Washed, decontaminated, polished with AF Tripple, glazed using AF Ultra Glaze, sealed using AF tough coat, waxed using AF Illusion wax. Arches cleaned, wheel barrels cleaned and decontaminated, wheels sealed, engine bay cleaned and dressed. Exhaust tips polished (again!) the Cupra puts out so much black soot onto these tips!

Update on The carbon badge Stickers previously posted on this Thread; front one still going strong rear one is now off after the first wash since applying as it was peeling!

Car looks brilliant!

AF Tripple is a great product in my eyes, i highly rate it! Hows using the Tough Coat?

Need a good sealant before we get into the salty cold weather!

LR231998

Alor Blue 290 Cupra
Jan 21, 2019
AF Tripple is a great product in my eyes, i highly rate it! Hows using the Tough Coat?

Need a good sealant before we get into the salty cold weather!
Yes I love tripple. All Af products are great in my eyes.

Tough coat... absolute pleasure to use, spray around 3 sprays max per panel onto a micro fibre pad and simply wipe on, wait for it to cure then just wipe off.... they claim up to 6 months durability too. Was very impressed with it after it’s been sitting in my room for about 2 years waiting to be used!

LR231998

Alor Blue 290 Cupra
Jan 21, 2019
@LR231998 I shall grab myself a bottle!

It’s the sort of product that will last forever, You only have to use 2 sprays per panel. The spray head was actually a great idea as appose to pouring it out the bottle - helps control the anount you use.

The first panel I applied it to (the roof) I put way too much on and it took a while to cure, as I wasn’t expecting it to spread so easily and with so little.

bgb

Jan 22, 2019
It’s the sort of product that will last forever, You only have to use 2 sprays per panel. The spray head was actually a great idea as appose to pouring it out the bottle - helps control the anount you use.

The first panel I applied it to (the roof) I put way too much on and it took a while to cure, as I wasn’t expecting it to spread so easily and with so little.

I did just read that the smallest bottle they do is well in for a hatchback size car and a few coats :thumbup:

Reactions: LR231998

RUM4MO

Jun 4, 2008
South Scotland
The b8 and b8.5 s4/s5 engine is the 3.0 TFSI (supercharged v6). At least from around 2013 onwards. Up until 2012 the s5 has the older 4.2 fsi. The s4 switched out to the 3.0 tfsi in 2010

I think that the S5 for a while had a choice of engines, the cheaper option being the 3.0TFSI 330PS which is too easy to increase the power on, ideally via a visit to an MRC agent.
The only weak area might be the DSG box, though they did seem to improve in reliability as time or production time went on. I played safe when I bought my S4 and went for a 6MT which suits me.

Edit:- the wing badges should say V6T unless they have been changed to Supercharger by fitting a badge only supplied and fitted to some premium S4 and S5 in USA - or a cheap ebay version of that badge.