what have you done to your car today ?

Leon20vt4

Oct 21, 2018
would like both. winter/summer set ^^ i was about to buy a set of ch002 when my manifold cracked. so i skipped it

Funny haha I was actually thinking of doing this... as it would be super easy to sell the CH002 anytime if I don’t use them anymore. Finding these special Porsche wheels I want and making it all work is harder than originally thought.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bigT's lcr

Delete. Beat. Repeat...
Feb 27, 2016
Leeds
Not sure.. I'll weigh them all when I pick them up compared to the metal panels. I can't do the windows as I have thrown the glass ones way. But I will weigh a door when it's built. Then try to find the weight of a complete normal door to see the loss
I bet its a fair bit, i wouldnt mind swapping out my bonnet for a carbon fiber one.

Reactions: lightup

iammooks

Nov 27, 2018
Best practice to change both wheel bearings at same time.
The headlight might need a good drying out, some people have drilled a few small holes in the back to let air move and some have put one of those wee silica bags inside.
Glad to hear you still enjoying her at such an age

Thanks for this - when funds (and to be honest, patience) allow, I'll get all this sorted.

At the moment I can't see myself having any other car. If I can keep it on the road as long as possible, that's perfect - I don't do many miles these days (on average around 2k a year) but when I need a car, I need a car. There's no point buying anything new - not least because I can't afford it and I don't drive enough to justify it. That said, I've always been taken by the new A-Class...

Reactions: bigT's lcr

bigT's lcr

Delete. Beat. Repeat...
Feb 27, 2016
Leeds
Thanks for this - when funds (and to be honest, patience) allow, I'll get all this sorted.

At the moment I can't see myself having any other car. If I can keep it on the road as long as possible, that's perfect - I don't do many miles these days (on average around 2k a year) but when I need a car, I need a car. There's no point buying anything new - not least because I can't afford it and I don't drive enough to justify it. That said, I've always been taken by the new A-Class...
Heard off of a few people alot of the new mercs have Peugeot engines! Be warned lol

Reactions: iammooks

iammooks

Nov 27, 2018
On a warm dry afternoon
Turn on full beam. Open back of housing and leave for an hr to get nice and hot. Should remove the moisture.
Some just get condensation now and then. I had both lights changed for new VW originals ( while they still had them )
One of mine fogged up within 2 months.
Leon Life.

Badger5 Custom Map + TIP,
3”Custom exhaust, FMIC, Bosh 550’s, BC Coilovers, ARB’s +loads more.

I'll give that a go - appreciate the reply. I took it out for a drive the other week and left the lights on dipped the whole way, and it did clear things up a little. I like that - "Leon Life" - so much of the stuff that's going wrong is little annoying stuff. Like my nearside rear door squeaks when you lock it. It's loud and annoying, but not enough to take the door apart and get the lock out. A squirt of PlusGas isn't sorting it either though.

Leon Life... :shrug:

AndrewJB

Friend to SEAT UK & Cupra Racing
Aug 16, 2007
Maranello
Swapped the MK1 FR+ TDI for a few days with the SEAT UK press office

33sJwoZ.jpg

fPkAqb2.jpg

iammooks

Nov 27, 2018
I'm going to ignore that post above... :drool:

While I'm waiting for the MAF sensor to dry, thought I'd ask for some help. A quick visit to Euros and I've got new cabin/pollen and air filters. The cabin filter was pretty disgusting.

Noticed that the screws for both the MAF sensor and the air filter housing were pretty rusted. Does anyone know where or how I can get hold of new ones? The air filter housing ones are longer than the MAF sensor ones, so two different types, but if there's anyone who knows exactly which, I'd be super grateful.

Leon20vt4

Oct 21, 2018
I'm going to ignore that post above... :drool:

While I'm waiting for the MAF sensor to dry, thought I'd ask for some help. A quick visit to Euros and I've got new cabin/pollen and air filters. The cabin filter was pretty disgusting.

Noticed that the screws for both the MAF sensor and the air filter housing were pretty rusted. Does anyone know where or how I can get hold of new ones? The air filter housing ones are longer than the MAF sensor ones, so two different types, but if there's anyone who knows exactly which, I'd be super grateful.

I can take a look at ETKA tomorrow morning or maybe when I get home tonight

Reactions: iammooks

iammooks

Nov 27, 2018
I can take a look at ETKA tomorrow morning or maybe when I get home tonight

That would be fantastic - thank you. It's one of those things that just bothers me - rounded off heads and rusty screws - there's no excuse for it...

Reactions: Leon20vt4

Manic172

https://m.facebook.com/ManicMotorsport1
Dec 4, 2018
Hemel hempstead
www.seatcupra.net
Been off here a bit doing holidays and stuff with kidsbut back on the Leon now. Mounted my new seat and changed a crsppy hose. Goes a bit better now
51f7e87f5a28a9939377ec8677c41788.jpg
0d206c04e753c61b49dfad129085a9e5.jpg
e02e59dffe537bbda3e23aa2539cac59.jpg

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

Looking good mate. Seeing peoples cars gives me the push to get on with mine.... But still stuck on what colour to go for tho

Leon20vt4

Oct 21, 2018
Noooooooooooo Not another grey car please, every man and his dog has one these days.

Different scene in Germany then, but I guess you’re right when I was in the Uk I did see a lot of grey skodas and such still this looks rather nice

https://www.autoscout24.de/angebote...ec0d76e-7240-0c6a-e053-e250040a1377?cldtidx=1

I for one am a huge bright color guy.

First off, white is nice because 1Ms didn’t come in white, and when you do other things black on the car it looks extremely nice together.

Other than that I think the stock gunmetal looks sexy.

Bright yellow, bright blue, baby blue, line green, bright Fanta orange. Etc

Nizza

May 17, 2019
Looking good mate. Seeing peoples cars gives me the push to get on with mine.... But still stuck on what colour to go for tho
And thanks bro it's good when other people compliment your work!

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

Manic172

https://m.facebook.com/ManicMotorsport1
Dec 4, 2018
Hemel hempstead
www.seatcupra.net
White looks good but shows every mark and not of **** and rust coming threw
I do like a grey colour but very common.
Might go dark grey inside, engine bay, wheel arches etc. And then white on the out side.....But what white lol

Zardoz

Sep 6, 2016
North West
Car's back from garage, front bumper looks much better now.

Mechanic pointed out how worn my wishbone bushes were. £140 to replace both sides with Audi TT ones sound reasonable? Something I should do myself?

Reactions: bigT's lcr
Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.