Cupra Service

Betts-4

Jul 11, 2019
I have read some threads about servicing and concerns over where to get it done and who to trust,this has led me to a few questions which I think will help others and me !

1.Seat service plan or pay for a specific service each time (if specific what to make sure is done)

2.what needs doing and when outside of usual service,I have read DSG oil/diff/cam belt/water pump

3.Can I do anything myself to keep her healthy between services (I’m no mechanic and diy at best)

4.Any other advice from previous knowledge or issues

Thanks

Deleted member 103408

check out https://forums.seatcupra.net/index.php?threads/leon-mk3-official-seat-workshop-manuals-link.442353/ and you will find the service manual for the facelift cars, not sure if it will change much with MY20 but if you go on Erwin it will give you the latest info.

Firstly is the car a Lease car, if so you need to confirm with the lease company how the car is to be serviced (many require it to be done at main dealers only)

Secondly whilst in warranty it will have to be serviced at a garage that will use and bills i suspect for genuine VW Parts othwise warranty issues may follow (worst case obviously)

Hope that helps, there are many many threads on here about the gearbox / haldex services but check the workshop manual and it will confirm when this is needed.

Reactions: Betts-4 and JonnyG

JonnyG

Mar 18, 2019
Do the latest SEAT Leon's come with a service book still ? or is it all recorded electronically now like with the VW Golf ?

Maypack

Ambassador for Cumberland Sausage
Apr 20, 2014
Gods Country - West Cumbria
Do the latest SEAT Leon's come with a service book still ? or is it all recorded electronically now like with the VW Golf ?

All service history is now electronic at Seat dealers. No service book is provided anymore. However you can BUY one if you really want one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Betts-4

Jul 11, 2019
All service history is now electronic at Seat dealers. No service book is provided anymore. However you can BUY one if you really want one.

When selling how do you provide SH

JonnyG

Mar 18, 2019
Yes, it's best to request the dealer to print out the service history for you at its service, so that you have a paper copy to show on selling or returning a lease car.

RUM4MO

Jun 4, 2008
South Scotland
A slightly different question, as the paper version of the service record also held the "build data statement" where is that info now shown for the customer, for instance it used to be stuck to the side of the spare wheel well, by on my daughter's new Leon Cupra it does that seem to be there either?
I know that all that data plus more can be found in "CAR DATA" but you have to find a SEAT dealership that understands that request, from past experience that the easiest thing to get hold of, Audi and VW dealerships still understand that request though.

SRGTD

May 26, 2014
A slightly different question, as the paper version of the service record also held the "build data statement" where is that info now shown for the customer, for instance it used to be stuck to the side of the spare wheel well, by on my daughter's new Leon Cupra it does that seem to be there either?
I know that all that data plus more can be found in "CAR DATA" but you have to find a SEAT dealership that understands that request, from past experience that the easiest thing to get hold of, Audi and VW dealerships still understand that request though.

Maybe it’s hidden like it is on the mk7 Golf. You can see the mk7 Golf data sticker in this YouTube video at around 58 sec / 1.00 minute when the boot sill trim is removed (it’s on the right hand side of the metal boot sill);

Deleted member 103408

Screenshot 2019-08-18 at 13.57.26.png

RUM4MO

Jun 4, 2008
South Scotland
Thanks for that idea, I'll have a look if I'm allowed to take that trim off! I must admit I have not knowingly looked for that build data table on my cars ever as it was always included in the front page of the service log, but the factory's copy of that was always stuck to the side of the spare wheel well, now I'll need to check my S4 and my wife's Polo.

Deleted member 103408

I've been told by our local dealer at Llandudno that a service history book would cost £15.

I just spoke with seat customer services and the below is the response I got re service history.

Thank you for your recent contact regarding our SEAT online service history. Please accept my apologies for the delay in my response.

I have included the link below which is free to set it up for your online service records, so unless you require technical details, there is no cost involved.

https://erwin.seat.com/erwin/showDSP.do

I hope this information proves useful. If I can be of any further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me on the details below.

Thank you for taking time out to contact SEAT UK.

Kind regards

Maypack

Ambassador for Cumberland Sausage
Apr 20, 2014
Gods Country - West Cumbria
I just spoke with seat customer services and the below is the response I got re service history.

Thank you for your recent contact regarding our SEAT online service history. Please accept my apologies for the delay in my response.

I have included the link below which is free to set it up for your online service records, so unless you require technical details, there is no cost involved.

https://erwin.seat.com/erwin/showDSP.do

I hope this information proves useful. If I can be of any further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me on the details below.

Thank you for taking time out to contact SEAT UK.

Kind regards

Great bit of work. I’m sure this will put a lot of people at rest regarding Service History