Rear washing fluid line

Som

Oct 1, 2018
Hi All

I've got a 2015 FR (pre the facelift) and my rear window washer doesn't squirt fluid anymore. The pump sounds like it works and I've cleared the nozzle but doesn't seem obstructed. I couldn't see anything dripping out under the usual spots around the reservoir etc so not sure if it's maybe a break in the line elsewhere or it's blocked internally.

When I push the stalk the pump whirs like it's doing something, and I can smell washer fluid like it's being squirted, although faint in comparison to when I spray the front window with the door window open. Also, I did notice a slightly damp patch in the rear passenger side footwell but not sure if that's where the line runs under to the rear?

Any ideas on what I could do to check if the line is broken/blocked and flush it out/repair it?

RUM4MO

Jun 4, 2008
South Scotland
I've never had that issue ever as I've kept the frost protection level up at all times, which is usually what pushes these joins apart.
I don't think that it is any coincidence that you are smelling that smell and finding damp carpet at that point in the car. There will be a joining point somewhere round about the top of the LHS wheel arch that you should be able to find when you search under the side trim.

Rooster

Oct 27, 2018
Yorkshire
A common area for washer hose failure is where the hose passes through the rubber boot between the body and the tailgate. Pop the rubber boot from its location and get someone to operate the washer switch to see if you have fluid getting that far, which might help to find the issue.

Som

Oct 1, 2018
I'll see if I can try that.

The damp patch doesn't seem to be there now, so possible that was just a spill as the actual floor mat didn't smell of washer fluid when I cleaned it but not ruling it out at this point.

If it turns out the hose has a leak or blockage further back then the tailgate I presume I'd have to take it in to have a look under the car properly? I don't have the means to lift the vehicle anywhere safely myself.

Bedlam

Feb 26, 2009
North Yorkshire
I'll see if I can try that.

The damp patch doesn't seem to be there now, so possible that was just a spill as the actual floor mat didn't smell of washer fluid when I cleaned it but not ruling it out at this point.

If it turns out the hose has a leak or blockage further back then the tailgate I presume I'd have to take it in to have a look under the car properly? I don't have the means to lift the vehicle anywhere safely myself.
In my Mk 2 Leon it was all inside the car, it popped above the rear wheel arch inside the boot

Last edited:

Rooster

Oct 27, 2018
Yorkshire
The washer hose runs through the car, usually on the same side as the reservoir and not underneath if that helps?

Som

Oct 1, 2018
Cheers All

I'll have another look at it next week once I have some time free to fiddle about with it some more.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.