Haynes Manual (published 5th Aug 2019)

Som

Oct 1, 2018
Was just checking the Haynes site and noted this manual has appeared recently - https://haynes.com/en-gb/seat/ibiza/2008-2017-0

It says it's for the M4k but I know there is some difference in how the official line is numbered compared to how it's referred to generally since the facelift in 2012. So my question is, would this manual be the one for a 2015 (pre 2nd facelift) model which we call the mk5 on here?

Also, it does say it doesn't cover the FR, but does anyone know how much of a difference that makes to the basic info?

camelspyyder

2 SEAT-er
Jun 26, 2014
On here Mk5 covers all of 2008 to 2017. There were 2 facelifts during that time.

FR has shorter suspension, some different body parts, some different engine choices too.

Why not download the exact workshop manual you want from ERWIN SEAT for around 7 Euro?

Som

Oct 1, 2018
On here Mk5 covers all of 2008 to 2017. There were 2 facelifts during that time.

FR has shorter suspension, some different body parts, some different engine choices too.

Why not download the exact workshop manual you want from ERWIN SEAT for around 7 Euro?

Do you know how I find it on there? I had trouble navigating the site last time I tried to find a fuse box diagram and gave up trying at that point.

Crossthreaded

Apr 16, 2019
Was just checking the Haynes site and noted this manual has appeared recently - https://haynes.com/en-gb/seat/ibiza/2008-2017-0

It says it's for the M4k but I know there is some difference in how the official line is numbered compared to how it's referred to generally since the facelift in 2012. So my question is, would this manual be the one for a 2015 (pre 2nd facelift) model which we call the mk5 on here?

Also, it does say it doesn't cover the FR, but does anyone know how much of a difference that makes to the basic info?

I eMailed Haynes Publishing yesterday to ask if my 2016 Ibiza ST with the 1.0 litre 95 hp 3 cylinder CHZB engine is covered. I've just woken my laptop up after returning home and there's a very welcome message from them saying yes, that engine is covered. I feel a visit to Halfords, brandishing my trade card is on the cards for the very near future.

Her 3 year warranty ran out in March and I'm undecided as to whether to service and maintain her myself or get our local indy agent to do it - which will give me a stamp in the book. Knowing this manual is now available just makes the decision more difficult!

RUM4MO

Jun 4, 2008
South Scotland
Have you checked the current Haynes direct price against what Halfords would charge you for ordering one in, you might be cheaper and quicker dealing direct with Haynes, I’ve bought direct from them a couple of times.

Crossthreaded

Apr 16, 2019
Thanks for that idea RUM4MO. I just went to the Haynes site and they seem to be selling it for £22.99. Then over to the Halfords site where they seem to be doing all Haynes manuals for £16.99 - and from past experience my trade card gets a quite hefty discount on the prices quoted on their "public" prices. (although I didn't actually see this edition of manual on their site.)

Am I missing something here? Is there a "special" Haynes direct price I don't know about?

RUM4MO

Jun 4, 2008
South Scotland
That is annoying, when I checked last night on the Haynes website there was still a "bank holiday" discount being offered.

In my limited experience of Halfords, they only sell what they have in stock, any special order would attract a higher price - but if it is now listed on the Halfords website, then with your trade card it will be a no brainer.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.