what did you and your mk3 leon do today

Betts-4

Jul 11, 2019
Sorry to be pedantic but these paddles definitely fit a 2019 Leon Cupra yes?
Yes i believe so and have a pair for my MY20 Cupra.

To put your mind at rest below is photo of the back so you can double check the shape.I don’t think the paddles have ever changed as these apparently fit most models from 2012 onwards and includes others like Audi and Skoda.

0-D43-A99-B-109-B-4-C9-C-9-A58-3464-ED55-FAED.jpg

Kirky

Copper Cupra Advocate
Apr 10, 2019
Great day - not :( tried to get a dent out of my door which some nice person left me at work on friday - unsuccesfully using the pdr kit off amazon- guess i'll spend another £60 - £80 on a dent guy to sort it and hope nice person at work doesn't do it again

Why can't people respect others cars and be more careful?

I know. People just don't care. I've got a deep scratch in my passenger side door handle where someone has caught it with something while parked and I've only had the car a month.

robby71

Sep 3, 2005
Yorkshire, UK
I know. People just don't care. I've got a deep scratch in my passenger side door handle where someone has caught it with something while parked and I've only had the car a month.

With my car being a 3 door with long doors and in grey the dent stands out so much more than if it was a white car.
I removed the door trim to see if i could push it out from behind but there was a brace behind covering it :(
Guess PDR guy will have to knock it from the front - last guy who did this on a previous car left scratches all over the panel as he positioned his board on the paintwork instead of the glass and kept wiping the area with a rag he kept putting on the ground!!!!! won't be using him this time

SRGTD

May 26, 2014
Great day - not :( tried to get a dent out of my door which some nice person left me at work on friday - unsuccesfully using the pdr kit off amazon- guess i'll spend another £60 - £80 on a dent guy to sort it and hope nice person at work doesn't do it again

Why can't people respect others cars and be more careful?

@robby71 - Sorry to hear about your parking damage. I don’t think I would’ve been brave enough to attempt a DIY dent repair on a nearly new car using a DIY PDR kit. I’m OCD about my car and I’m pretty certain I’d never be able to get a 100% perfect result, which is what I’d want. I’d leave removing the dent to the experts as PDR is a very skilled job IMO.

A few years back I had some ‘considerate’ person put a parking ding into my nearside rear wheel arch. It wasn’t possible for the PDR guy to get access to the reverse side of the panel, so he used the glue pulling technique where he glued a series of pullers to the front of the panel so he could remove the damage from the front of the panel. He was an independent guy and had contracts with most of the main car dealers in the area and was extremely busy (I always see that as a good sign of the quality of a person’s work if they’re very much in demand). He did an excellent job and explained how he was going to remove the ding, and was more than happy for me to watch him work.

Jaco2k

AWD FTW
Mar 11, 2018
Tampere, Finland
www.youtube.com
Dog bone bracket?

Technical name is "Pendulum mount"

Only APR and ECS make these ...I read the APR one rattles, so I went with importing the ECS from USA.

They say that you should do this one together with the Dogbone mount, since the extra stress of the stiffer dogbone mount will bust the pendulum mount overtime.
Also, a local tuner has told me that these two mounts is all you need to do, but I am ready to do the other 2 mounts and also get a proper dogbone mount (as opposed to an insert) down the road.
...but let's start here and see what gives.

Kirky

Copper Cupra Advocate
Apr 10, 2019
Technical name is "Pendulum mount"

Only APR and ECS make these ...I read the APR one rattles, so I went with importing the ECS from USA.

They say that you should do this one together with the Dogbone mount, since the extra stress of the stiffer dogbone mount will bust the pendulum mount overtime.
Also, a local tuner has told me that these two mounts is all you need to do, but I am ready to do the other 2 mounts and also get a proper dogbone mount (as opposed to an insert) down the road.
...but let's start here and see what gives.
Is this to reduce wheel hop under acceleration?

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.