Attending a Trackday?

Sparkie

Angling Adict.
Sep 25, 2009
Middlesex
All booked for
Bedford Autodrome 9th Sept
With Javelin.
This is the track to try if you don’t want to crash your pride and joy but want to push hard.
Loads of run off everywhere.
I know as I’ve left the circuit more than once!

Badger5 Custom Map + TIP,
3”Custom exhaust, FMIC, Bosh 550’s, BC Coilovers, ARB’s +loads more.

Fozzy84

Apr 23, 2012
Been at Cadwell this week. Car has an overheating issue so didn’t Spank it as hard as I normally would have. Replaced the thermostat to no avail. Due a water pump so thinking this is the problem. Will hard wire a fan switch to the dash too to help keep cool!

Attachments

• 103A6047-E42E-4A82-B92C-98E58F9AA413.jpeg
    103A6047-E42E-4A82-B92C-98E58F9AA413.jpeg
    159.3 KB · Views: 168
  • B3A70A59-F8E5-4687-A12C-1D038906A1AD.jpeg
    B3A70A59-F8E5-4687-A12C-1D038906A1AD.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 162
  • 59811CB8-1FC6-4818-8518-3DF92D3A0925.jpeg
    59811CB8-1FC6-4818-8518-3DF92D3A0925.jpeg
    24 KB · Views: 154

Nizza

May 17, 2019
Been at Cadwell this week. Car has an overheating issue so didn’t Spank it as hard as I normally would have. Replaced the thermostat to no avail. Due a water pump so thinking this is the problem. Will hard wire a fan switch to the dash too to help keep cool!

Looks well good!! Looks like mine would have looked that night ha ha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Andrewwright

Turbo lover
Aug 16, 2016
Peterborough
All booked for
With Javelin.
This is the track to try if you don’t want to crash your pride and joy but want to push hard.

Sounds like my kinda track tbh. What's involved with booking at day there? Cost? Do you need some different insurance or anything extra? Bedford is only up the road from me but saying that...so was Rockingham, only ever went there for work reasons. (Delivery)

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Deleted member 103408

booking is done here https://www.javelintrackdays.co.uk/trackdays/September/Bedford_Autodrome_9th_September_2019, it will cost you 159-00 for the day, you will need a crash helmet and the car will have to pass a noise test (details on the site)

I have booked a Garage so if you have stuff to take out of the car and want to keep safe you are more than welcome to use

Insurance you can buy track day insurance which is about 130 but you can (and i do) run without it.

Its one of my fav tracks.

Reactions: Andrewwright

Andrewwright

Turbo lover
Aug 16, 2016
Peterborough
Question for you all, Do people change engine oil each time they go out on the track or just change at low regular intervals.
Will all depend on driving style, if you driving it normally bit track speed then yes. If you banging it down the track keeping up with a 911 then I'd change it after just for that peace of mind.
When its all black and watery ?
Bro....you got issues

Deleted member 103408

The reason I asked is after I had my injectors replaced on my car (as they had failed on a track day) I was told to change oil every 2k instead of 5k which I am very happy with but also change before every track day (or 2 at the most).

Sparkie

Angling Adict.
Sep 25, 2009
Middlesex
Sounds like my kinda track tbh. What's involved with booking at day there? Cost? Do you need some different insurance or anything extra? Bedford is only up the road from me but saying that...so was Rockingham, only ever went there for work reasons. (Delivery)

Expect to fill tank of fuel at lunch time and track day insurance is relative to the state of the car.
I only pay 45 quid for a days insurance. Haven’t botheeed the last couple of visits. Think if I do Brands I’ll take insurance. ( short track. More cars per 100 metres and more barriers close to the track. )

DAN@ADRIAN FLUX

Forum Sponsor
Sep 27, 2016

Hi.
If you need any help with track day insurance then please feel free to drop me a line.
Regards,
Dan

vwtrev

Flying Banana
Oct 29, 2015
Essex, united kingdom
I change my oil every year (that's about 4 trackdays a year) as only cover about 1000 miles a year, if that. Oils are pretty good these days and cost enough so should be able to cope. Higher BHP engines should go with recommendation by their tuners. I use Gulf Competiton Racing Oil.

Can't make the Bedford outing as have an MSV credit to use before 5th Sept. but will be going Snetterton on 22nd August (with Javelin) and also looking at MSV at Brands Hatch on 2nd September (both Evenings) if anyone fancies either of these tracks.

Reactions: Sparkie

Deleted member 103408

Both Track Daying and pushing the engine to its limits. I was very lucky it could have been very very bad.

Engineer who checked out my motor did say to me he spent a small fortune when they were tracking, at this rate might have to go back to work again :)

Reactions: vwtrev

Deleted member 103408

Off topic but for those who have not seen it have a read of this

https://forums.seatcupra.net/index.php?threads/significant-forum-upgrade.443849/page-8#post-4876438

Just an update. Wheels now in motion to upgrade to XF2 and the new UI.X theme for XF2. No timescales yet, but will be starting with a vanilla install and having a play. Will update as things go.

As part of this due to the good mobile support, I intend to drop support for Tapatalk, unless I can be convinced there would be uproar from our community :) I weaned myself off it a good 6 months ago and haven't felt the need for it.

Please give feedback to the above thread if Tapatalk access is important to you

vwtrev

Flying Banana
Oct 29, 2015
Essex, united kingdom
Bad day at Snetterton, seems my stage 2 clutch is not man enough for my car. So 4 laps completed. On a positive note my new lsd is great.

If anyone wants to go Brands Hatch on 2nd Sept place is up for grabs. Should be £129 but £110 for cash to SEATcupra.net members (PayPal to me) as my gearbox will be off car.

Cheers Trevor

Deleted member 103408

Sorry to hear that, there have been a lot of motors having bad breaks in the last month or so.

Anway glad to hear the LSD is working well and hopefully we can get together next year.

Reactions: vwtrev

Deleted member 103408

All booked for
With Javelin.

Sparkie, wont be making it I am afraid. Got to take my daughter to hospital

Its to late to cancel but the garage will be there if you want to use it.

Anybody else fancy a track day at bedford, let me know happy to let this go for a resonable price.

Reactions: Sparkie

Sparkie

Angling Adict.
Sep 25, 2009
Middlesex
Sparkie, wont be making it I am afraid. Got to take my daughter to hospital

Its to late to cancel but the garage will be there if you want to use it.

Anybody else fancy a track day at bedford, let me know happy to let this go for a resonable price.

Y pal mike couldn’t get on there. It was fully booked. We will have your slot buddy.

Nizza

May 17, 2019
Bad day at Snetterton, seems my stage 2 clutch is not man enough for my car. So 4 laps completed. On a positive note my new lsd is great.

If anyone wants to go Brands Hatch on 2nd Sept place is up for grabs. Should be £129 but £110 for cash to SEATcupra.net members (PayPal to me) as my gearbox will be off car.

Cheers Trevor
Sorry to hear about the car

What clutch did you go for as I'm looking now and would rather not break it. Will be runing around 350ish after the build.

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.