Mk5 Ibiza 6j 2.0tdi FR

jdmsx

Away washing the car
Well a new camshaft sensor was tried on the car, unfortunately to no luck. Car is going off to the auto electricians today to be checked over next week. Will still be at Cumbriavag this weekend, so if you see a bronze mk2 golf and a black Skoda Fabia parked up then I’ll be hanging around there probably!

Still trying to keep positive about all this, hopefully by next week i’ll have some more answers...

Last edited:
Reactions: Kibby

Kibby

Jul 12, 2013
Belfast
You seem to be handling it well mate

Really hope it all goes smooth for you now and it gets sorted, cant help but feel like it will always leave a bad taste in your mouth.

jdmsx

Away washing the car
You seem to be handling it well mate

Really hope it all goes smooth for you now and it gets sorted, cant help but feel like it will always leave a bad taste in your mouth.
I’ve had my really low points over the past few months with the situation in regards to the car, trying not to let myself slip into it again.

I’m thinking the same mate, but I don’t wanna give up on it

jdmsx

Away washing the car
Got the car back last Thursday after having the engine loom stripped back and wiring checked at an auto electricians, they couldn’t seem to find a fault with the wiring and re-protected it all. Relayed this info onto the garage which handles the mechanical side of things, they scanned the car again, yet this time no codes appeared. So they told me to take the car away, drive it and return when the car goes into limp mode again, and lone behold, the car hasn’t had any problems in the past week driving back and fourth to work. Fingers crossed this continues!

The car has seriously been neglected over the past 4 months so this weekend I made the most of the sun and got to giving the car a good seeing to.

Tasks completed this weekend:
Interior hoovered out
Matte black sunstrip added
Front grille painted gloss black after peeling the old plastidip off
Exterior cleaned, polished, quick detailer, and finished with hydrophobic spray on top
Little mess about looking at how the antenna base comes off, I have an audi shark fin to put on but has a female connector, while the Seat uses a male connector so will have to buy a sacrificial antenna off ebay and do some soldering magic which I’m inexperienced with but would love to learn a new skill.

Few photos for your viewing pleasure:
95300AEB-8604-46FD-A372-191EBEEE9702.jpeg
E7C57D4E-8E89-475C-ACAA-8E0DEC55AFEF.jpeg
A88D4026-4E29-4D5A-9D42-47E222CB557C.jpeg

C704BCA9-9E60-4AE7-9C8C-658496800A79.jpeg

51EC1C09-46E1-4053-ABEA-3E5426C3006D.jpeg

FYI - The website seems to prefer uploading “Portrait” iPhone photos instead of normal photos as it says the file type is too large, although portrait ones seem to come out better quality...

Reactions: Legojon

jdmsx

Away washing the car
First free weekend in a while to be able to do car things. New drop-links, typical maintenance wash and installed a USDM light kit. Hopefully will have a good update later this month if all goes to plan, some nice changes coming soon!

Also lowered it a bit more a few weeks back too so less arch gap just how it should be:thumbup:
C7D3619D-7CED-4569-A6F6-493946DD6BE2.jpeg

EAD84C4D-009E-49F4-8D29-50E695D74920.jpeg

Reactions: bigT's lcr

jdmsx

Away washing the car
Little update...Finally managed to find someone to paint and fit my side-skirts and spoiler so will hopefully have that all sorted by the weekend! I’ve also finally managed to source a set of wheels which I’m really pleased with, just have to wait on them being delivered now:thumbup:

Will be driving to Edition38 at the end of the month for the weekend so I’m really hoping everything comes together pretty quick. Should look like a completely different car!

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
All set up at Edition38! 7hrs of travelling this afternoon. Now time to drink beer and eat BBQ. If you are here, I’d love to meet other members, so say Hi if around:cheers:
zxNRl4P.jpg
I think there's a citrus yellow/green mk2 Cupra with vag alliance there give him a shout out lol

Reactions: jdmsx

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
Looks good from the Instagram stuff I've seen.

The ibiza owners club is there from what I see. Should be fun. I should of sent you loads of our forum cards to give to people haha

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
Anything to help out the forum! I’ve never been really recognised from the Ibiza Owners Club so wasn’t invited or asked to be on their camp
Nice bunch of people, go say hello. I think the main one from memory is a lady in a white ibiza with gold alloys and air ride.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.