Empty Slot in Boot Tool Kit

lm_92

Jul 5, 2015

lm_92

Jul 5, 2015
Thanks for the response. Yeah it could be that, I just wondered if anyone knew for sure. I kinda want whatever it is, purely for OCD purposes :roflmao:

GrayT

I'm Old
Jul 7, 2004
London
Very slightly off topic I would swap that kit out for the spacesaver wheel kit. I never trust tyre weld. There is still room to retain the compressor and store it in the tyre recess area.

robby71

Sep 3, 2005
Yorkshire, UK
Very slightly off topic I would swap that kit out for the spacesaver wheel kit. I never trust tyre weld. There is still room to retain the compressor and store it in the tyre recess area.

That's what i've done :) should be up for sale next week if new car deal work out :drive1:

Mr Pig

Jun 17, 2015
I'd be very reluctant to buy a car that can't take at least a space saver. Have full-sided spares in all our Seats.

Seastormer

Cupra Leon VZ2 300/CBF1000
Apr 25, 2014
Edinburgh (Scotland)
I'd be very reluctant to buy a car that can't take at least a space saver. Have full-sided spares in all our Seats.
I'm with you on that one, I always wangled an alloy wheel spare into my deals back in the days when they gave a steel spare as standard. Never had a pump kit, always at least a space saver spare.

Mr Pig

Jun 17, 2015
I'm with you on that one, I always wangled an alloy wheel spare into my deals back in the days when they gave a steel spare as standard. Never had a pump kit, always at least a space saver spare.

I carry the pump as well because.. you never know.

Seastormer

Apr 25, 2014
Edinburgh (Scotland)
I carry the pump as well because.. you never know.
For the "you never know" moments I have in my boot a lightweight racing trolley jack, a rechargeable impact driver gun, a Noco battery starter and both a plug in inflator and footpump as well as the all usual oil/coolant etc stuff.

Mr Pig

Jun 17, 2015
For the "you never know" moments I have in my boot a lightweight racing trolley jack, a rechargeable impact driver gun, a Noco battery starter and both a plug in inflator and footpump as well as the all usual oil/coolant etc stuff.

That's a lot!

You shouldn't need the impact driver if you've torqued the nuts in the first place. Oh, another thing I carry is a spare plastic dodah for pulling off the wheel nut covers. If you break or loose that you'll have a heck of a time getting them off.

I wouldn't carry coolant as water will do until you get home. If you carry jump leads then every passing car is a battery starter ;0)

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
I wouldn't carry coolant as water will do until you get home. If you carry jump leads then every passing car is a battery starter ;0)

On long trips I take a 2L bottle of water (then don't have to worry so much if it does spill in the boot). And one of these, so I don't have to worry about finding a donor car (assuming it works the one time I need it).
upload_2019-9-6_9-7-53.jpeg

Seastormer

Apr 25, 2014
Edinburgh (Scotland)
On long trips I take a 2L bottle of water (then don't have to worry so much if it does spill in the boot). And one of these, so I don't have to worry about finding a donor car (assuming it works the one time I need it).
View attachment 9753
They do work, as even after 5 months in the boot mine was still showing full charge and started one of our office diesel vans no bother.

Reactions: Legojon

Mr Pig

Jun 17, 2015
On long trips I take a 2L bottle of water...

I work on the assumption that water is not hard to find.

Years ago we went on a cycle trip, some off-road over a big hill then along a canal path for about sixteen miles. A guy joined us who was new to the game and never done anything like this. He had a big packpack on and while we were up the hill he was pulling stuff out of it. He had two 3L bottles of water. TWO! I said to him 'where are you going, the moon?' He also had a large can of WD40.

Reactions: Legojon
Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.