Leon CUPRA 290 Lux stopping production

Ruddmeister

Everything in Moderation
Jun 23, 2003
Weston-super-Mare
en.wikipedia.org
So I'm being told the Leon CUPRA 2019 290 Lux is stopping production, I was told the last of them are tickling through now but that's it for production.

Yes I did do a search, didn't see anything?

Is this just someone trying to lease me a non-Lux car to get the deal? Or given the new Leon CUPRA revised model is next year possibly?? Is this true???

Maypack

Ambassador for Cumberland Sausage
Apr 20, 2014
Gods Country - West Cumbria
I was told by my local dealer that they are stopping temporarily and it will return with a slightly different spec. One of the changes is removal of Leather Seats and replacement with Alcantara Bucket Seats.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: milner575

milner575

Jun 10, 2012
hereford
I was told by my local dealer that they are stopping temporarily and it will return with a slightly different spec. One of the changes is removal of Leather Seats and replacement with Alcantara Bucket Seats.

I’m borderline ordering a cupra and trying to decide between the standard one and the lux. This has just thrown another spanner right in the works lol

milner575

Jun 10, 2012
hereford
I’m trying to decide if the lux is worth the extra to be honest. Do the 19 cars all come with digital clocks now do you know?

Betts-4

Jul 11, 2019
The new 2020 model was released Monday,lucky for me as I changed from a xellence lux to a cupra and could not order the old Lux as the new one came out.I waited a week and now have it on order :).

Only difference is small
Increase in price and lux gets the bucket seats in Alacantra over sports seats in alacantra

Reactions: chrisjgill

Drebin2003

Aug 16, 2016
Ow I’m glad iv seen this I have. 2016 cupra but want to change for a lux so is there any difference in colours options etc so want the the side skirts and sunroof

Betts-4

Jul 11, 2019
Ow I’m glad iv seen this I have. 2016 cupra but want to change for a lux so is there any difference in colours options etc so want the the side skirts and sunroof
Same colours as far as I’m aware as I asked having seen a navy like colour in brochure but was not available to order or it was the grey which looks a bit blue at times :0

Loxy

Aug 28, 2019
Just ordered a Leon Cupra 290 Lux DSG. I say just, the process started on the 12th.

It was an EZ designation so I had no option over seats and have got the micro-suede buckets. I didn't go for the ACC pack (though brochure says it's standard on Lux) and I didn't go for the sunroof. Apart from colours they were the only options offered.

It's a factory order but a lease and the company didn't know that certain colours had been dropped so I had originally tried to order Mystery Blue.

Choices were:

(Metallic)
Midnight Black
Magnetic Grey
Urban Silver
Nevada White

(or non-metallic)
Emocion Red

I've now gone for Magnetic Grey.

Finance signed yesterday and I've received confirmation the supplying dealer has accepted the order. I was told on the 12th that it is 12-16 a week wait as there are none in UK stock, out I've a feeling this might be optimistic. Time will tell!

Betts-4

Jul 11, 2019
Forgive me if I’m wrong but ACC adadptive cruise control ?

If so yes mine will have it as I have been told and it’s on my spec for uk Lux

No I don’t have it yet but I’m 99 percent sure we get it

Betts-4

Jul 11, 2019
Then I stand corrected.

This was the reply I got from London main dealer

So the Leon Cupra is indeed getting a few updates for My2020,

The updates and differences are as follows:

Cupra

• Cupra 19” machined alloy wheels
  • Cupra drive profile
  • Convenience pack
  • Sports seats in microsuede (previously name Alcantara)
Cupra LUX

• Heated Bucket seats in Microsuede
  • Adaptive cruise control (ACC)
  • Keyless entry and wireless phone charging
  • Safety pack ( tiredness recognition system)

Reactions: Maypack and Loxy

Keri Stacey

Oct 26, 2018
The new 2020 model was released Monday,lucky for me as I changed from a xellence lux to a cupra and could not order the old Lux as the new one came out.I waited a week and now have it on order :).

Only difference is small
Increase in price and lux gets the bucket seats in Alacantra over sports seats in alacantra
Hi, is there anything different on the 2020 model. The one I had delivered on 1st March this year got stolen after 8 weeks. I've now ordered a new one last week and it says new 2020 model. Just wondered if there was anything new with it coming to end of model before the new version comes out next year, cheers

Metaliban

Aug 2, 2019
Hi, is there anything different on the 2020 model. The one I had delivered on 1st March this year got stolen after 8 weeks. I've now ordered a new one last week and it says new 2020 model. Just wondered if there was anything new with it coming to end of model before the new version comes out next year, cheers
This is what the dealer sent me when I enquired about MY20 changes

upload_2019-9-4_10-6-6.png

Reactions: Keri Stacey
SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise