Tuning 1.0 tsi 115 engine options

Stagsfell

Feb 16, 2015
Regarding 1.0TSI 115 vs EcoBoost 1.0T 140, ever noticed that the Fiesta 140 is 'only' 0.2 sec faster to 62mph? So where did the 25PS go? Or is the Fiesta 140 a true 140ps, where as the 1.0TSI is actually outputting 120+ PS stock anyway?

I've often wondered that since I've been driving a 140ps Fiesta. Certainly the VW Group 1.0's I've driven have felt a little more "gutsy" at lower rpm. Looking at various tuners "before and after" figures the 115 tsi seems to be around 135ps to start with, the 140 ecoboost around 140-145, so not a lot in it in reality.

SilverPilgrim

Apr 3, 2019
UK
I think the VAG TSI engines hit peak torque earlier than most of the Ford equivalents. In real world situations, the Ibiza would probably be just as quick as the Ford and maybe have the edge in some respects.

The tuning websites I've looked at are showing power increases of between 25-40bhp on the 115. If it's stock at say 130 then I'd love to know if it genuinely will make as much as 170bhp? Haven't seen any data to back that up though.

Considering my old 1.4 FR ran around 180bhp after remapping, the remapped 115 would be a decidedly brisk car...

Stagsfell

Feb 16, 2015
I've often wondered that since I've been driving a 140ps Fiesta. Certainly the VW Group 1.0's I've driven have felt a little more "gutsy" at lower rpm. Looking at various tuners "before and after" figures the 115 tsi seems to be around 135ps to start with, the 140 ecoboost around 140-145, so not a lot in it in reality.
Re-reading my own post I thought it didn't look right. Just rechecked on the Superchips site as an example and the 135 ps is the "after" figure for the 1.0tsi, it shows 119 ps as "before". Still not a huge difference and the various graphs do show the VW torque does come in a bit lower down the rev range. Interesting though that in both cases actual peak torque seems to come in a lot higher up the range (closer to 3,000) than the manufacturers claims of peak torque from around 1500rpm. Certainly not a lot happens in the Fiesta before 2,000rpm!

camelspyyder

2 SEAT-er
Jun 26, 2014
In my experience 1.0TSI and Torque are mutually exclusive. At least the DSG models can disguise it.

Stevoibizafr

Jul 24, 2019
Hi All

I have been stalking forums like these for the last few weeks trying to find info on tuning the seat ibiza fr 115.
I recently bought an 2019 FR sport 115 but although the car is awesome in most respects i was a little underwhelmed by the engine especially the turbo lag i was experiencing.

Over the last week i had been modding my car to try and improve it. I have installed the pedal box from TDUK, I have swapped the air filter for a K&N and yesterday fitted a tuning box from TDI tuning....I have also started using premium 99 petrol.

I am not a mechanic and would definately call myself a beginner with messing with cars yet I have managed to fit all of these on my own with zero issues, no warning lights or any performance issues so far.

The car now feels great and i'm happy, I havn't solved the turbo lag unfortunately at low revs but If you drive it aggressively the tuning box really does respond well, if i'm in 6th at 50mpth and put my foot down nothing will happy still, however I can see this being really fun on twisty A roads.

Hopefully this post will reassure people itching to try a tuning box to go for it, and fingers crossed for the several thousand miles to come.

Reactions: IanH72

IanH72

Jan 20, 2019
Hi All

I have been stalking forums like these for the last few weeks trying to find info on tuning the seat ibiza fr 115.
I recently bought an 2019 FR sport 115 but although the car is awesome in most respects i was a little underwhelmed by the engine especially the turbo lag i was experiencing.

Over the last week i had been modding my car to try and improve it. I have installed the pedal box from TDUK, I have swapped the air filter for a K&N and yesterday fitted a tuning box from TDI tuning....I have also started using premium 99 petrol.

I am not a mechanic and would definately call myself a beginner with messing with cars yet I have managed to fit all of these on my own with zero issues, no warning lights or any performance issues so far.

The car now feels great and i'm happy, I havn't solved the turbo lag unfortunately at low revs but If you drive it aggressively the tuning box really does respond well, if i'm in 6th at 50mpth and put my foot down nothing will happy still, however I can see this being really fun on twisty A roads.

Hopefully this post will reassure people itching to try a tuning box to go for it, and fingers crossed for the several thousand miles to come.
What settings do you have your tuning box set too?

manji

Sep 19, 2010
Portugal
For an otherwise stock car, race chip seems to be a good solution.

Although they do come in at a price similar to a more "individualized" remap.

I have a 115 engine and, for city driving, I find it quite nice. Even on highways it does its job very respectfully.

Stevoibizafr

Jul 24, 2019
For an otherwise stock car, race chip seems to be a good solution.

Although they do come in at a price similar to a more "individualized" remap.

I have a 115 engine and, for city driving, I find it quite nice. Even on highways it does its job very respectfully.
My car is only 2 months old so a remap isn't on the cards, I definitely would consider out of the warranty but the tdi tuning box is great. I'm gonna try and record some bhp and torque results soon and also 0-60. Obd adapter is on its way

Reactions: IanH72 and manji

IanH72

Jan 20, 2019
My car is only 2 months old so a remap isn't on the cards, I definitely would consider out of the warranty but the tdi tuning box is great. I'm gonna try and record some bhp and torque results soon and also 0-60. Obd adapter is on its way
Hi Stevo, can you give me an update on driving your car with your TDI tuning box now you’ve had it a while. Have you had any issues with it, any differences in fuel consumption and does it feel much faster? Would you recommend using it?

Stevoibizafr

Jul 24, 2019
Hi Stevo, can you give me an update on driving your car with your TDI tuning box now you’ve had it a while. Have you had any issues with it, any differences in fuel consumption and does it feel much faster? Would you recommend using it?
Hi Ian
Just come back from some amazing roads in Scotland, such a great drive. 3rd gear feels really good on 60 roads. I've had zero issues but sadly I'm starting to get used to the power so I can't really tell how much different it is anymore. The real test we be when I take all of the mods off for a service, I know it will feel so unresponsive and slow at stock. If you have the money spare treat yourself. I really want to do a 0-60 test but don't know where to do it

Reactions: IanH72

IanH72

Jan 20, 2019
I think the VAG TSI engines hit peak torque earlier than most of the Ford equivalents. In real world situations, the Ibiza would probably be just as quick as the Ford and maybe have the edge in some respects.

The tuning websites I've looked at are showing power increases of between 25-40bhp on the 115. If it's stock at say 130 then I'd love to know if it genuinely will make as much as 170bhp? Haven't seen any data to back that up though.

Considering my old 1.4 FR ran around 180bhp after remapping, the remapped 115 would be a decidedly brisk car...
Being in sales I would say that when a company says an increase of 25 - 40 BHP would mean once tuned it will produce 140 - 155 BHP even if it produces 130 BHP stock.

IanH72

Jan 20, 2019
Hi Ian
Just come back from some amazing roads in Scotland, such a great drive. 3rd gear feels really good on 60 roads. I've had zero issues but sadly I'm starting to get used to the power so I can't really tell how much different it is anymore. The real test we be when I take all of the mods off for a service, I know it will feel so unresponsive and slow at stock. If you have the money spare treat yourself. I really want to do a 0-60 test but don't know where to do it
Hi Stevo, have you managed to do any power, toque and 0-60 tests yet?

Oct 19, 2019
Hello to every one.
I m a new ibiza fr owner and i start to reserach about tuning the engine.
Here in Athens i find 4 tuning companies , all of them tell me that for my engine the top reached is 150ps 25ktorq the prices is about (400-500e)
I will upload VW Polo 6 1L TSI 115ps Stage1 remapped to 138ps (this is only remap without airfilter or exhaust system) this guy told me that if they change some things they will reach 150ps.

Attachments

• 67613517_2396116853808636_2127386740107771904_o.jpg
    67613517_2396116853808636_2127386740107771904_o.jpg
    132.5 KB · Views: 246
Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.