Satnav fault code in OBD11

Tell

Staff member
Probably the right decision. I did live with my second one for a couple of months till I got rid of it. You still be the central Obdeleven system not handling it correctly.

The only thing I'd say is scan, clear, reboot, scan, clear reboot etc... a few times. Full power down after 20 minutes might come into it.

There will be a lot of people with the workaround who wont know they have an SVM error since they don't scan themselves.

Deleted member 103408

I have never done any of this stuff (as my car is to old for these updates) but from an OBD11 Perspective the only other thing that may or may not help is the diagnostic sessions when you go into the control unit you can change it

From memory the dashboard gives you these options

OBD-diagnostic mode
VW-diagnostic mode
End of assembly line mode (EOL)
Development mode

Read more: http://forum.obdeleven.com/thread/3262/control-unit-setup#ixzz5r2uWToq3

Other control units have different options.

Might just be worth seeing if any of these different modes might help.

But bottom line as you say it works fine its just a pain that error message is showing.

jonial

Jonial
Nov 1, 2003
Garstang
www.g4ial.com
I think I have cured my Sat nav error.
Its a long story but when I bought the Arona the mape were 0910. I did update them to 0915 with no problems/ I complained strongly to Seat customer care about the maps being so out of date and as a result my dealer was allowed to order a replacement up to date SD Card. The dealer subsequently update my sat nav and surpris surprise it was ver 0915. As a result I have two SD Cards but with differently dated Overall.nds Files. I did fully backup each of the cards before playing with them.
I obviuosly got confused and put the early dated file on to the later dated one when I updated the maps to the latest version. The penny dropped this morning and I replace the early .nds with the later one and did a full reboot of the system, cleared the fault code, applied the SVM fix and now I have no Fault codes. Yippee

Tell

Staff member
I think I have cured my Sat nav error.
Its a long story but when I bought the Arona the mape were 0910. I did update them to 0915 with no problems/ I complained strongly to Seat customer care about the maps being so out of date and as a result my dealer was allowed to order a replacement up to date SD Card. The dealer subsequently update my sat nav and surpris surprise it was ver 0915. As a result I have two SD Cards but with differently dated Overall.nds Files. I did fully backup each of the cards before playing with them.
I obviuosly got confused and put the early dated file on to the later dated one when I updated the maps to the latest version. The penny dropped this morning and I replace the early .nds with the later one and did a full reboot of the system, cleared the fault code, applied the SVM fix and now I have no Fault codes. Yippee

Glad you have sorted it out. Good to get rid of those tricky SVM errors and not to get them in the first place. They are tricky little so and so's at times.

May 6, 2020
Hi everyone,
I recently did a map update using the OVERALL.NDS workaround on my Seat Leon facelift and now I also get the B126CF2 error.
I tried the SVM fix as mentioned here multiple times already but the error always comes back. This is what I did so far:
  • Remove the SD card from the system and restart by holding the power button for 10 seconds
  • Clear the B126CF2 error
  • Apply the SVM fix (I use CarPort instead of OBD11 to do this)
  • Insert the SD card again
Basically the error appears again as soon as I insert the SD card and scan for errors. I also tried doing this like 10 times but it does not seem to be working.
Could there be something else that I am doing wrong or is it simply not possible to fix this error while using an updated map with the OVERALL.NDS workaround?

Tell

Staff member
Suspect not. The mib2 high you can get rid of them but I don't bother now. I get them after doing a map update.

You could try reverting back to the old maps, never tried it. I wonder whether the clear process clears them on the original it was paired with.

I had suggested to someone that they tried out the more advanced method, search under:

I didn't suggest they get back from where they started from without errors then try the advanced method. It may work, may not. It's what you have to do on some VWs when using out of region maps. That was discovered that it was more fussy so additional editing got those units working.

Basically it's stumbling through the overall.nds file and works but sets flags in the process. Those flags you probably can't get rid of. But you could try the more advanced method if you managed to clear all errors by reverting.

If the reversion works and you are bothered about returning a PCP car with an error, you could always revert back at the end. Ditto on those that like to edit the information file so it looks like the original map. I don't bother.

Everybody is getting the errors across boards in Europe. It's only those that have VCDS tools are aware. I would in any case clear with the card in. Dealers don't bother about these errors.

Let's us know how it goes.

May 6, 2020
@Tell Which advanced method do you mean? The one I found in the overview you linked seems to be for getting maps outside of the region working but that's not a problem that I need to solve. I'm not too bothered about this error but if there is a way to get rid of it then I'd like to try it. My unit is a Mib2 Standard one by the way.

Tell

Staff member
It's putting in all those copies of overall.nds. That hasn't been tested after clearing the original error after reverting back.

The question is whether you can revert it back and clear the error. That hasn't been tested. You would need the card in when you did the clears.

Failing that you are stuck with it.

Tell

Staff member
That's the alternative way of doing it. The error itself isn't an issue, garages aren't bothered by that. The other solution is to hack the navigation FeC which is what you have. You do see free solutions, a variation of the mib2 high tool kit for the standard unit, rather than the high (written by a different author). Think you'll find a Mr Fix it YouTube video. You just got to have the courage since it's meddling with the firmware or pay someone to meddle with it for you, or buy it from them.

The workaround method is free, just leaves a footprint. Probably using the same method as the high tool kit which uses a developers method to get unsigned FeCs in. Bit of code they exploit. Mr Fix or Fixit has a good write up on that which explains the M.I.B. stuff. The standard mib2 toolkit is free... just need the courage. Since the mib2 standard unit isn't mine I would get earache if I messed up the firmware on that. Tinker with my high but not the other, settle for the workaround.

Last edited:

Tell

Staff member
The related project to the mib2 high for the standard is this

This I suspect is getting rid of the error code or you do something similar (the high version clears out SVMs).

I've not tried it... only the high version.

It uses the same keywords as the high one for FeCs so that's the one to give you a FeC upgrade and that bypasses the workaround method. That's also the tool for making it ship shape. As said the guy in the video has published an explanation of how the exception method is used on FeCs which is pretty identical retake of the M.I.B. collective as I call them.

All clever stuff. A back door method to drop their code into the Green Menu which means it brings retrofitter methods closer into the car rather than a work bench indoors with the unit out of the car. But as said in the video, it can kill your unit if used incorrectly.

Reactions: Walone

Tell

Staff member
Yes it isn't for the novice.... mind you if Seat do the dirty and stop supplying the Mapcare updates as they did this time round on the standard unit as the high then you'd be looking for Skoda FeCs. That's what got me into looking at the high version of the toolbox since that is how retrofitters in Spain did it on the Seatclub moderators car and the "m.i.b. collective" with the high toolbox elsewhere. I can see I'd be loading the standard version of the toolkit up if they did that on the partners car.

On the workaround method leaving the error in the unit depends how troubled you are by it, its just a flag of a software change. Across the world there will be thousands of cars all showing that flag. Penalty for Seat being awkward and not giving lifetime Mapcare as Skoda and VW do. Audi is the only other brand that doesn't on the mib2. Some Cupra's got shipped with it in 2019 in Germany and a Vag mistake in one release of the maps where they didnt impose it on Seat.

What you will have got is the error cleared and a lifelong FeC added so you don't need to do the overall.nds copy dance between releases... and the error stays out.

I put how to do the DIY for the high here if you follow the links...

You can either use an existing module for your firmware if one exists (patch), if one doesn't exist a kind soul may write you a dummy for the firmware you have (that was done for me by a member of the board) a dummy patch or you update your firmware to one where a patch exists. That was the problem for the high units 1447 software it is missing language files, so you have to pick them up from an earlier release. Having done that you can use the high toolbox. That was done by one of the posters here. Was a fair bit of misdirection since the route to get to 1447 needs those missing files before you can use the toolbox. They were not missing for everybody and you have to use the developers SWDL menu to top up with what's missing.

It's going to be something similar with the standard toolbox to do FeC edits I guess. 🤗

Last edited:

Walone

Feb 10, 2016
Near Heathrow
The related project to the mib2 high for the standard is this

This I suspect is getting rid of the error code or you do something similar (the high version clears out SVMs).

I've not tried it... only the high version.

It uses the same keywords as the high one for FeCs so that's the one to give you a FeC upgrade and that bypasses the workaround method. That's also the tool for making it ship shape. As said the guy in the video has published an explanation of how the exception method is used on FeCs which is pretty identical retake of the M.I.B. collective as I call them.

All clever stuff. A back door method to drop their code into the Green Menu which means it brings retrofitter methods closer into the car rather than a work bench indoors with the unit out of the car. But as said in the video, it can kill your unit if used incorrectly.
The second video is interesting, I don't know whether I'm brave enough to install and try the toolbox (MIB2 High version), this error has been long term, doesn't seem to be causing any problems though.
1556 - Internal Control Module Memory Check Sum Error
B2000 87 [009] - Missing message
Confirmed - Tested Since Memory Clear
Freeze Frame:
Fault Status: 00000001
Fault Priority: 6
Fault Frequency: 1
Reset counter: 16
Mileage: 28438 km
Date: 2020.01.16
Time: 16:01:39

Voltage terminal 30: 12.1 V
Software module: status-SW_Status_Consistency: 00 08 00
Software module: status-SW_Status_Device: Mmx2Mmx2Mmx2M

Reactions: Tell

Tell

Staff member
The second video is interesting, I don't know whether I'm brave enough to install and try the toolbox (MIB2 High version), this error has been long term, doesn't seem to be causing any problems though.
1556 - Internal Control Module Memory Check Sum Error
B2000 87 [009] - Missing message
Confirmed - Tested Since Memory Clear
Freeze Frame:
Fault Status: 00000001
Fault Priority: 6
Fault Frequency: 1
Reset counter: 16
Mileage: 28438 km
Date: 2020.01.16
Time: 16:01:39

Voltage terminal 30: 12.1 V
Software module: status-SW_Status_Consistency: 00 08 00
Software module: status-SW_Status_Device: Mmx2Mmx2Mmx2M
Well I have been encouraging you to try the mib2 high toolbox. I see the error code does tally with your long standing one. The guy explains it's suppose to be where you have a software update that doesn't move forward. I guess the standard workaround method with the overall.nds file triggers that off since that's what he's talking about and it's the one our friends in East Yorkshire fixed for Jonial above, so it's fixable... I then reckon they went on to give him the standard mib2 unlimited map FeC. We know what they are, they run to a slightly different code sequence to the mib2 high navigation FeCs. Those are promoted as a solution so as to not generate the error code, yet update the standard maps (If worried about the error code).

Chillout wrote the mib2 high tool box code or a chunk of it and I have every confidence that it wouldn't brick your system if applied correctly, engine kept running during installation and the software fixes. What we don't know is whether its a generalised error fixing method when you tap the SVM fix button in the mib2 high tool box. I have run the high version without any issues and cleared the SVM. You would have to have a go and if it didn't then enlist Chillout to get to the bottom of it, although I expect they have generated a fair few error codes in the work they have been doing and addressed it.

As for the mib2 high patch, again I would be confident that the program runs correctly and would restore what it had backed up if there was an issue with the patch. It is designed to work like that.

Reactions: Walone
Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.