Who’s ordered a MY20 Cupra Hatch

Betts-4

Jul 11, 2019
So I’m hoping this thread picks up for us frustrated people who appear to be stuck in a Seat order Q of being messed around

The purpose is to seperate from the original long standing ST thread and Cupra thread

Please post if you have ordered a My20 cupra/lux, the spec, date of order and the BS being currently fed so we can band together and keep track :)

Betts-4

Jul 11, 2019
So I ordered a Cupra lux Mag Grey with Pano roof on July 10th

Updates given so far
July 10th factory confirmed order
Few weeks later Status 10 BW 27th Oct
Then BW 7Th Oct
Factory closed for Aug
Sept update status 00 no BW
Latest today Status 10 BW 5th May 2020 !
Possible delivery in November but who knows !

Betts-4

Jul 11, 2019
BW 5th May 2020?! :blink:
I know hence the thread, I meant to say Seat CS said the order was not accepted until 24th Aug yet I ordered July 10th and have it in writing they said factory accepted it same day !!

motty225

Polestar 2
Sep 11, 2008
Ashby De-La Zouch
It's been like this alot with seat, they always seem to get massively delayed this time of year, I jumped on the cupra 290 deal when they were £131 a month on a personal lease back in 2016, ordered in may/June with a 12 week wait, ended up being delivered late December!

bgb

Jan 22, 2019
I know hence the thread, I meant to say Seat CS said the order was not accepted until 24th Aug yet I ordered July 10th and have it in writing they said factory accepted it same day !!

Apart from your May 2020, it sounds like the timelines are correct? I ordered early January, (MY19), order was accepted but BW not confirmed for another 3ish weeks. Then arrived May.

You also have to consider the model year swap over and factory shut down in August. All that considered, December doesn't seem too unrealistic?

Gunslinger300

Oct 12, 2017
Glasgow
Lucky a local dealer had a standard Cupra in the showroom back in July jumped on it there and then although not the greatest deal.

£265 6+23 8K PA

Think I will be changing brand after hearing some of your guys stories. Ridiculous!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Betts-4

Jul 11, 2019
Thing is I’m not sure what rivals the performance and style (subtle beast) which I like for the same price of around £21g for a cupra lux

I had a golf R prev and got a great deal but hated it and was worth like 37g and I was to scared to enjoy it. I paid nowhere near that and got rid quite quick and made most of money back luckily

Reactions: MXP2090

Betts-4

Jul 11, 2019
Lol I’m annoyed because I want it now because it’s so good,I moan because I can but I’m going to wait regardless !! Once I have it I’ll forget the wait but WINTER is coming so this heated bucket seats best be here :)

Reactions: MXP2090

The Daily Meme

Insta: @thatredcupra
Jan 3, 2018
Cambridge
I am about to place an order for MY20 Cupra 290 Lux.
I have been told by the dealer that lead time is 10-12 weeks. Maybe so for a Leon, but a cupra by the sounds of things will be longer.

I don't want to have what happened in the past where they start changing the spec sheet and people dont get what they ordered because they discontinue something before the car gets built.

As for changing brand, I've had my Leon for 2 years, Nicest car I've driven in the price range i can afford. And as someone said, Sleeper cars if you get a Cupra. Brother is getting an M140i but is having to pay considerably more to get close to the spec sheet of a 290 lux.
:seatgod:

Reactions: Betts-4 and Kirky
Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.