Carista App

HighFlyingBird

2016 Leon FR 1.4 150 in Chilli Red 2019 - 2020
Jan 15, 2019
Leeds
VW Changed a number of configurations / setup of the underlying control modules, you will notice on OBD11 Coding differences on Pre and Post facelift cars as a result.
I knew the modules for the lights were different and that's why facelift lights can't be retrofit but didn't know almost every electronic had been changed

Deleted member 103408

not every one just some major changes along with earlier removeing long coding from bcm module.

Deleted member 103408

Evolution of a system, they are always fiddling with the setup, they change names and move stuff around over the years.

I guess they get feedback from the service network
Add new stuff in that means they need to change the basics
Improve performance of an ECU but chaning.
Save money on parts (like the rain closing sensor) so that old stuff is no longer requed
etc etc etc

Don't forget some of these tools are licensed by VAG to have access to the cars systems.
If they wanted to stop you making changes to stuff they could do that very easily.

Syerate

Sep 6, 2019
It's definitely in the other section for me, I've highlighted it in the screenshot. Have you updated the app itself to the beta version in the play store or used the test flight thing if you're on iOS?

I7jDc0d.png

In terms of the "Driving mode button always in red", is this refering to the button itself or the Ambient Lighting LED's (in the door card) being always red no matter which driving mode? As I am looking for that.

HighFlyingBird

Jan 15, 2019
Leeds
In terms of the "Driving mode button always in red", is this refering to the button itself or the Ambient Lighting LED's (in the door card) being always red no matter which driving mode? As I am looking for that.
It's for the button itself, I don't think theres a way to specify which colour you want the doors to be without using the individual mode unless you have the facelift model, which has way more colours to pick from

Don1961

Apr 11, 2019
It's definitely in the other section for me, I've highlighted it in the screenshot. Have you updated the app itself to the beta version in the play store or used the test flight thing if you're on iOS?

I7jDc0d.png
It's definately not there :( I've emailed Carisa with the question.... is it only applcable to pre facelift cars. In the meantime, I took the switch apart and put a piece of red cellophane (from a quality street wrapper) inside the push button. Seems to work OK

HighFlyingBird

Jan 15, 2019
Leeds
It's definately not there :( I've emailed Carisa with the question.... is it only applcable to pre facelift cars. In the meantime, I took the switch apart and put a piece of red cellophane (from a quality street wrapper) inside the push button. Seems to work OK
That's a shame. Maybe if you can see what kind of LED/bulb is on the circuit board you could try swap the orange one for a red one if you fancy dabbling with a soldering iron. At least the cellophane is doing the trick for now

Apr 28, 2019
I was wondering if anyone knows if it’s possible to enable the automatic lights and automatic wipers using Carista in the facelift Leon, once the sensor and light switch has been changed. Have read it is possible with obd11 but can’t seem to find anything on carista. TIA

HighFlyingBird

Jan 15, 2019
Leeds
I was wondering if anyone knows if it’s possible to enable the automatic lights and automatic wipers using Carista in the facelift Leon, once the sensor and light switch has been changed. Have read it is possible with obd11 but can’t seem to find anything on carista. TIA
It requires long coding which carista doesn't have. You can do long coding in OBD11 or using an actual VCDS unit, or pay one of the many people offering to do VCDS tweaks on Facebook marketplace and Gumtree to do it for/with you

Joe_3490

Sep 20, 2010
Well got myself added onto the BETA again and so many options to play with
Park pilot visual activated. Missed that for last few days since I got the car.
Coming home lights activated
MFD carbon fibre background.
Need to play with it more when I get time

HighFlyingBird

Jan 15, 2019
Leeds
Well got myself added onto the BETA again and so many options to play with
Park pilot visual activated. Missed that for last few days since I got the car.
Coming home lights activated
MFD carbon fibre background.
Need to play with it more when I get time
MFD carbon fibre background is much nicer than the default one, there's a MIB theme to go with it too, you can switch between the themes in the green diagnostics menu you access by holding down the menu button on the MIB, so you can change between the 3 themes without using Carista

Joe_3490

Sep 20, 2010
MFD carbon fibre background is much nicer than the default one, there's a MIB theme to go with it too, you can switch between the themes in the green diagnostics menu you access by holding down the menu button on the MIB, so you can change between the 3 themes without using Carista
Mine only has the 2 buttons for main menu and full link,

When i held the home screen one it just came up with menu for software info not background options. but im on full link screen most the time for Waze (When full link works)

need to find time to have a proper play with the options on the car

davidstarkey11

Jun 7, 2015
Newcastle upon Tyne
Mine only has the 2 buttons for main menu and full link,

When i held the home screen one it just came up with menu for software info not background options. but im on full link screen most the time for Waze (When full link works)

need to find time to have a proper play with the options on the car

If you hold the button down for ~5 seconds you get the Service Menu. If you hold it down for ~20-30 seconds you get the additional Service Menu (this lets you access the Engineering Menu, and other various test / service menus).

Apr 4, 2019
Hi all,

Is it possible to have the back lighting in the dashboard/media unit on at all times via Carista? Very frustrating how it sometimes feels dark enough that they should be on... but it hasn't kicked in yet

Joe_3490

Sep 20, 2010
Hi all,

Is it possible to have the back lighting in the dashboard/media unit on at all times via Carista? Very frustrating how it sometimes feels dark enough that they should be on... but it hasn't kicked in yet
In the BETA version there is an option for Gauges to be lit when lights are off. Also needle to be lit when lights are off.

I have found Needle to work but not gauges

kevster184

Mar 14, 2015
I have a '15 plate Leon FR, having issues with one or both wing mirrors not folding. Could well be an electronic issue.

Is Carista any good for diagnosing this, ie showing switch/motor fault etc?

Nov 19, 2019
I've got the carbon background on my instrument display but not the centre screen. Can anyone let me know which one it is?

Allan did you ever figure this out? Just change my theme to the carbon and the same as you its only changed the main scrren and not the instrument display.

If not anyone know how?

davebnly

I LOVE BOOST!
Aug 27, 2006
Lancashire
Not sure if its been mentioned already (haven't had time to read the whole thread)
For Anyone with facelift 2017-> The auto handbrake was annoying at hill starts. On the normal setting it holds on too long and meant sometimes i would stall (not good). change the handbrake setting to release early on both flat and hillstart and its works like a dream! (recommend for manual gearbox only BTW, I imagine it would properly mess It up on DSG)
Also added needle sweep and alarm keeps, but everyone does that. Going to investigate the direct throttle response today as have a long drive to try it out.

Reactions: hunter918
Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.