Cupra 290 Lux - SEAT Sound + Winter Pack

The Daily Meme

Insta: @thatredcupra
Jan 3, 2018
Cambridge
I am trying to clear up some confusion.

I understand the 300, (pre 2019 Cupra) had the option to add SEAT sound, however I don't see that as an option on any of the leon's in the brochure anymore. Perhaps if someone has a 290 lux they might be able to attest to the sound quality of the sound system that comes as standard with the car?

Also, my current leon has the winter pack, and again this is not even an optional extra on the cupra. The 290 Lux does come with heated seats, but it does not specify anywhere else whether the heated spray nozzles and headlight washers come with the car or not. I have seen it written elsewhere before, and looking at photos of 290's they do have the headlight washers but again could someone with a 290 clarify this?

My other concern that Desire Red is no longer an option on a Cupra :( sad times. I don't like the blue grey of Magnetic Grey and I wont have one in white.

I am looking to buy one this month and I just want to clarify what it is I will be buying.

Thanks in advance

Deleted member 103408

SEAT Sound is no longer available, There was a small batch of cars that had Beats Audio instead but i am sure i read thats gone now as well.

Others can confirm quality and other questions.

Titchy

Jun 10, 2017
Buckinghamshire
I am trying to clear up some confusion.

I understand the 300, (pre 2019 Cupra) had the option to add SEAT sound, however I don't see that as an option on any of the leon's in the brochure anymore. Perhaps if someone has a 290 lux they might be able to attest to the sound quality of the sound system that comes as standard with the car?

Also, my current leon has the winter pack, and again this is not even an optional extra on the cupra. The 290 Lux does come with heated seats, but it does not specify anywhere else whether the heated spray nozzles and headlight washers come with the car or not. I have seen it written elsewhere before, and looking at photos of 290's they do have the headlight washers but again could someone with a 290 clarify this?

I am looking to buy one this month and I just want to clarify what it is I will be buying.

Thanks in advance

Welcome to SEAT strange option selections....

So yes SEAT Sound was removed and replaced by Beats then this was removed completely.

I have a 3dr mk3 FR with the standard system and a cupra with the SEAT sound. Standard is pretty good tbf..... SSS is has more mid tones and bass. As for beats I had a demo for a week and quite frankly found it crap. Way too much bass to the point it distorted most things played.

As for winter pack the lux has it all. And a bonus is the lux comes with alcantara bucket seats not leather anymore thank god.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: The Daily Meme

The Daily Meme

Jan 3, 2018
Cambridge
SEAT Sound is no longer available, There was a small batch of cars that had Beats Audio instead but i am sure i read thats gone now as well.

Others can confirm quality and other questions.
What a shame... Seems like my choice car is rapidly being degraded. Here's to hoping CVM group have something in stock based on the reports i'm seeing of people waiting months for their cars to arrive.

The Daily Meme

Jan 3, 2018
Cambridge
Welcome to SEAT strange option selections....

So yes SEAT Sound was removed and replaced by Beats then this was removed completely.

I have a 3dr mk3 FR with the standard system and a cupra with the SEAT sound. Standard is pretty good tbf..... SSS is has more mid tones and bass. As for beats I had a demo for a week and quite frankly found it crap. Way too much bass to the point it distorted most things played.

As for winter pack the lux has it all. And a bonus is the lux comes with alcantara bucket seats not leather anymore thank god.

Good to hear,
Still disappointing that they wont do them in Desire Red anymore.

Betts-4

Jul 11, 2019
What a shame... Seems like my choice car is rapidly being degraded. Here's to hoping CVM group have something in stock based on the reports i'm seeing of people waiting months for their cars to arrive.
Say that again

People probably bored of me saying now

Ordered July 10th and being told possibly 2020 delivery up to May !

Cupra lux hatch with pano roof mag grey

The Daily Meme

Jan 3, 2018
Cambridge
Say that again

People probably bored of me saying now

Ordered July 10th and being told possibly 2020 delivery up to May !

Cupra lux hatch with pano roof mag grey

Do you think the option of the sun roof might have changed your wait time? Out of curiosity, what made you want to get a sun roof on the car?

Betts-4

Jul 11, 2019
Do you think the option of the sun roof might have changed your wait time? Out of curiosity, what made you want to get a sun roof on the car?
Based on what I have heard no most people have extended wait times mostly caused by factory closing in Aug and lots of orders

Good question about the roof,I liked how it looked actually almost like having a black roof, in summer nice to open it up and just think it’s a nice option to have rather than not have.

The Daily Meme

Jan 3, 2018
Cambridge
Based on what I have heard no most people have extended wait times mostly caused by factory closing in Aug and lots of orders

Good question about the roof,I liked how it looked actually almost like having a black roof, in summer nice to open it up and just think it’s a nice option to have rather than not have.

As an £800 option, and the only optional extra available on a cupra lux worth getting, I am half tempted to get it since it would be an extra £10 a month

KXL

KXL
Dec 15, 2016
London, UK
Standard sound is really good for stock (though actually this is the mid-range one, entry level one only had 6 speakers, judging from the pre-FL mk3 brouchure). According to the dealer when I was there and after they compared the parts between a SSS and their stock 8 speaker setup, the SSS adds one center speaker in dash, and one sub, and 2 'different' rear door speakers. The fronts are the same speakers...tweeters are all the same. I did sit in a Cupra with SSS, and using the same music from my SD card, and listening back to back, the SSS has more 'obviously' bass as it has the sub. However unless I'm in a silent car, when moving at speed, I don't think I would know which system was which. Nowhere did it show where there migh have been an amp nor did it show on the parts lists the showed me. Perhaps that's why it has a '135watt' amp, probably just from the headunit. I believe Beats actually had an amp under the front passenger seat.

Maypack

Ambassador for Cumberland Sausage
Apr 20, 2014
Gods Country - West Cumbria
I’ve got a Desire Red 67 plate CUPRA 300 with Seat Sound and the Winter pack and I love it.

Having heard Seat Sound compared to Beats in my opinion Seat Sound is better.

To be honest I’m not too sure I could move on to a Mk3 290 Copra or even the Mk4 CUPRA as I like mine so much.

I may end up moving to an Ateca at sometime.

Reactions: The Daily Meme

The Daily Meme

Jan 3, 2018
Cambridge
I’ve got a Desire Red 67 plate CUPRA 300 with Seat Sound and the Winter pack and I love it.

Having heard Seat Sound compared to Beats in my opinion Seat Sound is better.

To be honest I’m not too sure I could move on to a Mk3 290 Copra or even the Mk4 CUPRA as I like mine so much.

I may end up moving to an Ateca at sometime.

Brilliant, so initially I wanted to get a 300 with all the extras. Unfortunately there about 10 on the market at the minute. And only 2 with the options I wanted. Even 2017 plate 300's have held their value very well.

Since I have a reward scheme with my place of work i am able to get a new Cupra Lux 290 with every option and all inclusive maintenance package for £360 a month over 48 months. No brainer really when PCP deals for a 300 were coming in at £350-£400 without maintenance.

I would prefer a 300, but I will happily save the money and have a car that has only been driven by me. Some novelty in that I guess but it works for me.

Sadly magnetic grey will be the only colour I could go with since Desire red and mystery blue have been discontinued. Shame.

EDIT: for reference I comfortably do 15,000 miles a year hence the inflated cost on standard deals.

Reactions: Maypack

Maypack

Apr 20, 2014
By getting a 290 Lux you may lose out on the winter pack and Seat Sound but you gain Bucket Seats and ACC (adaptive cruise control). Both options I would live to have had.

Get one I’m sure you won’t be disappointed, that is unless you need to hear your car pop and bang as the 290 is quieter than the 300.

The Daily Meme

Jan 3, 2018
Cambridge
By getting a 290 Lux you may lose out on the winter pack and Seat Sound but you gain Bucket Seats and ACC (adaptive cruise control). Both options I would live to have had.

Get one I’m sure you won’t be disappointed, that is unless you need to hear your car pop and bang as the 290 is quieter than the 300.

It definitely doesn’t have Seat Sound but I’m not overly fussed about that I just wanted to know. My current Leon doesn’t have it and it sounds fine. Perhaps just a little tiny at low volume.

Again winter pack is on my car at the moment. But really all I want from it is the heated seats which come as standard on the 290 lux.

Only thing I’m bummed about really is the lack of colour choices.

Oh and the 300/290 sound difference. I’ve listened to 290’s and 300’s and after a 290 has been run in they sound very similar. The 300 is a little louder but hardly noticeable and as it’s a commuter car that shouldn’t bother me too much. I’ve also read a review today that made use of a dB meter to compare mk2 265, a mk3 300 and a mk3 290 and both mk3 were pretty similar before a res delete.

My last question really that I need to answer before I sign on the dotted line is do I go for a service charge on the car. Includes tyres, breaks, servicing, MOT etc but comes at the cost of £70 a month for 4 years with an initial payment of £400.

Or I do all the servicing myself with Tony from the local industrial estate and have the car for £300 a month instead of £369.

May require a separate thread on that one. I honestly don’t know what the running costs on these will be.

I’ve had my mk3 sport coupe 1.8 FR for two years. 3 services, and two new tyres over 30,000 miles and that’s about it. Can’t see the car costing me another 3k in maintenance. Especially on a Cupra from new. I don’t know, so I need to answer that question before I sign up.

Maypack

Apr 20, 2014
Does the maintenance for tyres cover Michelin PS4S tyres as they will be the ones you want.. and at around £500 for four might not be included in the price.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.