Cupra 290 Lux - SEAT Sound + Winter Pack

The Daily Meme

Insta: @thatredcupra
Jan 3, 2018
Cambridge
Does the maintenance for tyres cover Michelin PS4S tyres as they will be the ones you want.. and at around £500 for four might not be included in the price.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I’m waiting for the paperwork to come through so I can go through and check all the small print. I suspect there would be a limit on the number of tyre changes you can have as well. To be honest I think I might be better off not agreeing to pay for it and then just get the car serviced under my own steam.

dsj20v

Dec 6, 2007
hampshire
£70per month is awful, so £3360 over the term, even 3 sets of ps4s, 3 services and an mot will only come to £2200 give or take

Kirky

Copper Cupra Advocate
Apr 10, 2019
Welcome to SEAT strange option selections....

So yes SEAT Sound was removed and replaced by Beats then this was removed completely.

I have a 3dr mk3 FR with the standard system and a cupra with the SEAT sound. Standard is pretty good tbf..... SSS is has more mid tones and bass. As for beats I had a demo for a week and quite frankly found it crap. Way too much bass to the point it distorted most things played.

As for winter pack the lux has it all. And a bonus is the lux comes with alcantara bucket seats not leather anymore thank god.

The Lux doesn't have the winter pack anymore. They replaced it with safety pack which is rear seatbelt warning and tiredness warning. Heated nozzles and headlight washers have gone.

Titchy

Jun 10, 2017
Buckinghamshire
The Lux doesn't have the winter pack anymore. They replaced it with safety pack which is rear seatbelt warning and tiredness warning. Heated nozzles and headlight washers have gone.

Damn sorry if I caused any confusion.

WTF are Seat doing? Does my head in. We’ve been looking at getting an ateca but same deal if you want acc and heated seats you have to have leather.... why I don’t want leather. Anyway that’s another rant for a different thread

SRGTD

May 26, 2014

Is the removal of heated nozzles and headlamp washers a big issue though?

IMO, heated washer jets can be of limited value if the washer fluid isn’t at the correct concentration for winter use. In sub-zero conditions, if the washer fluid concentration is too low, it can freeze in the flexible tubing between the jets and the washer fluid reservoir, and in those circumstances heated jets won’t help with being able to use your windscreen washers.

I don’t find headlamp washers to be very effective at cleaning headlamps either; they do a great job of using up your washer fluid though, and spraying washer fluid all over the bonnet - particularly annoying if you’ve just washed the car!

The Daily Meme

Jan 3, 2018
Cambridge

IMO, heated washer jets can be of limited value if the washer fluid isn’t at the correct concentration for winter use. In sub-zero conditions, if the washer fluid concentration is too low, it can freeze in the flexible tubing between the jets and the washer fluid reservoir, and in those circumstances heated jets won’t help with being able to use your windscreen washers.

I don’t find headlamp washers to be very effective at cleaning headlamps either; they do a great job of using up your washer fluid though, and spraying washer fluid all over the bonnet - particularly annoying if you’ve just washed the car!
I’m with you on that, my current car has the winter pack and the only thing I’m grateful for is the heated seats. And I’m pleased to hear that the Cupra Lux comes with heated Alcantara bucket seats. Providing the spec sheet doesn’t change between now and next week.

£70per month is awful, so £3360 over the term, even 3 sets of ps4s, 3 services and an mot will only come to £2200 give or take
That’s what I was thinking but if you add the cost of 4-5 services on as well, plus maybe a set of brakes. It’s a little on the pricey side, but then again. If I want to spread the cost over time I’ll just put it in a credit card.

The Daily Meme

Jan 3, 2018
Cambridge

WTF are Seat doing? Does my head in. We’ve been looking at getting an ateca but same deal if you want acc and heated seats you have to have leather.... why I don’t want leather. Anyway that’s another rant for a different thread

Might as well get a 290 Lux. Comes with alcantara heated seats.

Loadmaster748

Roll on summer.....
Aug 2, 2019
Surrey, UK
I am trying to clear up some confusion.

I understand the 300, (pre 2019 Cupra) had the option to add SEAT sound, however I don't see that as an option on any of the leon's in the brochure anymore. Perhaps if someone has a 290 lux they might be able to attest to the sound quality of the sound system that comes as standard with the car?

Also, my current leon has the winter pack, and again this is not even an optional extra on the cupra. The 290 Lux does come with heated seats, but it does not specify anywhere else whether the heated spray nozzles and headlight washers come with the car or not. I have seen it written elsewhere before, and looking at photos of 290's they do have the headlight washers but again could someone with a 290 clarify this?

My other concern that Desire Red is no longer an option on a Cupra :( sad times. I don't like the blue grey of Magnetic Grey and I wont have one in white.

I am looking to buy one this month and I just want to clarify what it is I will be buying.

Thanks in advance
At least I'm not the only one experiencing SEAT's very confusing availability and options/equipment list. Info varies from dealer to dealer.

Deathjam

Aug 24, 2015
Leeds-ish
Brilliant, so initially I wanted to get a 300 with all the extras. Unfortunately there about 10 on the market at the minute. And only 2 with the options I wanted. Even 2017 plate 300's have held their value very well.

i got an 18 plate 300 fully loaded with everything except pano roof, the only down side is its the original digital cockpit

Kirky

Copper Cupra Advocate
Apr 10, 2019

Not saying it's an issue. I was just pointing out the weird changes of SEAT in case anyone was expecting the heated nozzles. The seat belt warning and tiredness monitor are just as useless. No idea what SEAT is doing.

Kirky

Copper Cupra Advocate
Apr 10, 2019

I agree the options are completely random and annoying you have to have options you don't want to get options you do.
I'm one of the strange people who wanted leather due to having a kid and dog and I wanted ACC so it sort of worked out ok for me. I would have liked SEAT sound though and couldn't have that as an option.

SRGTD

May 26, 2014
Not saying it's an issue. I was just pointing out the weird changes of SEAT in case anyone was expecting the heated nozzles. The seat belt warning and tiredness monitor are just as useless. No idea what SEAT is doing.

The cost to Seat of adding seat belt warning and tiredness monitor is probably less than the cost of heated nozzles and headlamp washers. Seat would probably say that although they’ve removed a couple of items of equipment, they’ve offset this loss of equipment by adding a couple of ‘valuable’ and ‘useful’ safety related items.

Agree that the rear seat belt warning and tiredness monitor don’t add much, if any, value. We used to manage perfectly well without these items in the past.

The Daily Meme

Jan 3, 2018
Cambridge
They don't use the brand alcantara anymore. They must use a different brand as they use the words micro suede in all MY20 documentation.
I'm with you, I want leather seats as I have a dog and a messy girlfriend:mad: :oops:
But I don't mind the suede seats. BETTER THAN CLOTH

The Daily Meme

Jan 3, 2018
Cambridge
I've done it anyway, submitted the application for a formal quote from the finance company. See what they come back with. Expecting it to come in under £300 pcm or near to.

Reactions: Lmbarrett83
Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.