DOLBY's LCR...AKS Tuning Forged 14/07/2013.

bigT's lcr

Delete. Beat. Repeat...
Feb 27, 2016
Leeds
Just an idea but if you cant get a 4 pod A pillar then maybe you could send the A pillar trim of to a 3d printers and ask for 4 pods to be pinted into a copy of the pillar. Something ive thought about doing in the future

DOLBY

Jun 24, 2006
North of London
www.facebook.com
So these are a few pressies just arrived this week. Once I have things in order will start posting pics up again. Postponed my brake fitting until I get my gauges then it'll all be done at once alongside a Cambelt and oil pick up pipe etc.

So:
• Direnza 25mm rear spacers & bolts.
• D1 Spec 20mm front spacers.
• Motul RBF 600 Brake fluid X2.
• Auto Finess bag (to hold meth & detailing goods).
• Polished inlet manifold cover (bolts & red washers)
• Polished coilpack cover (bolts & red washers).
• Detailing lint free cloths.
• Heavy duty drying cloths.
• Autoglym fast glass.
• Autoglym car shampoo.
• 25m extension lead (to finally be able to hoover it)
• Allen & Hex keys to replace engine bolts rusted.
• Strut brace bolts (as above to replace rusty ones)
• GTechniq C4 polish trim restorer.

Screenshot_20190913-211955.jpg

Oh and I urge you all to try the GTechniq C4 trim restorer. Been reading online and a few people I know recommended it if you have discoloured or faded pink seat belt buckles/clasps. Restores them back to red.

Trust me it's better than buying new. Was quoted £90 for drivers. £150 for passenger and around £90 for rear belts. . Try it. I will lost up how I got on with it shortly.
Screenshot_20190913-212003.jpg

DOLBY

Jun 24, 2006
North of London
www.facebook.com
Just an idea but if you cant get a 4 pod A pillar then maybe you could send the A pillar trim of to a 3d printers and ask for 4 pods to be pinted into a copy of the pillar. Something ive thought about doing in the future
Yeh sounds a good idea actually. But after looking at mine with 2, that are well spaced...the 4th one would be very high up the A pillar. I have seen pics of people using the centre vents for the gauges and it looks cool. Or using the drivers side vent. But I am actually swaying to having them in centre of dash with wires running down through the vents and with 52mm hood covers. Would look neat, but as I said I don't want gluey residue on my dash cos 9/10 after a few years that'll be baked on trust me.

Last resort would be tucked in corner at bottom of A pillar.

Reactions: bigT's lcr

bigT's lcr

Delete. Beat. Repeat...
Feb 27, 2016
Leeds
Yeh sounds a good idea actually. But after looking at mine with 2, that are well spaced...the 4th one would be very high up the A pillar. I have seen pics of people using the centre vents for the gauges and it looks cool. Or using the drivers side vent. But I am actually swaying to having them in centre of dash with wires running down through the vents and with 52mm hood covers. Would look neat, but as I said I don't want gluey residue on my dash cos 9/10 after a few years that'll be baked on trust me.

Last resort would be tucked in corner at bottom of A pillar.
Ye sounds good that, not too keen on the vent pods

DOLBY

Jun 24, 2006
North of London
www.facebook.com
Ok so had a couple deliveries today. I had my ECS Tuning rear 2 piece 306mm X 22mm discs turn up alongside my Ferodo DS2500 pads. They look lovely. I bet they help with stopping I'm hoping too lol. I thought originally it would work out cheaper than buying through Awesome but after customs duty it worked out £15 ish more. BUT I got them a damn sight quicker. I think Awesome do a bulk order at end of month then takes a couple weeks to arrive in UK then sent to our homes.

Anyway....ohhh
Screenshot_20190919-194444.jpg

These do look lovely discs. I have wanted these for years and years. I mean obviously I'm not running big massive turbo power but brakes are...brakes. I want massive stopping power.

Screenshot_20190919-194428.jpg
Screenshot_20190919-194435.jpg

DOLBY

Jun 24, 2006
North of London
www.facebook.com
Also my Defi gauges arrived. I already have Defi BF Link meter gauges (Boost & Oil Temp 60mm) but due to the lack of space on my cars dash I went with the Defi Racer red 52mm gauges. Volt and Oil pressure.

I'm constantly paranoid about my battery as it's a second car and doesn't get used that much so I need to keep an eye on the charge. I live In a flat so I can't use a trickle charger otherwise I would have. Also due to the age of car I need to keep an eye on the oil, hence Oil Pressure gauge. After all these are fitted I am going to get Cambelt and oil breather pipe too.

So the gauges...they won't run off of my link meter an my BF Gauges have been discontinued for years lol. They run off themselves (sort of. Well off of the car etc). As with my old ones they are black facing until you switch them on and they do their ceremony thing and settle into a nice OEM red light.
Screenshot_20190919-194515.jpg
Screenshot_20190919-194509.jpg
the
Screenshot_20190919-194504.jpg
Screenshot_20190919-194458.jpg
the
Screenshot_20190919-194452.jpg

DOLBY

Jun 24, 2006
North of London
www.facebook.com
Just been going through all the things I've purchased in the last 4 months and it's actually shocked me. I mean I knew I had bought a lot but whoa...

New Private plate (old one on retention).
New Headlights & bulbs.
Defi 52mm Volt and Oil pressure gauges.
Brembos F/R Professionally refurbed.
R8 Flat bottom steering wheel.
VBT 343mm X 28mm front discs
ECS Tuning 306mm X 22 rear discs.
Hel braided lines.
Ferodo pads front rear & Motul RBF600
Devilsown WMI.
550cc Injectors.
2 X New windows.
Window tints.
B pillars/ wing mirrors in gloss black wrap.
Direnza 25mm spacers.
Bridgestone Potenza tyres X 4.
D1 Spec 20mm front spacers.
Replacement Cobra exhaust as original baffles gone.
R Tech Custom map.
Full custom deep pile internal mats.
Alloy wheels refurbished in Hyper Silver.
Polished inlet manifold cover.
Polished Coilpack cover.
Carbon fibre engine cover.
Porche engine caps.

Maintenance:
Cambelt & Water Pump.
Coolant Thermostat.
Replacement full brake booster lines.
CMS charcoal hose.
PCV upgrade silicone and partial delete.
CMS Catch can.
New battery.
New Fuel Pump.
New oil pickup pipe & Sump cleaned.
Gearbox and power steering fluid change.
New coilpacks
New MAF
Oil filter
Fuel filter
fully synthetic oil change.
iridium spark plugs.

And the list goes on...and on...lol

DOLBY

Jun 24, 2006
North of London
www.facebook.com
Ok so a few little updates.

Can't remember if I said but rear 306mm X 22mm rear discs are now on including 25mm spacers. (Car is filthy ATM so when I clean it I will lost up pictures).

Today Unit 18 had the car for a couple days to do quite a few big jobs.

• Cambelt & Water Pump.
• Gearbox oil change (fully synthetic).
• Gearbox service.
• Oil pickup pipe.
• Oil change again (fully synthetic).
• Sump clean.
• Power steering fluid.

He did say there was a few bits of silicone in sump so a worthwhile job to do. Car is sitting on 93k now so it's at an age where these maintenance jobs defo need doing.

Without wishing to jinx anything but these lads at unit 18 are really good. Very impressed with them as they have a 'can do' attitude. Ask them to do something for you and they say yes. Too many garages these days try to Palm you off 'that doesn't need doing...' or 'we don't have the time this week' etc etc but unit 18 are great. And enthusiasts too.

Last edited:

DOLBY

Jun 24, 2006
North of London
www.facebook.com
Also whilst I was there I wanted a Defi oil pressure gauge and Volt gauge fitted. They managed to do the oil pressure one (as we all know that's a pain to do- but important), but volts will be done next week as the illumination light for my old gauges has gone out so they'll be re doing that.

They've fitted my pressure gauge on top of my airbag thingy in-between my dash and it looks pretty cool. I will be purchasing a air vent grill so they all look similar. The colour isn't a great match but still redish.
Screenshot_20191012-110325.jpg
Screenshot_20191012-110313.jpg
Screenshot_20191012-110305.jpg

Chris-cupra R

Jul 25, 2012
Durham
Brilliant updates, great to see that your still putting so much effort (and money ) into this. Quite rare to see such a well kept Mk1 nowadays.

I bought Tom's LCR a while ago and hoping to get it back upto the standard it was years ago

Reactions: DOLBY

DOLBY

Jun 24, 2006
North of London
www.facebook.com
Brilliant updates, great to see that your still putting so much effort (and money ) into this. Quite rare to see such a well kept Mk1 nowadays.

I bought Tom's LCR a while ago and hoping to get it back upto the standard it was years ago
Thanks

Yeh you would of got a good one as Tom really looked after his. Yeh I thought I would go all out or not at all tbh. I was shocked that it made 310 at R tech and since that day I have just sort of wanted to clean it up proper and out some tasty goodies on the car.

It's a shame as no one wants anything to do with the 1.8t anymore. I mean this forum used to be so active on the MK1 and now no one really carries on their readers ride anymore or theyve sold up or something.

So any plans for yours

DOLBY

Jun 24, 2006
North of London
www.facebook.com
So woke up today to see oil under the car...FFS what did I say about this car? It just doesn't want to be fit and healthy! So now got to arrange tow truck and to get sorted out. £££ thought that was all I needed. I was wrong.

Chris-cupra R

Jul 25, 2012
Durham
So woke up today to see oil under the car...FFS what did I say about this car? It just doesn't want to be fit and healthy! So now got to arrange tow truck and to get sorted out. £££ thought that was all I needed. I was wrong.

Nightmare, hopefully nothing serious mate.

Yeah no one seems to bother with 1.8t now, haven't found a decent garage yet that would know much about it in the North East.

It needs tidying up really- could do with a Re spray in places, alloys Re furb, new splitter etc. Also feels a bit low on power but no idea where to start!

Leon20vt4

Oct 21, 2018
I find that the mk1 Leon forum has come back to life... we have quite a few active members now, and a few guys drop in here and there. If you’re not finding luck over here on the readers ride thread check out the LEON 1m specific model threads. We are talking everyday over there.

I’ve been watching your thread and it’s cool you’ve brought your Cupra R back to her old glory. These cars are getting to be close to 20 years old now. There will be constant problems, it’s a hobbyist car. I don’t trust any mechanics to work on my cars unless I’m able to sit and help or watch. But then again not everybody is driveway mechanic like I am. I only go to a mechanic when I can’t do something myself or don’t have access to the proper tools/lift etc.

Shoot your updates here and there in the what have you done to your car today thread. I’m sure you’ll get some love.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Leon20vt4

Oct 21, 2018

I hope it’s just a small leak or cracked sump, nothing major fingers crossed for you bro

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DOLBY

Jun 24, 2006
North of London
www.facebook.com
Thanks lads
It's good to know some people still like their cars.

So just got back from Unit 18 today for the guys to solder my backlight to my old Defi BF gauges. They worked but couldn't see them. I have also got my Defi Volt gauge fitted next to oil pressure one. It's like Blackpool lights in here but oil pressure and battery life are needed in these older cars now.

Oil leak was down to the tube that the dipstick goes into. It had become brittle and cracked. Hence Oil leak. But peed off I had to get car towed 20miles but would rather that than to find hefty damage somewhere engine wise.

DOLBY

Jun 24, 2006
North of London
www.facebook.com
So I have been buying a few more treats. Thought I would drive it a bit more before doing any more to it.

So I'm wanting to clean the engine bay up a bit so I can get to shows again and take some photos of it.

Bought new Inlet manifold polished/gloss black, also gloss black throttle body. The same guy is going to paint my rocker cover gloss black also.

Screenshot_20191118-140711~2.jpg
Screenshot_20191118-140718~2.jpg
Screenshot_20191118-140724~2.jpg
Screenshot_20191118-140731~2.jpg

DOLBY

Jun 24, 2006
North of London
www.facebook.com
I already have a polished debaffled charge pipe. It has been on car years and years. Probably 10. It's not in bad condition at all but it's certainly not the best, so I bought a new one.

Screenshot_20191121-152529~2.jpg

I also wanted to see if I could get hold of a polished fuel rail too. I found one so this will be going on too.

Screenshot_20191121-152510~2.jpg

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.