2nd to 3rd gear dsg manual mode lag

arronleeds

Jul 27, 2017
ive noticed this recently that if I’m in automatic mode and I switch to manual while In 2nd gear and 2nd gear only, and then try switch up with the paddles, the revs keep climbing although it says on the screen I’ve changed gears, what could this be? I have a tcu tune too.

HighFlyingBird

2016 Leon FR 1.4 150 in Chilli Red 2019 - 2020
Jan 15, 2019
Leeds
What speed are you going? For example if I'm doing 30mph in 5th, the DSG usually uses 4th for 30mph, so if I'm doing 30mph in 5th and shift to 6th the gear change is much slower. In mine the shift from 1st to 2nd is also a slow drop in revs rather than the usual sharp drop but I've been told this is normal in a thread I started not so long ago.

arronleeds

Jul 27, 2017
What speed are you going? For example if I'm doing 30mph in 5th, the DSG usually uses 4th for 30mph, so if I'm doing 30mph in 5th and shift to 6th the gear change is much slower. In mine the shift from 1st to 2nd is also a slow drop in revs rather than the usual sharp drop but I've been told this is normal in a thread I started not so long ago.

Last night it happened in 1st-2nd too, only happens in manual mode, I wasn’t watching the revs but I go over Atleast 2.5k before pressing the paddle and the revs just keep climbimg and the car won’t change gear for a couple seconds.

HighFlyingBird

2016 Leon FR 1.4 150 in Chilli Red 2019 - 2020
Jan 15, 2019
Leeds
Last night it happened in 1st-2nd too, only happens in manual mode, I wasn’t watching the revs but I go over Atleast 2.5k before pressing the paddle and the revs just keep climbimg and the car won’t change gear for a couple seconds.
Yeah this is what mine does sometimes, it's because you're shifting into a gear that the DSG isn't expecting to be shifted into if that makes sense

Reactions: arronleeds

Deleted member 103408

If you have a TCU Tune I would have thought it won't be the same as a stock DSG Behaviour.

If you tell people what TCS Map you have and also what that map is designed to do it may help others help you.

arronleeds

Jul 27, 2017
If you have a TCU Tune I would have thought it won't be the same as a stock DSG Behaviour.

If you tell people what TCS Map you have and also what that map is designed to do it may help others help you.

Unicorn motor development map, my rev limit has been changed, kick down in manual mode removed, auto shift manual mode removed, just the usual stuff you have removed going stage 1.

arronleeds

Jul 27, 2017
Yeah this is what mine does sometimes, it's because you're shifting into a gear that the DSG isn't expecting to be shifted into if that makes sense

Doesn’t make sense that though surely because what other gear would I go into from 1st

Bullet

Mar 1, 2019
Bedfordshire
I think it's sensitive to throttle position. Changing in manual on light throttle is quite 'soft' as I guess the programming thinks you are wanting smoothness whereas I hard or full throttle the shifts are much more immediate which is what you want. I have noticed it won't change from 1st to 2nd at low revs even in manual.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.