Inner door handle improvement(style trim)

AndreasSweden

Jan 11, 2019
Stockholm Sweden
hi all!
I’m unhappy with the lack of quality feel in most of the interior and i know you get what you pay for but i would like some tip to at least improve door inner handles as those ones are touched every day wether you like it or not. Anyone tried to wrap them in leather or alcantara or even sprayed them with plastidip and can share the result?
Thanks in advance!

May 4, 2019
I was disappointed couple of days ago, when the inner door Handel scratched very easily when I was closing the door from my ring in hand.
I decided to take off my ring/watch when I enter that car ((
I will try to spray that scratch later on

AndreasSweden

Jan 11, 2019
Stockholm Sweden
20190914_173304.jpg

Hi guys! I went ahead and wrapped/ dressed the handle with a furniture fabric. It turned out better than I expected. I now get a more premium feeling when holding on to the inner handle. I used a spray glue can and just wrapped the fabric on top of the handle leaving very little of excess on the edges since the fabric I used is kind of thick it would not allow the handle to snap back if too much fabric would be stuck in between. Has anyone tried any other material?

Last edited:
May 4, 2019
View attachment 9954

Hi guys! I went ahead and wrapped/ dressed the handle with a furniture fabric. It turned out better than I expected. I now get a more premium feeling when holding on to the inner handle. I used a spray glue can and just wrapped the fabric on top of the handle leaving very little of excess on the edges since the fabric I used is kind of thick it would not allow the handle to snap back if too much fabric would be stuck in between. Has anyone tried any other material?
Very nice work.... congratulations

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.