CUPRA Ateca Open For Ordering

CWMM

Nov 20, 2018
Just ordered mine. Comfort and Sound in Nevada White. Already at the port so should have it for 1st March. Can’t wait. Managed to haggle down to 34k which is nearly 12% off and got a good deal on my Golf GTI trade in.

Wesbar - Interesting to see such a good discount - the closest I've seen is 7.5% discount including the finance deposit on car broker websites. Going to test drive one tomorrow and looking to order ASAP - would be interested to know where you got such a good deal? (also going to trade in my GTI!)

wesbar

Nov 22, 2009
Wesbar - Interesting to see such a good discount - the closest I've seen is 7.5% discount including the finance deposit on car broker websites. Going to test drive one tomorrow and looking to order ASAP - would be interested to know where you got such a good deal? (also going to trade in my GTI!)

Hi. It's from Kendal Seat near the Lake District. They are part of Cox Motor Group. Actual price ended up at £34,300 due to a misunderstanding on my part. Still a lot better than any Carwow offer. They did say they were only offering that deal as they wanted to get the 1st one sold and on the roads locally. My cars not arrived yet but should be here next week. One more week to say goodbye to the GTI :(

CWMM

Nov 20, 2018
Hi. It's from Kendal Seat near the Lake District. They are part of Cox Motor Group. Actual price ended up at £34,300 due to a misunderstanding on my part. Still a lot better than any Carwow offer. They did say they were only offering that deal as they wanted to get the 1st one sold and on the roads locally. My cars not arrived yet but should be here next week. One more week to say goodbye to the GTI :(

Thanks, I am down in Kent so a bit of a way for me to travel.

I had a good test drive on Wednesday and subsequently ordered one yesterday - a good discount I am pleased with but not as much off as your win! No stock in the spec I wanted, Rhodium Grey Comfort+Sport with Pano roof, so the "10-12 week" wait begins! My dealer said there are a number of standard Cupra Atecas in various colours in stock and ready to be sold in the UK so I am sure there are some deals to be had there for others.

Enjoy your last week in the GTI!

schofier

Aug 16, 2014
Southampton
Thanks, I am down in Kent so a bit of a way for me to travel.

I had a good test drive on Wednesday and subsequently ordered one yesterday - a good discount I am pleased with but not as much off as your win! No stock in the spec I wanted, Rhodium Grey Comfort+Sport with Pano roof, so the "10-12 week" wait begins! My dealer said there are a number of standard Cupra Atecas in various colours in stock and ready to be sold in the UK so I am sure there are some deals to be had there for others.

Enjoy your last week in the GTI!
Just ordered a grey one with comfort and sound, but without the panoramic roof. My dealer (south coast) did have a grey one with panoramic roof available.

Wings988

Oct 27, 2011
Derbyshire
There's a dealer on AT offering £2597 (7.2%) discount so maybe room for further negotiation?
LINK

I'd expect discounts to increase though based on the Leon Cupra discounts. How many have been sold in the UK so far? I looked on how many left and it doesn't yet list Cupra as a make.

'Little' John

Oct 12, 2018
There's a dealer on AT offering £2597 (7.2%) discount so maybe room for further negotiation?
LINK

I'd expect discounts to increase though based on the Leon Cupra discounts. How many have been sold in the UK so far? I looked on how many left and it doesn't yet list Cupra as a make.
Probably because even SEAT themselves don't recognise CUPRA as a make! Mine is registered as a SEAT Ateca Cupra and when you try and get insurance quotes you have to look under SEAT because CUPRA isn't listed...

perelaar

Jan 18, 2019
Sugartown Belgium
Probably because even SEAT themselves don't recognise CUPRA as a make! Mine is registered as a SEAT Ateca Cupra and when you try and get insurance quotes you have to look under SEAT because CUPRA isn't listed...
I think this is mainly because of economy of scale - it makes no sense for the insurance companies to update their databases before quite some Cupra Ateca's have been sold.

'Little' John

Oct 12, 2018
I think this is mainly because of economy of scale - it makes no sense for the insurance companies to update their databases before quite some Cupra Ateca's have been sold.
The database has been updated. The car is listed, but it is listed under SEAT and not under CUPRA. I'm not sure if there is a central database, because one price comparison web site I used recognised the Design pack as a separate model, but not the C/S pack. The other price comparison website had a separate entry for both Design and Comfort Sound.

Black Cat

Sep 22, 2019
Hello
Since the last entry was March, I don't know if anyone is still monitoring this thread, however ...

I ordered a standard Cupra Ateca last week, on a 2 year lease (10k miles pa)

Deposit of £2.5k
Monthly payments of £300
Total cost of just under £9.5k

It's more than I've ever paid for a car before, but I've test driven 3 and really like the car.

Maypack

Ambassador for Cumberland Sausage
Apr 20, 2014
Gods Country - West Cumbria
Hello
Since the last entry was March, I don't know if anyone is still monitoring this thread, however ...

I ordered a standard Cupra Ateca last week, on a 2 year lease (10k miles pa)

Deposit of £2.5k
Monthly payments of £300
Total cost of just under £9.5k

It's more than I've ever paid for a car before, but I've test driven 3 and really like the car.

I’ve driven one for a day when my CUPRA went in for a service and I also had the opportunity to drive one around there proving track at Silverstone on a CUPRA Driving day and tbh in leaning towards one myself when the time comes for me to change my Leon CUPRA

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Black Cat

Sep 22, 2019
I’ve driven one for a day when my CUPRA went in for a service and I also had the opportunity to drive one around there proving track at Silverstone on a CUPRA Driving day and tbh in leaning towards one myself when the time comes for me to change my Leon CUPRA

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My last 2 cars have been Qashqais (my brothers work at the factory, so the discounts were good).
My current one is 5 year old with a good spec, incl panoramic roof & 360 degree camera.
It's an economical diesel that is surprisingly powerful on a motorway or dual carriageway.
However, there is nothing there when pulling away from a standing start!
I'm looking forward to the new driving experience behind the wheel of the Ateca.

Billyray911

Aug 12, 2018
My last 2 cars have been Qashqais (my brothers work at the factory, so the discounts were good).
My current one is 5 year old with a good spec, incl panoramic roof & 360 degree camera.
It's an economical diesel that is surprisingly powerful on a motorway or dual carriageway.
However, there is nothing there when pulling away from a standing start!
I'm looking forward to the new driving experience behind the wheel of the Ateca.

Sounds like a decent deal...Im still in the market,but will be a long term keeper purchase,as and when.
I’m watching the market and the prices are (very) slowly coming down for decent spec ex demo or management vehicles-which is what I’m after.
I’m hoping that there may be some good deals in Q4 and to coincide with the limited edition CA being released.Enjoy!

Black Cat

Sep 22, 2019
Sounds like a decent deal...Im still in the market,but will be a long term keeper purchase,as and when.
I’m watching the market and the prices are (very) slowly coming down for decent spec ex demo or management vehicles-which is what I’m after.
I’m hoping that there may be some good deals in Q4 and to coincide with the limited edition CA being released.Enjoy!

Hello Billy
Your prospective deal is exactly what I was looking for too.
Last year we bought my wife a new Mini Cooper; spent a lot of time on t'internet and sourced a car with a lot of extras that would have made it over £21k new. We got it pre-regd by a garage, with 8 miles on the clock, for £16k.
I naively thought I'd do my research and source a Cupra Ateca with a discounted price - nothing doing really.
£30,999 seems to be the best advertised price for a standard car of the type you're trying to source.
Or have you seen better prices?

Billyray911

Aug 12, 2018
Over the past month or so there have been ex management cars that are almost fully loaded ie comfort,sound and design that are around the 33k mark.Ive seen about 6 up for sale with almost consecutive reg numbers,but from different dealerships-all with the same spec and mileage that varies from 4-9k.
A few weeks before that,they were £34.900+,so still a decent discount back then.
I read that prices were being kept strong until the other models were being released,so that there is some exclusivity.
I’m trying to convince myself that I’m not really bothered about the design pack,especially with the tax implications and that a must have for me is a pano sunroof.
I can wait and watch!

Black Cat

Sep 22, 2019
Over the past month or so there have been ex management cars that are almost fully loaded ie comfort,sound and design that are around the 33k mark.Ive seen about 6 up for sale with almost consecutive reg numbers,but from different dealerships-all with the same spec and mileage that varies from 4-9k.
A few weeks before that,they were £34.900+,so still a decent discount back then.
I read that prices were being kept strong until the other models were being released,so that there is some exclusivity.
I’m trying to convince myself that I’m not really bothered about the design pack,especially with the tax implications and that a must have for me is a pano sunroof.
I can wait and watch!

It sounds like you'll be ready when the further price drops are to your liking - all the best to you.

Reactions: Billyray911
SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise