Lowered, now vibrations

Silverfoxxxx

Sep 27, 2018
Hi,

Had a sportline kit fitted and picked up today, I get speed wobble around 70-80mph, would this just need a wheel alignment? Or does anything else need checking when lowering?

bit miffed the alignment wasn’t done as part of the service tbh of it is just that.

Damo H

Remind me, what's an indicator?
Staff member
Oct 3, 2012
Car Length In Front
Stiffer springs will exaggerate any issues previously had that you may of not noticed.
Assuming everything is tight if you’ve not had a alignment after springs then that’s your first point of call.

However if that doesn’t solve it. Simple things like checking Your tyre pressures is a good place to start. Then, wheel balancing etc

However another culprit could be worn bushes or shocks if your car has already done a lot of miles.

Silverfoxxxx

Sep 27, 2018
Do I need to wait for the new springs and dampers to bed in at all?, currently doesn’t look like it’s lowered the car much, but definitely corners better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Damo H

Remind me, what's an indicator?
Staff member
Oct 3, 2012
Car Length In Front
Do I need to wait for the springs and dampers to bed in at all?, currently doesn’t look like it’s lowered the car much, but definitely corners better.

My sportlines settled about 10mm at the front. I had my wheel alignment after they’d settled which took about 200 miles/1 week.

Reactions: bruceR

Silverfoxxxx

Sep 27, 2018
My sportlines settled about 10mm at the front. I had my wheel alignment after they’d settled which took about 200 miles/1 week.

Do I need to have anything done with camber? Can’t seem to find an answer on search.