Full Link Activation 2016 FR

Stevie1

Jul 21, 2019
Hi, joined the forum back in June but not needed to post anything until today.

Today I went to my local Seat dealer and had full link activated at a cost of about £150. I have a pre-facelift Leon FR (not sure what name that head unit comes under, MIB1 etc?). Anyway, after it was activated Apple car play is not working. It might be a really simple fix but 2 different iPhones have been tested with various different cables and the system is not recognising it. Android Auto has also been tested and is working.

The dealer is looking into this for me but wondered if you guys had any ideas as well?

Thanks

Attachments

• B71E0326-7F87-4DA9-8784-519F031FCF8F.jpeg
    B71E0326-7F87-4DA9-8784-519F031FCF8F.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 324
  • 45AFD2B9-9586-4CEB-A917-E6222753E69E.jpeg
    45AFD2B9-9586-4CEB-A917-E6222753E69E.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 285
  • D994FB72-3C1E-4D8A-BE48-2E7BD1897985.jpeg
    D994FB72-3C1E-4D8A-BE48-2E7BD1897985.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 260
  • E68E4DCE-7FDC-4EA1-904C-AFA44398B9FD.jpeg
    E68E4DCE-7FDC-4EA1-904C-AFA44398B9FD.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 445

emesee

Aug 6, 2015
I’m not sure if this helps but did the USB port get changed out? I gather this needs to be replaced at the same time as the activation. I think there was a post a few days ago in which the OP had a similar issue when this part wasn’t changed and their dealer offered to send the part for self fitting.

I don’t know if the new USB port looks different but the photo of yours looks the same as my 65 plate and that has never been changed.

Stevie1

Jul 21, 2019
I’m not sure if this helps but did the USB port get changed out? I gather this needs to be replaced at the same time as the activation. I think there was a post a few days ago in which the OP had a similar issue when this part wasn’t changed and their dealer offered to send the part for self fitting.

I don’t know if the new USB port looks different but the photo of yours looks the same as my 65 plate and that has never been changed.

They didn’t change the USB port, it’s the same one as was in the car when I bought it in June. I thought I read that post a while back but couldn’t find it when I had a look for it earlier. I did mention it to the dealer but they weren’t sure so presumably are going to speak to Seat Tech tomorrow and get back to me

Stevie1

Jul 21, 2019
That’s the thread I was thinking of. Seems strange they would give you the option to put an activation code in for Full Link but not fit the correct USB port to support Apple Carplay even though Android Auto works

SteveGSXR600K1

May 6, 2017
You've got exactly the same headunit as me, which is an MIB2.

I don't really use mine, but both Android Auto and Apple Car Play work fine. Not sure if my son's iPhone needed any updates for the Apple Car Play app. I know Android Auto is fussy with USB cables, and I had to use my genuine Samsung cable and not a cheap one from Poundland, etc. Have you tried a different Apple cable?

Stevie1

Jul 21, 2019
Tried various different cables including one which the dealer gave me for free to try and sort the problem but with no luck.

I was in the dealer this morning who have looked into it again and said I need a new connector behind the USB port to enable Apple Carplay. They are fitting it for free so its £26 for the part. Hopefully when it’s fitted next week it will be fully working

Reactions: SteveGSXR600K1

Stevie1

Jul 21, 2019
Just got the new USB port fitted and it’s now working perfectly. The wiring going into the USB port also needed a different connector to fit into the updated port. Dealer (Fife Seat) waived the fee for the new USB port and connector, guessing because I had to go back and forward a few times until it was fully working so apart from a few hiccups along the way, very impressed with them.

Reactions: Peller

Peller

Mar 29, 2016
Edinburgh
Just got the new USB port fitted and it’s now working perfectly. The wiring going into the USB port also needed a different connector to fit into the updated port. Dealer (Fife Seat) waived the fee for the new USB port and connector, guessing because I had to go back and forward a few times until it was fully working so apart from a few hiccups along the way, very impressed with them.

Good result. I can vouch for Fife Seat. I've always had first class service from them over the years.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Reactions: Stevie1
Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.