Picking up new Toledo tomorrow!!

akchappers

Jun 27, 2010
Gillingham Dorset.
hey peeps !
Well just to add to the fleet picking up our brand new black 1.0tfsi Xcellemce at 10.30 tomorrow from snows Seat in Salisbury!
Usually buy used but wife decided she wanted a brand new one and it seems like an amazing deal...
Brand new in the road for £11795....
Must admit got a lot of toys being top end model !
Most people know me on here for my two mk1 Leon Cupras ...
Anyhow il post pics tomorrow :)

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
Nice!

I think any new car is a lot of money but yours new cost less than my 8 year old Cupra R haha

Looking forward to the pics

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
Yeah MK2 Cupra R, been my fav car for a while jumped up from an FR, could fo got a MK3 but I love the MK2 shape too much just doesn't have the modding ease ability like the MK3.

You've got a good deal there, shame they put an end to the Toledo, it seems to be all SUV these days.

akchappers

Jun 27, 2010
Gillingham Dorset.
Yea mate mk2 R is nice. But as you said not quite as easy to mod .. we have a remapped Altea FR tdi too...
most annoying thing is the 12v socket isn’t live all the time and the ignition has to be on to charge the phone !

akchappers

Jun 27, 2010
Gillingham Dorset.
We'll an update ..... Cars going well and surprisingly nippy and really economical. However modding itch is beginning to appear... Ride height is too high so looking at options... Now booked in for a remap! Sand have ordered a subtle boot spoiler. Also changing wheels to Audi 18" ...

Nathan penney

Jul 8, 2017
Liverpool
No offence but the Toledo is one ugly car.
Couldn't you persuade her in doors to go for a Leon?
For under 12 grand it’s one of the better looking cars out there I think.
How boring it would be if everyone owned a mk3 leon?
I’ll be honest, I love my mk1 LCR but mk3 leons are so popular where I live thanks to cheap lease deals I don’t think I’d have one as my daily car even if it was big enough for my 3 kids and all their stuff.
I like to be different!
so fair play @akchappers sounds like you got a bargain there!

camelspyyder

2 SEAT-er
Jun 26, 2014
I really like the looks, but to be honest it's a rubbish drive with ancient underpinnings from the MK4 Golf parts bin amongst others. You can feel the body twisting in bumpy bends and it lacks grip overall, especially on the factory Bridgestone 050A which are poor. But worst is the torque-free 1.0 lump. I quite enjoyed 3 years driving the 1.2 model Toledo, but find nearly all of the 1.0 motors across the SEAT range awful, bar the 95PS 5 speed in the Arona.

akchappers

Jun 27, 2010
Gillingham Dorset.
Wow a lot of haters !
If you noticed I have two mk1 cupras one being probably the oldest in here a 180 sort but an app engine not an auq. That has 300 bhp. Blue one is modded too plus an Altea Fr .
My Toledo is great . I love it and a hell of a lot of car for under 12k .
I actually like the styling and as I said above it’s soon to be getting bigger wheels and a slightly lower stance plus a remap .
As Nathan said Mk3 Leon’s are ten a penny .
Plus I’d line my yellow Mk1 up against any of them .
I Alike to be different and not Fokine the crowd. Ever seen a modded Toledo? You soon will .
Blaotastuc I have three other Seats .

Sep 20, 2019
Wow a lot of haters !
If you noticed I have two mk1 cupras one being probably the oldest in here a 180 sort but an app engine not an auq. That has 300 bhp. Blue one is modded too plus an Altea Fr .
My Toledo is great . I love it and a hell of a lot of car for under 12k .
I actually like the styling and as I said above it’s soon to be getting bigger wheels and a slightly lower stance plus a remap .
As Nathan said Mk3 Leon’s are ten a penny .
Plus I’d line my yellow Mk1 up against any of them .
I Alike to be different and not Fokine the crowd. Ever seen a modded Toledo? You soon will .
Blaotastuc I have three other Seats .
The thought of a modded Toledo makes me feel sicker than a even a basic one.
Sorry but as you say it's your car so enjoy.

'& Son' managed

Third Party
Mar 2, 2018
South Coast
The thought of a modded Toledo makes me feel sicker than a even a basic one.
Sorry but as you say it's your car so enjoy.
Mk4 Toledo looks fine to my eyes, different to the 5F Leon, but obviously of the same era/SEAT design language. Maybe some just hate a saloon-like format, personally I generally prefer saloons to hatches or SUV's.
The only 'ugly' Toledo to my eyes was the 'Mk 3', (5P) which was an ungainly-looking beast from almost any angle - no wonder SEAT
had to kill that thing earlier than planned - mediocre sales certainly told a story.

camelspyyder

2 SEAT-er
Jun 26, 2014
Over on Briskoda there are a few modded or low Rapids ( the Toledo's twin ) - even a bagged one. The Monte Carlo Rapid has a subtle bodykit on it. SEAT Mexico do (did?) a "kit aerodinamico" for the Toledo 4 as well. Or Superskoda ( and some other European outlets) do spoilers sills wide arches etc.

akchappers

Jun 27, 2010
Gillingham Dorset.
Well an update on the car....
it’s just been for a couple of warranty jobs...
1) it started to eat key batteries. Two weeks and boom . Gone. Key replaced . Apparently it was searching for the car constantly!
2) left rear tyre pressure monitor issue. New tyre valve but problem remains. Pressure all good but still comes on. Getting checked again at its first service in March.
3) replaced both front and rear plates as they were delaminating . They stuck them on this time not screwed on
4) tightened up both door seals at front due to excessive wind noise .
5) did ask them to check park sensors as they go off randomly sometimes. Anyone else get this?
Well just about to succumb to a 140+ remap. Il keep you posted.

camelspyyder

2 SEAT-er
Jun 26, 2014
Kessy remote batteries lasted 18 months on mine, both failed within a couple of weeks. Just put correct batteries in. Tyre issue - our Ibiza had a tiny nail in the tyre tread, pressure alarm every 3 weeks or so. Mechanic found the nail after a year. Suggest your tyre has damage. Park sensors sometimes go off in heavy rain or snow or traffic or when pedestrians pass close by. Not convinced the wobbly chassis can handle 140+ to be honest.

akchappers

Jun 27, 2010
Gillingham Dorset.
Il ask them to check every mm of the tyre... seat replaced batteries three times! So hoping they put correct ones in!
wobbly chassis? It ain’t that bad ! But that will be addressed soon. Maybe I carry more weight? Kids etc?

camelspyyder

2 SEAT-er
Jun 26, 2014
Il ask them to check every mm of the tyre... seat replaced batteries three times! So hoping they put correct ones in!
wobbly chassis? It ain’t that bad ! But that will be addressed soon. Maybe I carry more weight? Kids etc?
From talking to people who've done it, sport springs with a 30-40 mil drop seem to sharpen the handling, but a bigger ARB or strut brace would maybe tame the lurching and flex in bumpy S bends around here.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.