Why did Seat stop offering?

Pferdestarke

Jun 9, 2019
Sometimes a manufacturer will discontinue a colour if it performs very badly, or exceptionally well from a sales perspective. It could also be to protect second hand values should it be deemed that a particular colour has saturated the market.

They may also pull a colour that is known to be troublesome in application or if their supplier can’t produce the required volumes.

Finally, it’s one of the easiest differentiators between a current and new model year, requiring less technical and production considerations than say major, or even minimal spec changes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
Doesn't bode well for me ever switching to a MK3 "come see our Cupra's sir... colours certainly... we've got them both".

Kirky

Copper Cupra Advocate
Apr 10, 2019
They dropped desire red too. They also briefly ditched silver but that returned with MY20.

Pferdestarke

Jun 9, 2019
They dropped desire red too. They also briefly ditched silver but that returned with MY20.

And apparently it’s leaving once again before the end of the year. According to my dealer anyway, there’s a note on the paint code when ordering giving the last possible production week it’s available. 47 maybe. Can’t remember fully.

Deathjam

Aug 24, 2015
Leeds-ish
wow they really are rocking some great colours now
upload_2019-10-1_15-5-2.png

Maypack

Ambassador for Cumberland Sausage
Apr 20, 2014
Gods Country - West Cumbria
No more Mystery Blue? Bugger. It'll put the value of current ones up. Everyone knows they're much faster than lesser colours.

Large amounts of Mystery Blue CUPRA’s around so not sure on the value of current ones staying up.

Burnt Orange would hold its value as there aren’t many of them around.

Best colour (and yes I’m biased) is Desire Red and I for one am happy it’s no longer available as I’m not keen on seeing other cars like mine .

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise