Stage 2 question

Charliessmith

Jun 16, 2017
I have a Cupra 290 mk3 I'm already running stage 1. I want to go to stage 2, anything I should know about stage 2?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
Unfortunately it's a bit different between MK2 and MK3. MK2 was a race cat, intercooler, uprated air intake. Hopefully @theoldboy can point you in the right direction.

paddy6789

Staff member
Aug 31, 2016
Preston, Lancs
You'll need a new downpipe at the very minimum and potentially an intercooler depending on what map you want.

Speak to the guys at Progressive Parts; @PP Mark - they can help you with the parts you'd need :)

Charliessmith

Jun 16, 2017
The requirements for stage 2 are intake system downpipe and intercooler.
Just wondered if someone has already done it and what it's like?

paddy6789

Staff member
Aug 31, 2016
Preston, Lancs
It may be worth listing what mods you already have first - stage one is usually just a map, but people tend to have upgraded air intakes at the same time.

Air intake and downpipe are the bare minimum required for stage 2, but some maps require an intercooler too. It is recommended for an intercooler even if the map doesn’t require it.

RacingLine doesn’t require a downpipe but it’s recommended. Some Revo stage 2 maps require intercoolers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Charliessmith

Jun 16, 2017
I've got a Racingline R600 intake, Sachs performance clutch, Revo lower torque mount, custom stage 1 remap, KW DDC suspension, and some Forge coolant hoses in red just to make the engine bay look better. And a Maxton Design front splitter and rear diffuser.

Deleted member 103408

As the guys above have said it depends on the Map.

I would talk to your mapper to see what he required.
I would also suggest if you are going to end up at stage 3 then dont waste time on stage 2 just go stage 3.

On Revo maps (which you dont have) you need the 3" downpipe, Intercooler upgrade and pipework,

But then you also should start to think about Plugs, Coilpacks, Diverter and make sure you have a good pipework from the R600 To the turbo including the elbo plus Muffler Delete.

Charliessmith

Jun 16, 2017

I would also suggest if you are going to end up at stage 3 then dont waste time on stage 2 just go stage 3.

On Revo maps (which you dont have) you need the 3" downpipe, Intercooler upgrade and pipework,

But then you also should start to think about Plugs, Coilpacks, Diverter and make sure you have a good pipework from the R600 To the turbo including the elbo plus Muffler Delete.
I have Racingline turbo elbow and muffler delete just forgot about them lol.
I'm going to get the scorpion sports cat and downpie and the scorpion cat back exhaust so that sorts the downpipe. I'm going to upgrade the intercooler aswell just not sure which one yet. I've been told from progressive parts that if I have the Revo intercooler pipework I will have to modify my R600 intake which I dont want to do.

AndrewJB

Friend to SEAT UK & Cupra Racing
Aug 16, 2007
Maranello
I ran both REVO Stage 2 and APR Stage 2 with downpipe, VWR R600, upgraded TIP, GFB DV+, APR turbo muffler delete, newest revision coilpacks and the Audi spark plus (cant remember what model they were from now).

Big missing from mine was IC, but we logged it on the dyno several times and never saw anywhere where it was struggling so never bothered.

Charliessmith

Jun 16, 2017
I ran both REVO Stage 2 and APR Stage 2 with downpipe, VWR R600, upgraded TIP, GFB DV+, APR turbo muffler delete, newest revision coilpacks and the Audi spark plus (cant remember what model they were from now).

Big missing from mine was IC, but we logged it on the dyno several times and never saw anywhere where it was struggling so never bothered.
What is TIP AND GFB DV+ ?

AndrewJB

Friend to SEAT UK & Cupra Racing
Aug 16, 2007
Maranello
Turbo intake pipe which goes from turbo to airbox, GFB DV+ is a bolt on bit that bolts onto the OEM diverter valve supposed to hold more boost pressure.

Charliessmith

Jun 16, 2017
Turbo intake pipe which goes from turbo to airbox, GFB DV+ is a bolt on bit that bolts onto the OEM diverter valve supposed to hold more boost pressure.
I have the Racingline turbo intake pipe aswell. What is a diverter valve?

Deleted member 103408

TIP = Turbo Inlet Pipe
GFB DV+ = diverter GFB Being the make DV+ check this link

And update you should be talking to your mapper to see what they suggest is required.

Last edited by a moderator:

Charliessmith

Jun 16, 2017
Is this the diverter valve your talking about?

Charliessmith

Jun 16, 2017

What plugs and coilpacks do you have?

Charliessmith

Jun 16, 2017
Is this the diverter valve your talking about?

d089fe2063607f4303bdec3d75e6f855.jpg

Deleted member 103408

What plugs and coilpacks do you have?

I still have stock Plugs and Coilpacks but did in the past have upgraded sparks (not noticed any difference).
You should talk to the guy who does the map as he is the best placed for your setup to confirm the best setup.

I would emphasize if you are looking for Stage 3 then dont waste time and money on stage 2.
Talk to your insurance company about cost's.

Reactions: Janusz

Janusz

Oct 4, 2018
I am on stage 3 now.
I would go for stage 1 + nice exhaust or stage 3.
2 makes no sense from $$$ perspective and fun factor.
S1 is 360-360 hp
S2 390-400 hp
S3 470- the size of turbo :)

Charliessmith

Jun 16, 2017
I am on stage 3 now.
I would go for stage 1 + nice exhaust or stage 3.
2 makes no sense from $$$ perspective and fun factor.
S1 is 360-360 hp
S2 390-400 hp
S3 470- the size of turbo :)
But arent the requirements for stage 3 the same but a turbo upgrade aswell?

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.