Dickheads with dash cams

Damo H

Remind me, what's an indicator?
Staff member
Oct 3, 2012
Car Length In Front
I got one for Christmas and only just started using it for the same reason. My one is a NextBase and you can link it to your phone and very easily save the clips, not sure if others work similar to this?

It's amazing how many of those people that send in to those Youtube compilations that are actually in the wrong!!
It really does go to show people don't know the rules of the road :roflmao:

To the original poster, i wouldn't worry, if you do end up on Youtube you'll have a laugh showing your friends and family how much of a boob he is.
Yeah I know what you mean! Lots of people can’t drive!

OJ9693

Mk3 Leon FR 150
Sep 2, 2019
Yes I have the newest model and top of range next-base 522GW with the rear window camera. However the myconnect app for the camera is temperamental. Sometimes it’ll connect easily and the videos are there perfectly. Other times it won’t connect you have to reset the Bluetooth devices, re connect it from scratch. Most of the time it’s just easier to pull out the card and stick it into the computer and look at them that way....

Edit; ik not actually sure why nextbase can make amazing camera with great software on them but can’t then make an app that works reliably

Yeah mine is a bit temperamental too, although i'm quite certain it's just when the Wifi signal is poor or drops out, because it's fine at home where i have really good internet speed.
I've never had to disconnect via bluetooth or anything. Mine is the Nextbase 322 i think, still a decent enough quality for me.

Damo H

Staff member
Oct 3, 2012
Car Length In Front
iOS13 causes issues with WiFi on the BlackVue Cameras. They claimed it was the Beta, now they're saying its something else to do with the way their app connects. Anyway interim fix enabling location for it has sorted it.

Otherwise it works really well.

Maypack

Ambassador for Cumberland Sausage
Apr 20, 2014
Gods Country - West Cumbria
iOS13 causes issues with WiFi on the BlackVue Cameras. They claimed it was the Beta, now they're saying its something else to do with the way their app connects. Anyway interim fix enabling location for it has sorted it.

Just updated to iOS 13.2 Beta today and so far I’m enjoying the new software. There was the issue with Blackvue Dashcams as you say and the interim fix does resolve it but it needs sorting correctly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Damo H

Rooster

Oct 27, 2018
Yorkshire
What really gets me, is the drivers who fit a dash cam and then drive like a T***! Followed a bloke in a Range Rover, who sped off and broke every speed limit he was in, never indicated at junctions, tailgated the cars in front and then used the wrong lane on a roundabout to gain two places!

Mr Pig

Jun 17, 2015
The way things are going all cars will come with built-in dash-cams linked straight back to Big Brother HQ with fixed penalties arriving at your house before you do!

Reactions: Gokiwi64

LouG

Dec 1, 2017
Nelson, New Zealand
The way things are going all cars will come with built-in dash-cams linked straight back to Big Brother HQ with fixed penalties arriving at your house before you do!
I've already experienced that. I drove a cab for a while, all NZ cabs have interior cams for "driver protection". Personally I'd prefer a taser or CS spray, cameras just help them find who murdered you.

Aug 5, 2019
I bought a cheapo Dash cam due to having 3 accidents in the past 4 years, 2 not my fault. Since installing it I have just had one ******** who thought a rainy, dark and graveled B road was a good place for a race. I'm far too grown up now to take that bait, I just cheerily muttered to myself "I'm faster than you" and plodded on at NSL as he thrashed the guts out of his diesel TT.... I go to France 6-8 times a year and dashcam footage would be a lot easier to explain to the French Gendarme than my schoolboy French would be.

Reactions: LR231998

Jaco2k

AWD FTW
Mar 11, 2018
Tampere, Finland
www.youtube.com
I am about to install one due to lately people driving quite poorly here.
I have almost had 3 accidents due to people literally changing lane lane on top of me and me having to slam brakes to avoid being hit.
That and also the more and more frequent road rage.

Maypack

Ambassador for Cumberland Sausage
Apr 20, 2014
Gods Country - West Cumbria

Updated app from Blackvue available this morning that states the iOS 13 Wi-fi issue has been fixed. Just downloaded it but not tested yet.

bgb

Jan 22, 2019
Updated app from Blackvue available this morning that states the iOS 13 Wi-fi issue has been fixed. Just downloaded it but not tested yet.

If it was like the Thinkware issue, after the initial opening the app worked, then reverted back to 'not connected'.

I found a full phone reset sorted it, just as an FYI :yes:

Reactions: Maypack

Damo H

Staff member
Oct 3, 2012
Car Length In Front
If it was like the Thinkware issue, after the initial opening the app worked, then reverted back to 'not connected'.

I found a full phone reset sorted it, just as an FYI :yes:
No its some kind of location thing. Apparently iOS13 has more restrictions in it, so as it doesn't give the info to the app/camera by default it won;t connect.

bgb

Jan 22, 2019
No its some kind of location thing. Apparently iOS13 has more restrictions in it, so as it doesn't give the info to the app/camera by default it won;t connect.

Was the same on Thinkware i believe, the app didn't allow the pop-up that Apple impose saying location all the time, only when using etc. which in turn stopped the app connecting via Wifi as became a privacy concern.

Reactions: Damo H

Brimfull

Nov 7, 2018
Wrexham
I often find cars with dash cams are the ones most likely to cut you up at junctions and to be in the wrong lane at roundabouts.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

LouG

Dec 1, 2017
Nelson, New Zealand
As someone has mentioned, a lot of dashcam users are the t wats who accelerate to stop someone overtaking, or try to stop them merging etc. They're just self righteous dorks.
I'm surprised there hasn't been a spate of surgical removals of dashcams.
Especially from cyclists.

Mr Pig

Jun 17, 2015
I'm surprised there hasn't been a spate of surgical removals of dashcams. Especially from cyclists.

I've been using dashcams for a few years and think they're a great idea. I'd like to see all new cars come with them, they could easily build one into the mirror mount or something.

I haven't noticed any correlation between idiot drivers and dashcam owners.

HighFlyingBird

2016 Leon FR 1.4 150 in Chilli Red 2019 - 2020
Jan 15, 2019
Leeds
Loads of dash cam warriors near me as of late! On my way to work I go down a 60 road that's wide enough to land a 747 on, but given there's a huge garden centre near it the bingo brigade is often out in force doing 25 on our glorious open road.

I'm usually fairly patient with other people but that's just a joke, so I sail past them giving them plenty of room and they ALWAYS start flashing their lights and swearing and pointing out their dash cams. Some times they even speed up and get so close they may as well be sat in the passenger seat.

I'm all for having a cam to improve safety and cover your backside in the event of a crash but they're not an excuse to act like a white knight (see: w**ker) on the roads either

Reactions: Moh

Shaady

Jan 25, 2017
I bought one after being one car behind a massive accident on the motorway - the guy at fault was a complete knob about it and had I had one at the time it would have saved a lot of hassle and backwards and forwards with the police.

No need to use any evidence myself yet luckily but it is nice knowing its there if needed and fully agree that the people who drive around trying to gain 'evidence' are just idiots with nothing better going on in their lives.

Saying that I am addicted to the dashcam channels on YouTube :roflmao:

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.