Interior Light Strips

DOMINIC SELLY

lcupra300
Mar 30, 2019
Kidderminster
Just wondering if anyone knows where to get like LED strip lights for around your cupras dash? I’ve attached a photo of what I mean..

Attachments

• D6207BBF-A0DC-4E4A-815B-107149FF2837.jpeg
    D6207BBF-A0DC-4E4A-815B-107149FF2837.jpeg
    925.3 KB · Views: 198

black_sheep

Mar 10, 2013
I don’t know to be honest. I’ve only seen the wire used in a capability demonstrator to mark safe access lanes in high threat environments, so nothing like an automotive application.

There are automotive kits on amazon for £15 for a 2 metre length, or cheaper for generic kits so not going to break the bank. Could probably buy the stuff cheaper on the bay and experiment.

Eskilation

Dec 3, 2017
Bucks
Could be useful to put the ambient lighting in the rear doors, something I have wanted to do, to match the front. Although you will be limited to one colour, and need to get it to work with the headlights coming on...

Also make a good additional boot light to brighten up

Just a thought, more practical uses....

zeffania

Nov 4, 2016
Could be useful to put the ambient lighting in the rear doors, something I have wanted to do, to match the front. Although you will be limited to one colour, and need to get it to work with the headlights coming on...

Also make a good additional boot light to brighten up

Just a thought, more practical uses....

You could use the feed that is used to illuminate the rear window switches to get strip to come on at the correct time

Kirky

Copper Cupra Advocate
Apr 10, 2019
I'm a sad PC gamer and RGB lighting is abundant in desktop computers. Pretty much everything now is illuminated. You can get ribbon strips that do RGB and select the colour you want. The ribbon strips look like what is used in the ops photo and you can buy by the metre.

Reactions: The Daily Meme

The Daily Meme

Insta: @thatredcupra
Jan 3, 2018
Cambridge
You can buy that from AliExpress.

It's just EL wires fitted inside a special jacket with an extension that you nudge between panels.
It can be trimmed to the size you need, then just tap any 12V source, preferably something that matches the light conditions of your dash instruments, and you're done.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32800905365.html
nice spot, saved this for later.

K1ic0

Oct 13, 2016
Is it possible to cut anywhere? Rear doors panel lenght is maybe 50 cm... So 4,5m go to trash...

Odoslané z Mi A1 pomocou Tapatalku