Are these Skoda VRS buckets nicer than the Cupra’s?

Pferdestarke

Jun 9, 2019
667488eb8f8ffb3ccdcd4cf3b9bfa1cc.jpg

I think they’re nice. Obviously the same seat but trimmed differently. They’re a bit more striking I think.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Titchy

Jun 10, 2017
Buckinghamshire
I have the cupra bucket seats and really like them however the Skoda ones do have a bit more too them. Like the pattern and red section that splits the headrest part. Shame really. Are they standard on the vrs?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bgb

Jan 22, 2019
What VAG took away in external styling, gave them back internally :rolleyes:

Reactions: Zer0

Damo H

Remind me, what's an indicator?
Staff member
Oct 3, 2012
Car Length In Front
What VAG took away in external styling, gave them back internally :rolleyes:
Facelift Octavia maybe, but the pre facelift and superb look really smart.

Also agree the VRS seats are a lot nicer, the full leather I got in the 280 were not a patch on what I would of been getting in the Octavia 230 special edition pre facelift. So much so I started looking at swapping them for some. There were just no white stitched ones. Always red.

Last edited:
Reactions: bgb

bgb

Jan 22, 2019
Facelift Octavia maybe, but the ore facelift and superb look really smart.

Also agree the VRS seats are a lot nicer, the full leather I got in the 280 were not a patch on what I would of been getting in the Octavia 230 special edition pre facelift. So much so I started looking at swapping them for some. There were just no white stitched ones. Always red.

I honestly have to admit, the VRS in estate form in that almost matte grey was tempting!

Reactions: Peller

Damo H

Staff member
Oct 3, 2012
Car Length In Front
I honestly have to admit, the VRS in estate form in that almost matte grey was tempting!
I had a white 220 saloon VRS on order that kept being delayed. Ended up putting a deposit on a black VRS 230 estate special edition with the same VAQ diff as the Cupra. Got told a few days before collection VW would not honour the 0% deal they’d offered as it was a special edition. So cancelled that and endEd up with the Cupra 280 for less money a month than the 230 would of cost. I still think the VRS is the better looking car, the spec was awesome. Full leather buckets, auto dimming side mirrors with lights. Bigger sat nav (at the time it was 8” compared to 6.5”). Made the high spec 280 I got look dated. But having had nearly 300 horses, I don’t think the face lift 245 would be enough now (and the front end is awful).

But the seats are defiantly nicer that even the facelift Cupra Seats. They’re on a par with the Mark 2 Cupra R seats.

Reactions: bgb

Adrian300

Jun 10, 2019
I had a mk3 superb sportline with these seats minus the vrs logo. I havent tried the cupra buckets but i can say the vrs/sportline seats are very nice! Below are pics of my old car
b49202e4f7f13597d9fc35447264001a.jpg
35ec0fb256c8c7a61e326d47025687fa.jpg

Sent from my GM1913 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Damo H

Adrian300

Jun 10, 2019
Just found another pic of rear end lol. Mine was a 2.0 tsi 220bhp with the vaq diff.
453afffdff80e6eba44c043c68d59138.jpg

Sent from my GM1913 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Peller

black_sheep

Mar 10, 2013
I had Mk2 and Mk3 Octavia VRS Wagon.

Mk2 had black alcantara with red stitching optional extra - sold the car after 14 months, but the red stitching had seriously faded, so I’d be worried about Mk3 with red trim, so I opted for the silver stitching option. Had the pre-FL Mk3 for five years and purchased a Mk3 FR on the same day but kept for 6 years. Whilst the bucket seats were comfortable, the leather bolsters had worn, whereas the bolsters on the FR looked like new despite the car having 30,000 more miles on it. The centre sections were also that cheap nylon - bobbled really badly and was a step down in quality from Mk1/2 and probably the reason why the FL seats are a massive improvement.

In addition, I’m fairly certain that the seats are not the same buckets in terms of shape - I recall contributing to a similar thread on Briskoda (probably Cupra vs VRS 245). There were a few of us that defected to Cupra from VRS that commented on this thread. Also, one of my friends with the VRS seats in the picture has caught the diamond stitching as he has got in/out of the car.

Damo H

Staff member
Oct 3, 2012
Car Length In Front
Yeah they’re not the same seat. Basic frame underneath maybe, but the internal foam padding and shape is different. The shoulder bolsters are also more ‘hugging’ at the top.

As for hard wearing, can’t comment.

But purely to look at they look nicer.

Philip Santi

Sep 28, 2019
I think the ones in the Superb Sportline are very nice and you can have them electrically operated - two thing's I think I'll miss in the R ST - electric seats and powered boot

Last edited:

Peller

Mar 29, 2016
Edinburgh
Is there not a Skoda Superb with the 280 engine that cracks the grand prix to 60 in 5 and a bit seconds?

That would be the ultimate sleeper car!

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Philip Santi

Sep 28, 2019
The Superb is just a bit too big for me - I'm a big Skoda fan and have had a Fabia, Octavia and a Yeti - but for a 4wd petrol vRS, I probably wouldn't be here

Peller

Mar 29, 2016
Edinburgh
The Superb is just a bit too big for me - I'm a big Skoda fan and have had a Fabia, Octavia and a Yeti - but for a 4wd petrol vRS, I probably wouldn't be here
I've also fancied a Superb, the name says it all! As you've said, a bit too big! Proper good cars!

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Oldbutswift

Mar 23, 2016
I think I have said on here that I no longer have the Carbon edition.My daughter's partner was happy to buy it.
It went because the wife found the seat cushions of the Cupra's bucket seats hard and lumpy (I could have tolerated them but knew what she meant).
Anyway,we now have an Octavia vRS 245.The seats in the original picture look like the ones from the Challenge model which are upgrades with alcantara centres and leather bolsters whereas the standard seats in my car are cloth centres with alcantara bolsters.The shape of both type of seats are the same and both of us have no problems with the comfort of them,better for us than the Cupra seats.Having said that the seats don't offer as much side support as the Cupra.
I'm very happy with the vRS and it will be a keeper for a few years.
Before all you Cupra guys get upset I will say that as a sporty car the Cupra wins easily.I would just call the Octavia a reasonably fast family car.
The Cupra is obviously faster and has better traction.Also the suspension is a touch firmer,whatever mode you are in,and the steering is sharper with less understeer on turn in.
At my advanced age the Octy suits me with its more relaxed feel,but the Cupra has more appeal for a sporty driving experience.

Damo H

Staff member
Oct 3, 2012
Car Length In Front
I think I have said on here that I no longer have the Carbon edition.My daughter's partner was happy to buy it.
It went because the wife found the seat cushions of the Cupra's bucket seats hard and lumpy (I could have tolerated them but knew what she meant).
Anyway,we now have an Octavia vRS 245.The seats in the original picture look like the ones from the Challenge model which are upgrades with alcantara centres and leather bolsters whereas the standard seats in my car are cloth centres with alcantara bolsters.The shape of both type of seats are the same and both of us have no problems with the comfort of them,better for us than the Cupra seats.Having said that the seats don't offer as much side support as the Cupra.
I'm very happy with the vRS and it will be a keeper for a few years.
Before all you Cupra guys get upset I will say that as a sporty car the Cupra wins easily.I would just call the Octavia a reasonably fast family car.
The Cupra is obviously faster and has better traction.Also the suspension is a touch firmer,whatever mode you are in,and the steering is sharper with less understeer on turn in.
At my advanced age the Octy suits me with its more relaxed feel,but the Cupra has more appeal for a sporty driving experience.
I thought the 245 was the special edition face lift, so would of had the same seats as the special edition 230 pre face lift. But never realised they changed the seat centres and that 245 was on all of them now. (facelift initially got 230 but no VAQ diff like the 230 I was looking at). This is what I would of had if I'd of ended up with the 230 VRS:

ImageGen.ashx

With stitched VRS logos:
skoda-octavia-vrs230,-seat-detail.jpg

Last edited:

Oldbutswift

Mar 23, 2016
I thought the 245 was the special edition face lift, so would of had the same seats as the special edition 230 pre face lift. But never realised they changed the seat centres and that 245 was on all of them now. (facelift initially got 230 but no VAQ diff like the 230 I was looking at). This is what I would of had if I'd of ended up with the 230 VRS:

ImageGen.ashx

With stitched VRS logos:
skoda-octavia-vrs230,-seat-detail.jpg
Don't know much about the past models.Of course all vRS petrol are 245 now, and the standard seats are cloth/ alcantara as I said and aremanual. The upgraded seats, which you only get on the Challenge vRS, are alcantara/leather (or vinyl?) and electric.However the overall shape of the seats are the same.They still have the vRS logos and the red bits.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.