Insurance increase!

AndrewJB

Friend to SEAT UK & Cupra Racing
Aug 16, 2007
Maranello
Not suprised Cupra insurance has gone up, The difference in numbers delivered to the UK between MK2 Cupra/R and MK3 Cupra 265/280/290/300/310/R and the fact that a lot of MK3 are getting stolen means they are higher risk.

my MK1 Leon and Porsche have both come down this year over last year.

KXL

KXL
Dec 15, 2016
London, UK
Aviva really good and no extra charge on modified car.

I'm with Aviva too, though mine did not come with European cover (I will never drive there with the steering on the wrong side) nor breakdown cover (got that with my HSBC Account). My Aviva quote was ~£180 less a yr that the other cheapest competitor. Saying that I do pay just under half a grand to insure a Volvo V40 that has every safety feature. I'm mid-30s, 5yrs NCD, car parked in Gated residential parking etc, social only.

KXL

KXL
Dec 15, 2016
London, UK
I know something wrong with me...
Ordered the springs from japan and helped the car look more acceptable.ev-s will be fun as bottom heavy and fly in fast in the city.next electric car deposit paid now and biggest mistake was the seat after mercedes.

Did you get more range after lowering? As it's more 'aero'?
Reminds me of that scene in the Horrible Boses movie, when the guy was caught by the speed camera grinning, and the police asked, why were you speeding, he said, he was drag racing...which the police replied 'in a Prius?'

KXL

KXL
Dec 15, 2016
London, UK
I read somewhere that the 'cheapest' quote you get from insurance companies was 8 days prior. I guess all we can do (mine is due end Nov) is to keep saving the 'best quotes' leading up to renewal date, and go crazy a week prior and we might be lucky!

Reactions: Peller

seatgraham

Feb 14, 2012
I read somewhere that the 'cheapest' quote you get from insurance companies was 8 days prior. I guess all we can do (mine is due end Nov) is to keep saving the 'best quotes' leading up to renewal date, and go crazy a week prior and we might be lucky!
Some companies don’t hold your quote. So if you check later the price might have gone up. But they won’t honour the Previous quote price.
I read that about the timing.

KXL

KXL
Dec 15, 2016
London, UK
In the meantime I've randomly did a quote with my current insurer (I am still waiting for a renewal quote), and it's about £20 more than last year. Oh, I didn't know some didn't keep quotes for '14 or 30 days.' My experience on comparison websites always did, as did Aviva (current insurer).

Norbert

Oct 16, 2018
Did you get more range after lowering? As it's more 'aero'?
Reminds me of that scene in the Horrible Boses movie, when the guy was caught by the speed camera grinning, and the police asked, why were you speeding, he said, he was drag racing...which the police replied 'in a Prius?'
I didnt bother the range so cant tell you. all my car was lowered so must for me. was tinted and wheel spacer too.
bit outstanding from factory leafs.

ChrisM75

May 10, 2019
Its likely a regional thing. My quote at the moment are no higher, but Exeter is a low risk area and I haven't seen many other recent Cupras around. Insurance can vary by 10x depending on where in the country you are.

Peller

Mar 29, 2016
Edinburgh
I've done a little more digging around and managed to find a few lower quotes. I was taken aback by the initial increase!

My first Cupra 280 was just over £200! I'm the wrong side of 40 with plenty of no claims etc.

I did have issues when I first insured this MY19 290 as it the model wasn't on any databases at the time so it was insured as a 300.

There definitely must be extra risk somewhere. I'll wait until the magic 8 days before renewal and hopefully find the best offer.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk