what have you done to your car today ?

Leon20vt4

Oct 21, 2018
I read it also, and I also believed it and posted it for others at times, until I then found out a few months ago that was wrong. Unfortunately because I would’ve bought some from the UK for the extra half inch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nathan penney

Jul 8, 2017
Liverpool
Thought I’d do 2 ‘small’ 5 minute jobs this afternoon on my car- 2 hours later I was done. Lol
The aluminium brake pedal cover decided to drop off last week so thought it’d be a 2 minute job to get back on. How wrong I was. Tried it with the rubber still attached to the pedal, with the rubber off the pedal which was easy but then couldn’t get the thing back on. In the end after some choice words and nearly giving up and just having a permanent rubber pedal cover I managed it.
Also put a couple of new clips on the tailgate interior trim. Ones been rattling round when you open or shut the boot for ages so ended up removing most of the trim to get it out then re attached.
Thai-wronghorse had a full engine out I think in the same time it took me to do these 2 jobs. :doh:

Leon20vt4

Oct 21, 2018
Thought I’d do 2 ‘small’ 5 minute jobs this afternoon on my car- 2 hours later I was done. Lol
The aluminium brake pedal cover decided to drop off last week so thought it’d be a 2 minute job to get back on. How wrong I was. Tried it with the rubber still attached to the pedal, with the rubber off the pedal which was easy but then couldn’t get the thing back on. In the end after some choice words and nearly giving up and just having a permanent rubber pedal cover I managed it.
Also put a couple of new clips on the tailgate interior trim. Ones been rattling round when you open or shut the boot for ages so ended up removing most of the trim to get it out then re attached.
Thai-wronghorse had a full engine out I think in the same time it took me to do these 2 jobs. :doh:

Cars love to mess with you like that all the time it’s a love hate relationship

Leon20vt4

Oct 21, 2018
Anyone that is looking for a spoiler... or whatever it’s called in The queens English ... I saw a pretty cool one for sale on Facebook today! Mamic you still looking for one? Looks like it’d fit for a wide body Racecar and actually provide downforce

a6f3d307b2e5e92bfb14656a1a7b36a1.jpg

bigT's lcr

Delete. Beat. Repeat...
Feb 27, 2016
Leeds
Discovered that my Bailey DV is sticking :-( , ordered oem Bosche unit (Damn expensive too) . Just got to work out the right way to fit it as i have a cold side relocation kit.
Whatvwas the Baileys dv like? I contemplated getting one but got the forge008p instead

Gokiwi64

Geriatric Member
Apr 26, 2014
Hockley, Essex
It seems well built, solid aluminium machined body , totally different design to say Forge but its still a piston type dv. Was holding boost well and being a piston type works either way round. Is easily rebuildable (?), but recently has been sticking/leaking so needs a rebuild at a minimum.

Reactions: bigT's lcr

Manic172

https://m.facebook.com/ManicMotorsport1
Dec 4, 2018
Hemel hempstead
www.seatcupra.net
Anyone that is looking for a spoiler... or whatever it’s called in The queens English ... I saw a pretty cool one for sale on Facebook today! Mamic you still looking for one? Looks like it’d fit for a wide body Racecar and actually provide downforce

I pick it up on Sunday....

AndrewJB

Friend to SEAT UK & Cupra Racing
Aug 16, 2007
Maranello
Cheap coilovers on yesterday to replace the miss match of suspension that the old owner had (cheap GSF front OEM height, lowering springs on the rear)

Rides 100x better. Fitted them with OEM rear top mounts and polybush front ones.

pcgBZF5m.jpg

Also fitted 4x jacking point covers. 3 are screwed in, the 4th was put has come out already, so ducktape it is for now

Reactions: bigT's lcr

Andrewwright

Turbo lover
Aug 16, 2016
Peterborough
So today I woke up, sold the 1.8t blue cupra I had and brought this. Not my pics but by the time I got to it it was dark. Drives ok so that's the main thing lol.
Couldn't justify the road tax anymore, I'm not the biggest of fans of the tax man anyway so it was gonna come to an end soon enough the price he wants for feck all.
Shame really, never know, may chuck a 1.8t in this lol.
fbd2c249965599ea258898ae4aefe0d5.jpg
0946db2a5355caf60d63c0b902e64667.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Nizza

May 17, 2019

Mines getting one of these when it's sorted but they're that price new if I remeber.

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Manic172

Leon20vt4

Oct 21, 2018
So today I woke up, sold the 1.8t blue cupra I had and brought this. Not my pics but by the time I got to it it was dark. Drives ok so that's the main thing lol.
Couldn't justify the road tax anymore, I'm not the biggest of fans of the tax man anyway so it was gonna come to an end soon enough the price he wants for feck all.
Shame really, never know, may chuck a 1.8t in this lol.
fbd2c249965599ea258898ae4aefe0d5.jpg
0946db2a5355caf60d63c0b902e64667.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Awesome man I hope you enjoy the 50+mpg!

Manic172

https://m.facebook.com/ManicMotorsport1
Dec 4, 2018
Hemel hempstead
www.seatcupra.net
Mines getting one of these when it's sorted but they're that price new if I remeber.

They are 399 new plus postage. Then plus tax. So comes out near 500 all in. And about 2-3months wait too. I spoke to the bloke at byc he said he takes orders then he gets the Lazer cutting done and orders all the stuff.

Nizza

May 17, 2019
They are 399 new plus postage. Then plus tax. So comes out near 500 all in. And about 2-3months wait too. I spoke to the bloke at byc he said he takes orders then he gets the Lazer cutting done and orders all the stuff.
Ah yeah didn't see the plus tax. In that case I should really buy this.

But should I get this or engine bits....

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members